+5

When someone asks you "Do you have my back, bro?"...are they really asking...would you die for them...? Is this a phrase you say at all?

This idea came from a Fast & Furious movie where death is always imminent... Of course Vin Diesel would always do the right thing...

Image for post **When someone asks you "Do you have my back, bro?"...are they really asking...would you die for them...?** //Is this a phrase you say at all?//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
10 11

That phrase has been around along time. Just ask a soldier.

I thought It meant like I'm covering you from behind like if someone sneaks up on you, not necessarily a sacrifice

I've never said it - but had many "friends" who've uttered those words to me right before drinks started flying because the so-called "friend" was about to run his big fat mouth off again. I don't miss those days.

I've never asked that question; I know who will be there for me .... but I think those who do feel the need to ask often mean "I'm about to do something asinine, and I want you to share in my humiliation". hehe smilie

I dunno. I get away from people who talk like that.

My friends always have my back this is something I never question & they know I have theirs. My best friend Bradley always says " Ya know I would take a bullet for you" in which I reply "I would take a bullet for you too...well in the knee that is"hehe smilie

I've never said that and i've never been called or called anyone "bro".