CiscoKarpes avatar Animals & Nature
1 8

wouldn't that be considered... change?

Carmos avatar Carmo Disagree 0Reply
@Carmo wouldn't that be considered... change?

More like pretending to change to benefit their own gain.
Nobody changes they just become more secretive as they get older.
If people truly spoke their minds all the time and actually said what they truly thought all the time we wouldn't have many people to trust

@CiscoKarpe More like pretending to change to benefit their own gain. Nobody changes they just become more secretive as they...

Deciding what to do with our thoughts and doing different things with the thoughts that come into our heads is a change in who we are. With learning new information we might make different decisions on our actions. Ex. I hate dogs because as a kid i was attacked by one. Later in life I met one that was very gentle and I fell in love and instantly loved dogs since. I wasn't pretending to hate dogs and i am not pretending to like dogs now. New information had me "change" my outlook and actions.

Carmos avatar Carmo Disagree 0Reply

For creatures like us who fulfill their vocations in time, change is a law of our being.

Metaphysical principle (Aristotle): First you are and then you act. If you couldn't change yourself, you wouldn't be able to change what you do over time.

Anonymous