+7

Do you follow recipes word for word? Or, do you add a splash of this and splish of that? It doesn't matter what system you follow; it still tells you a lot about what you do in life.

If anything is done with love it has to be desserts; especially lovely decorative cakes...and cupcakes. And such fun!

Image for post **Do you follow recipes word for word? Or, do you add a splash of this and splish of that?** //It doesn't matter what system you follow; it still tells you a lot about what you do in life.//
Sukiesnows avatar Religion
7 9

I hardly ever use a recipe.

Oh some of my best dishes came from not fully following the directions

I usually read several recipes on line for what I will attempt to make. Then I just go at it from memory combining the ideas and ingredients that stick with me. I have about an 90% success rate. 9 out of 10 dishes are pretty darn good, the other is barely edible.

@Sukiesnow I guess you don't bake much, VicZinc.

True.

I do make generic 'cookies', pies, pancakes, biscuits, and breads using the handfull of this and a splash of that method.

But for cakes, brownies, or specialty cookies - I have to measure or it is always a disaster.

On some things when you bake you must follow the directions completely or it won't turn out right - however, if simply cooking supper, etc - yeah, do what you want.

Anonymous