+11

Soo, i am making dinner next saturday. You are the only guest and i want to make what YOU would like. Whats on the menu? Dessert included

Carlas avatar Life
9 57

As an aperitif = seafood ceviche, with champers
Main = vegetarian lasagne avec crusty French bread. Green beans.
Dessert = homemade coconut cream pie.
Throughout = Pellegrino and Italian Orvieto.
After = café au lait.

Too much? Just the lasagne and Orvieto would be enough.

I'll bring the roses and the wine.

@Sukiesnow As an aperitif = seafood ceviche, with champers Main = vegetarian lasagne avec crusty French bread. Green...

Okay, i will make the ceviche with grouper, its my favorite. But excuse the absence of cilantro, i subbed with parsley.
I normally use diffetent cheeses on my lasagna, do you eat cheese? If not, thats okay. It will still be good

I will blanch and char your beans, you'll like them. Dont make much bread, but i know where to find a very good loaf

My moms favorite is coconut cream. But i make a mernigue instead of whipped cream. You will enjoy that too. We will have it with our coffee with the pie.

Lots of wine.....you best sleep here. And take the leftovers, i dont drink

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Carla Okay, i will make the ceviche with grouper, its my favorite. But excuse the absence of cilantro, i subbed with...

Just joking...

Vegetarian lasagne with mushroom, cheeses and spinach is great for me... Plus some French stick, if it's not too much trouble...lol

Any white wine will do...

@Carla I woulda done what you asked. I DID offer. And i didnt put a limit on your choices.

I don't eat that much...even of lasagne, I would only eat mebbe a piece that's about 2 square inches. My eyes are bigger than my stomach.

My sister loves having me over since I take a lot of food home. :)

@2476005

I make a very good roasted chicken. Breasts are juicy and the thighs fall from the bone. Riasted cauliflower with a lighrt pesto.
A dense, moist dark chcolate cake with a dollop of white chocolate mouse and fresh rasberries???

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2476010

Way to a womans heart? She only cooks when she wants to...

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

Pasta and meat. Strawberry jelly and chocolate mousse. Or Peach Pudding :D

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +2Reply
@Sofia Pasta and meat. Strawberry jelly and chocolate mousse. Or Peach Pudding :D

Alright.....i make my own jam, so desert is easy.
Chicken and sauted veggies with a white wine and romano over linguini. A few black olives on top. Just for you sofia

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply

Thank you, I'll have spaghetti, tossed salad, garlic bread Pecan pie for dessert.

Pizza

@faceman Pizza

Now, that's not descriptive enough. Tofu pizza? Gluten free.

@Sukiesnow Now, that's not descriptive enough. Tofu pizza? Gluten free.

Please don't ever slander "pizza" with that 4-letter word again.

Instead, how about pineapple pizza? Or even better, pineapple-nacho-pizza.

@Sukiesnow Ha. Fruit on a pizza?

Yeah it's great - well pineapple is anyways. I don't know that I'd try anything else though. They're hawaiian pizzas. Actually anything can be converted to "hawaiian" just by adding pineapple. : )

@faceman Pizza

Pretty simple, just let me know what you want on it

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

Baked macaroni and cheese, hot rolls, salad, and something chocolate for dessert

Trishs avatar Trish Agree +2Reply
@Trish Baked macaroni and cheese, hot rolls, salad, and something chocolate for dessert

You are easy to please.
I will make a kale and spinach salad with a vinagette to cut the richmess ofvthe mac n cheese.
Desert, hmmmm chocolate, how about a cream puff but instead of cream i will make a chocolate custard with a fresh strawberry sauce?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2476011

My pleasure. Only have made tiramisu once. But it was darn good. Since we are going italian i will make an herbed porterhouse with a galic mash. A simple salad. Dinner will fill you so we will need to have an early dinner. Desert after you have digested

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2476015

I will love the thai. AND the sherbet
Havent seen the remake, but love, love the original

@2476031

Ive built sets too, kinda takes away the magic, no? I will find and watch it

@2476046

The last film i worked was a tv film in 96. Ive done several. I always look for the obvious,

Oh thats a break away wall for the camera angle. Or, i know thats not brick.

Exterior facades, i can spot them right off.

I did get a kick out of watching for props i built. I have a miniture water tower i built. Its from a rooftop scene from the crow.
They let me have it after we struck the set. A good conversation peice

Something simple and easy to make. Would rather you spend the time with me, rather than the kitchen. We can even order a pizza.

@JustJimColo Something simple and easy to make. Would rather you spend the time with me, rather than the kitchen. We can even...

No, ive just had take out. I will cook. It will almost ready when you arrive.
I can do a quick stir fry with shrimp.
A simple cheescake for dessert

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

Oh why thank ya. Honestly, I would be happy with whatever ever you wanted to make. If I have to select something biscuits and gravy with some plain coffee and a peach cobbler please.

@Lil_Princess Oh why thank ya. Honestly, I would be happy with whatever ever you wanted to make. If I have to select something...

Okay princess, breakfast for dinner, i dig that.
I make good sausage gravy and my buttermilk biscuits are really quite good too.
Cobbler or crisp?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla Okay princess, breakfast for dinner, i dig that. I make good sausage gravy and my buttermilk biscuits are really...

Oh sounds wonderful I love sausage gravy. Hmmm I ain't had a crisp in forever. That would be perfect.

@2476170

Ive stuffed a pork loin with apple. I make the creme brulee(my favorite) i bet i could make you the shrimp, but i would leave it to you to eat as it would be too spicy for my personal taste.

@2476192

Oh yum. If it has that wondetful vanilla bean flavor, and sublime texture, i would be in heaven with a slice

Carla: You are a good cook then, wouldn't it be nice if people were not so far away so we could do things like that. Be well LL

OK french onion soup and salad to start. Rare tender steak on the grill baked taters with fat free sour cream. brownies with vanilla ice cream on top. That would all be nice, I usually need to cook all those for myself as I am so darn picky rare meat is almost raw everything else is almost burned for me. .

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred OK french onion soup and salad to start. Rare tender steak on the grill baked taters with fat free sour cream...

We will have to start early, thats is alot of rich food. But, no problem with the steak, i go to a good butcher and they have beautiful bone in rib eye. I like them on the rare side of medium rare
But can even do rare (cold center) for you. Do you like walnuts in your brownies?
All of that i will make but will have to get the ice cream
We will do moomers, its mmmmm

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

A buffet.

Anonymous