Was the election rigged?

Not that it matters at this point but Trump was right when he said the election was rigged. He neglected to mention it was rigged in his favor but the general public doesn't seem to know or care and it wasn't voter fraud but voter fraud played a roll. It's well known that voter fraud is nonexistent but the absurd notion led to states voter ID laws which dis-proportionally affects democratic voters. Russian hacking aside Comey's announcement 11 days before the vote was clearly an unprecedented political play as was the entire email fiasco yet it cost Clinton 16 points in polls.Even with that it wouldn't have been enough without direct republican election fraud. Along with voter ID there was massive voter repression in other ways specifically targeting minorities who tend to vote for democrats. Shorter voting times and a limited number of voting venues are just some of the ways republicans have suppressed the vote. Probably the worst of them is called the Interstate Voter Registration Crosscheck Program which was used to purge millions of eligible voters from the rolls. The MSM has completely ignored the issue as has congress.
Why? More than likely it's because this was exactly the result the deep state wanted. This country is no longer a democratic republic and hasn't been for a very long time. You might want to buckle up, we're in for a very bumpy ride

urwutuiss avatar Politics
8 61

not by russia, but the recount Hilary held exposed some voter fraud done by the democrats

@Anonymousmouse not by russia, but the recount Hilary held exposed some voter fraud done by the democrats

Voter fraud is virtually nonexistent. 4 cases in the last decade with no convictions
Clinton didn't call for a recount and Stein's recounts were derailed.
On the other hand, millions were denied their right to vote due to the crosscheck program, voter ID and the reduction of voting stations. All tactics employed by republicans.

@urwutuis Voter fraud is virtually nonexistent. 4 cases in the last decade with no convictions Clinton didn't call for a...

their never will be convictions, just like Hilary won;t go to jail, the crimes she has commtied are life in jail worthy, yet will she ever get convicted? not by americans she won;t be. government and cops protect themselves,. they will never prosecute each other

@Anonymousmouse their never will be convictions, just like Hilary won;t go to jail, the crimes she has commtied are life in jail...

It's not about Hilary.
The reason voter fraud doesn't exist is because it would be stupid to try to steal an election one vote at a time.
That's where voter suppression comes in.

Hillary backed the recounts after Jill called for them.

Want to explain the 'sealed' ballot boxes in Detroit precincts that had fewer ballots in them than the tally sheets showed? Might be why they didn't want to do a recount in PA (especially Philadelphia).

Where were 'millions' denied the right to vote? Give your sources. There is a process to get on the voter rolls and then stay on those rolls. Follow the rules. Simple as that!

@urwutuis Recounts have nothing to do with suppression. Just look up voter suppression

Where were 'millions' denied the right to vote? Give your sources.

@urwutuis look it up. or don't.

LOL - you have no sources that millions are denied the right to vote, unless you are including NON-US citizens in that number.

@Seonag LOL - you have no sources that millions are denied the right to vote, unless you are including NON-US citizens in...

I don't keep notes and it's not my job to educate you. Besides, I don't care if you believe it or not. You're welcome to be as misinformed as you like

It was rigged by Putin in Trump's favor. That's why he said he was going to win big time, when all the polls said otherwise. The truth will come out eventually, it always does.

Oh it wouldn't surprise me if it was

And the facts are?... Blogs, commentaries by "journalists and all the other propaganda doesn't count. If there were any facts, it would be out there. (I can say the same thing about the last 2 elections and I'll get just as many people agreeing.) That still doesn't make it true.

@JustJimColo And the facts are?... Blogs, commentaries by "journalists and all the other propaganda doesn't count. If there were...

Well, voter suppression is certainly a fact. At least 1.2 million were illegally removed from the rosters and the reduced number of voting stations in largely Black areas had some waiting in line for 8 hours. Voter ID is a fact as well.

@JustJimColo Cite your credible source.

Why can I never get an answer back when I ask for people to validate their statements from a credible source?

@JustJimColo Why can I never get an answer back when I ask for people to validate their statements from a credible source?

I don't work for you and I don't care if you believe it or not.
If you want the truth look it up.

@urwutuis I don't work for you and I don't care if you believe it or not. If you want the truth look it up.

In other words, you can't. Generally people who can't support what they say, and tell others to do the research, do so because they haven't done their due diligence themselves. In other words, they made it up or are reporting rumors.

I think it was. That is the first conclusion I came to but I shrugged it off as being too simple.

@Sukiesnow I think it was. That is the first conclusion I came to but I shrugged it off as being too simple.

Voter suppression that targeted minorities was very real. Dayton, Ohio on "souls to the polls Sunday", a traditional Black voter mass turnout, had one voting station open. People who could afford to take the time waited in line for 8 hours.

@2476739

I agree. Elections are the illusion of freedom. There really isn't a choice. It always come down to who you dislike least.

Unquestionably. Nobody can deny that the media was extremely biased in their coverage of the election, heavily favoring one candidate over the other to the point that members of the press actually provided debate questions to one of the candidates in advance. That candidate did not report having received the questions in advance and therefore participated directly in the rigging.

There were also several million non-citizens who participated illegally in the vote, people who one side railed against and the other pandered to, that was almost certainly a significant factor in the vote count.

Clearly, one candidate had enormous tailwinds, enjoying support and praise from all corners, while the other candidate was forced to buck enormous headwinds, being constantly attacked and vilified over the most trivial of things. Fortunately, in spite of all the blatantly obvious rigging that occurred, Trump still won.

@Maze Unquestionably. Nobody can deny that the media was extremely biased in their coverage of the election, heavily...

The blatantly obvious rigging was voter suppression. As to media Trump goT about $3b in free advertising.

@urwutuis The blatantly obvious rigging was voter suppression. As to media Trump goT about $3b in free advertising.

Most of the free "advertising" was negative. Besides that, about the same number of white males voted for Trump as Romney, Trump's gains came from minorities and women.

@Maze Most of the free "advertising" was negative. Besides that, about the same number of white males voted for Trump as...

There's no such thing as bad publicity and it has nothing to do with voter suppression

Donald Trump won the U.S. presidency with less support from black and Hispanic voters than any president in at least 40 years, a Reuters review of polling data shows

Trump was elected with 8 percent of the black vote, 28 percent of the Hispanic vote and 27 percent of the Asian-American vote, according to the Reuters/Ipsos Election Day poll.

@urwutuis There's no such thing as bad publicity and it has nothing to do with voter suppression Donald Trump won the U.S...

Here it is in graphical form, from Pew Research.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact...der-education/

There's a strong tendency to support Democrats among black and hispanic voters, that didn't really change, but you can see that both segments of the population moved toward the Republicans while the white vote remained essentially unchanged. The difference between Trump and Romney wasn't white support, it was black and latino support.

@Maze Here it is in graphical form, from Pew...

I can live with that but it still doesn't address voter suppression which would likely change those figures but that's not the point.
The point is the working democracy we don't have.

@Maze

Seriously? Where did he say that? Was it "when you vote you're a citizen"? That's not encouraging illegals to vote. He was talking about legal voters being afraid to vote because they have relatives who "can't legally vote" and "have no voice".
Every investigation into voter fraud has come up empty including Bush's 5 year investigation.

Of course is was rigged! Hillary had the nomination process set up to make sure that Bernie Sanders had no chance to be nominated (because this time it was HER turn, doncha know)!

And even the millions of votes by the illegal aliens was not enough to matter because the wisdom of having the Electoral College permitted the voters in the states other than New York and California to count!clap smilie

@urwutuis Millions of votes by illegals? You actually believe that?

No, I don't. I just threw that out there as a fire spark to irritate the losers. The number of illegal alien votes is unknown, but that is a moot point. The Electoral College nullified the impact of that demographic since the largest portion of those occurred in the states which were awarded to Hillary.

My declaration that the election was rigged was based upon the factors which Maze alluded to in his post the day before yesterday (see above). The only times I can remember Republican candidates who had to fight against such opposition in their own party were the 1980 and 1964 elections (although I wasn't old enough to vote in 1964 as I was a college freshman, but I posted Goldwater advertising on my dormitory room door).

I can also speak to how voter fraud and suppression work where I live because I have served as an election inspector in every election since 2001 and have witnessed how it is managed firsthand.

@goblue1968 No, I don't. I just threw that out there as a fire spark to irritate the losers. The number of illegal alien...

"The number of illegal alien votes is unknown, but that is a moot point. The Electoral College nullified the impact of that demographic since the largest portion of those occurred in the states which were awarded to Hillary"

So you don't know how many but you know where it happened?
How many illegal voters did you see and how was it managed?
How many voters were purged from the rolls where you live?

The idea that somebody would try to steal an election one vote at a time is inane. How and where do you find hundreds of thousands of people willing to risk a $5000 fine and 5 years in prison and how much would that cost?
Bush's investigation went on for 5 years and found nothing just like every other investigation into voter fraud.
Meanwhile, there's a mountain of evidence of election fraud from the 27 republican states who used crosscheck, voter ID and reduction in the number of voting stations et al. to suppress the vote especially targeting minorities who tend to vote democrat.

@urwutuis "The number of illegal alien votes is unknown, but that is a moot point. The Electoral College nullified the impact...

Would you care to direct me toward that so-called mountain of evidence of election fraud? Crosscheck and voter ID are both methods which reduce voter fraud (I know about voter ID, because I serve as an election inspector and that is the primary method we use because the ID we check must have a photograph of the voter on the ID). Number of voting stations is something I can't speak to because where I live, the voting jurisdiction is divided into precincts and the voters must vote in the polling location in the precinct where they live. That means nobody has to vote at a place that is more than a mile or so from where they live. That makes it easier to vote rather than more difficult, so I don't see voter suppression as an issue here.

If there are wrongdoings to be found, an ambitious inverstigator will find them.
When someone has the ability to grow a big artichoke, you have a lot of layers to peel before you get to the heart

Enough already, he was sworn in and you will have to deal with him for at least 4 years, it's over.

@urwutuis So election fraud doesn't matter?

Who can say that it was election fraud? The people who didn't get their candidate to win? If it was the other way around I bet there wouldn't be a peep from Hillary supporters and Trump supporters would be losing their gumballs.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Who can say that it was election fraud? The people who didn't get their candidate to win? If it was the other way...

Voter suppression is election fraud regardless of who won. I am no fan of Clinton. I think she's dog shit. I didn't vote because I didn't care who won and I never thought I would miss GWB but I do now.

You posted: "Probably the worst of them is called the Interstate Voter Registration Crosscheck Program which was used to purge millions of eligible voters from the rolls."

So you believe it is okay for a voter to be registered to vote in more than one state. WRONG! If they didn't do that I could be registered and voted in 5 different states --- where I've lived and registered to vote over the past 10 years (ignoring the fact that I did notify former Registrars myself of my move out of their district).

@Seonag You posted: "Probably the worst of them is called the Interstate Voter Registration Crosscheck Program which was...

Voter fraud is nonexistent.
Registered doesn't mean voted and most people don't even think about it when they move.
Beside the fact that trying to steal an election one vote at a time is absurd.

@urwutuis Voter fraud is nonexistent. Registered doesn't mean voted and most people don't even think about it when they...

Get your head out of the sand! Fraud does exist --- just look at Detroit. And we know about that only because of the recount. I'll wait for Michigan's investigation into the differences between the number of ballots and number of votes, but something is really fishy there.

@Seonag Get your head out of the sand! Fraud does exist --- just look at Detroit. And we know about that only because of...

They're using rented scanners and old ones at that. Those things notoriously miscount. I'd be surprised if the numbers did match. Even on the recount they used scanners.That's not a recount it's a joke and thinking it's evidence of voter fraud is even more ridiculous.

@urwutuis They're using rented scanners and old ones at that. Those things notoriously miscount. I'd be surprised if the...

Rather than take your word for it, I'll wait for the State and now the Feds to investigate that and report their results. BUT, remember the person responsible for that polling location signed off on the voting machine totals and the number of ballots in each box matched. Maybe they were rented or old ones, at that.

@Seonag Rather than take your word for it, I'll wait for the State and now the Feds to investigate that and report their...

A wise decision. I wouldn't take my word for it either The odd thing is they aren't supposed to use machines in a recount. They're supposed to be hand counted.

@urwutuis A wise decision. I wouldn't take my word for it either The odd thing is they aren't supposed to use machines in a...

Kind of hard to do a recount by hand of ballots when there are only 50 in the box, but there were supposed to be 350 per the voting machine they came from. Sadly, when the two don't match in Michigan, it appears no recount of those ballots occurs.

@Seonag Kind of hard to do a recount by hand of ballots when there are only 50 in the box, but there were supposed to be...

I heard about that and it's absolutely absurd. If there's a reason for a recount it's illegal to do a recount. Who comes up with that stuff?

Anonymous