Can Someone Please Tell Me Which Rights For Women Are Being Violated?

I watched parts of the protests on Sunday. I don't get it. I saw a bunch of loudmouth people acting like spoiled brats and none of them could verbalize what all the hoop-la is about. So please - enlighten me!

Image for post Can Someone Please Tell Me Which Rights For Women Are Being Violated?
36% I don't get it either, Bud. 0% Well, here's what it's about - and I won't even use offensive words! 9% Well, here's what it's about - but I must use offensive words! 55% Other
Budwicks avatar Politics
0 70

They're angry over the right to pee standing up and there will be no peace until we provide urinals in the ladies room.

@JerryHendrickson They're angry over the right to pee standing up and there will be no peace until we provide urinals in the ladies room.

Hey I always stand to pee in public I lift the seat and position myself over the toilet works well once you get used to it. So I don't have to worry about getting germs on myself at all.

The protests are not for what he has done, but for what he says he will do.

Letting the violence against women acts expire without renewal

Reversing a 45 year old roe v wade. Sending women back to mexico and the back alleys and dirty hotel rooms

Speaking of women as though they are chattel.

Naming a vp who has very stringent and damaging opinions on homesexuals. Men and women.

Eliminating planned parenthood.

There is five
Im out

@Carla The protests are not for what he has done, but for what he says he will do. Letting the violence against women...

Thank you for your reply Carla. That wasn't as hard as I bet you thought it might be.

Now, the violence against women act includes a number of chilling provisions that would turn mundane arguments among couples into the grounds for the loss of one’s second Amendment rights. [As usual, democrats went too far in trying to control citizens - this is just one example. And, why is this a federal issue any way? What sort of jurisdiction the Federal government has in domestic violence anyway. Isn’t this an issue for states and local governments?

Roe V Wade is a Supreme Court matter. Trump can't wave his hand or even use Obama's phone or pen to change it.

The only folks Trump wants to deport are criminals. You want the criminals to say?

Speaking of women as though they are chattel? I think I know where you meant to go here, but Trump has freedom of speech too. And, after one of your spokeswomen spoke in words that couldn't be aired on TV or radio - I wouldn't get too high and mighty over that.

No one wants to eliminate Planned Parenthood. But there's no reason for federal funding of it either. It's not a government program. It gets plenty of money from private sources.

And naming Pence with opinions that you don't agree with, cuz Pence thinks marriage is between a man and a woman? Well, I guess you're entitled to your opinion too.

This comment was deleted.
@2478127

Most liars tell enough truth to hook you and reel you in. Just like he done to you

@2478136

Well, you played me. Thats okay
I enjoy being played with.
You sure argue in his favor.
If you see things from all directions
Why are you not looking through my angle?
You say you rectify, on whos behalf?
Your own?
Is what is right for you, right for me?

I think this whole thing stems from that audio clip of Trump on the bus years ago. So I guess the right of someone-else-bragging-in-private-about-an-unconfirmed-event has been violated.

Or maybe they fear their claimed "right" to infanticide is in danger (though I'm sure it's not).

(Shit - I forgot to use an offensive word.)

facemans avatar faceman Well, here's what it's about - but I must use... +3Reply

I guess it's a "right", that some women demand, for a mother to kill her child.

@dru18 You're right, the back alley butcher was so much better.

I don't condone the MD who has broken his oath for $$$ so why would I condone a backstreet butcher who does it for $$$?

@dru18 Because that is the road you are traveling.

Do you know why abortion rights use terms like fetus and other terms instead of baby today? To de-humanize the act.
They have done the same in war. Did we call them Japanese and Germans in WWII? No, we called them Krauts and Nips along with other names. By dehumanizing someone, it is easier to kill them.

@JustJimColo Do you know why abortion rights use terms like fetus and other terms instead of baby today? To de-humanize the...

De humanize, my butt. No woman goes skipping and singing into an abortion clinic.

We have a different definition of when life starts.

If you are talking about Trump , it might be the right NOT to be groped.

@dru18 If you are talking about Trump , it might be the right NOT to be groped...

You might want to go read the transcript of what was really said. He said that when you are a star they LET you grab them.

@dru18 Two things: 1. Trump is not nor ever will be a "star". 2. 'Consent', look it up.

1. You and I may not think he is a star but there are plenty out there that do treat him like one.
2. Consent - permission for something to happen - letting something happen can be construed as consent

@ozzyboy 1. You and I may not think he is a star but there are plenty out there that do treat him like one. 2. Consent -...

1. Nobody thinks Trump is a star but Trump.
2. Allowing something to happen, is not consent. Consent is agreeing. Many women have put up with sexual harassment because they are afraid of losing their jobs along with other reasons. That is NOT agreeing.

@dru18 1. Nobody thinks Trump is a star but Trump. 2. Allowing something to happen, is not consent. Consent is agreeing...

1 Not true

2. Dammit-webster is lying to me when he says that allowing something to happen is consent????????? Why that lyin little weasel!

@ozzyboy 1 Not true 2. Dammit-webster is lying to me when he says that allowing something to happen is consent????????? Why...

So nice to know you have 'sexually harassed' 'women's back. Nice to know that you think sexual harassment is funny. Trump really is your man.

@dru18 So nice to know you have 'sexually harassed' 'women's back. Nice to know that you think sexual harassment is funny...

I take sexual harassment VERY seriously, it's your avoidance of the truth and the dance you do to meet that end that's funny. You twist and squirm to push your views on others. You and your kind are becoming more irrelevant with each passing day.

"So nice to know you have 'sexually harassed' 'women's back."
That absolutely makes no sense at all, proving how far off the deep end you have gone.

@ozzyboy I take sexual harassment VERY seriously, it's your avoidance of the truth and the dance you do to meet that end...

Sure you do. Is that why you support a man who boasts about 'groping', and says that if women are being sexually harassed at work, they should just quit?

@dru18 Sure you do. Is that why you support a man who boasts about 'groping', and says that if women are being sexually...

What are you on? I never said women should quit if they are being sexually harassed at work. Quite the opposite but hey, you guys make up your own stories
so it doesn't matter what I actually said.

@ozzyboy What are you on? I never said women should quit if they are being sexually harassed at work. Quite the opposite but...

"I never said women should quit if they are being sexually harassed at work"

Did I say YOU did?

I believe I said, that you support a man who has publicly said just that.

Learn to read.

@dru18 "I never said women should quit if they are being sexually harassed at work" Did I say YOU did? I believe I said...

Where did Trump say that a woman should quit if she is groped?
You can attack my reading skills but my reasoning skills are completely fine. I would rather have Trump than Clinton. No one died under Trump but you will excuse Clinton's long history of rotten behavior because you hate Trump so much.

@ozzyboy Where did Trump say that a woman should quit if she is groped? You can attack my reading skills but my reasoning...

"No one died under Trump"?? He has only been in office 12 days!

And yes, we had a navy seal die this last weekend,...UNDER TRUMP!

The raid was planned under Obama and botched under Trump.

@dru18 "No one died under Trump"?? He has only been in office 12 days! And yes, we had a navy seal die this last...

In his long career, no one died until now. Clinton has a long history of lying, selling access to her while sec of state,and mysterious deaths around her. I believe the last count was around 60. Whitewater, Vince Foster - oh my the list just keeps growing and growing.
Trump has had some questionable ventures but none so horrendous as her.
The rumor is that there was inside information given out that caused the death of Owens. I will wait until the investigation is over. You, I know, have your liberal crystal ball that tells you that it was Trump who botched the raid.

@ozzyboy In his long career, no one died until now. Clinton has a long history of lying, selling access to her while sec of...

First let's get real.

Trump has never held a public office, so I don't know who would have gotten KILLED with him selling his name to businesses he DIDN'T create.

Once again, who has Clinton killed? Besides what your overactive imagination is telling you.

@dru18 First let's get real. Trump has never held a public office, so I don't know who would have gotten KILLED with him...

Apparently you want to refight the facts. I'm not going to roll with you. There is too much factual information available but I would be wasting my time with the likes of you. Good bye.

@ozzyboy Apparently you want to refight the facts. I'm not going to roll with you. There is too much factual information...

The "facts" as you call them have already been debunked, by more qualified people then you will ever be.

Adios.

@dru18 The "facts" as you call them have already been debunked, by more qualified people then you will ever be. Adios.

Oh yeah? Well, your 'debunked facts' as you call them have been double debunked by more qualified people then you can imagine!

@Budwick Oh yeah? Well, your 'debunked facts' as you call them have been double debunked by more qualified people then you...

"Oh Yeah?"

Oh crap, have you finally gone over the bend?

Not only do you sound like you're eight, but you are not even making sense.

Time for "Mr. Sandman'.

Did you pay attention? Women came forward that were unwillingly groped by him. And what of his uninvited dressing room visits?

Presidents are supposed to be almost beyond reproach.
Be dignified, tactful and well spoken.

He is supposed to be someone you would like you daughter to look up to.

Trump is none of those things. I wish that wasnt the case.

I have always been a democrat. But i have never had such adverse feelings towards any republican president. Not even bush jr.

@Carla Did you pay attention? Women came forward that were unwillingly groped by him. And what of his uninvited dressing...

Yep, and the entire left still loves Slick Willy becasue their standards are so high. We've had dignified, tactful and well spoken in the art of lies. We have had it with career politicians. Yes, Trump raises some eyebrows but he loves this country and those of us who voted for him believe he will hold people accountable for their actions, something that has not been done for a long time in this country.

@ozzyboy Yep, and the entire left still loves Slick Willy becasue their standards are so high. We've had dignified, tactful...

Okay. Who is going to hold him accountable?

He loves the idea that he is the leader of a movement.

Can we name other movement leaders? Think for a spell, some names my come yo you.

@ozzyboy You might want to go read the transcript of what was really said. He said that when you are a star they LET you...

He did. Its not so much that incident that upset me, its what came of it. It opened doors to women who had been groped WITHOUT consent to speak up.

And it just, well, gave a vivid picture of just the kind of man he is

@Carla He did. Its not so much that incident that upset me, its what came of it. It opened doors to women who had been...

If women "let" men grab them, then who is at fault?
I am not condoning any forced contact, at all. But I am curious about the letting part of it.

@ozzyboy If women "let" men grab them, then who is at fault? I am not condoning any forced contact, at all. But I am curious...

Nothing to be curious about. If someone, anyone grabs you and you say no, stop, get up and walk away, then it is assault. If you sit/stand/lay there and and dont object and are accepting then you are inviting more or are consenting. If you are below age of consent, then its always assault.

Women, myself included years ago, (but with vocal admonishments) have taken grabs on the ass, chest, creepy shoulder strokes, creepy comments, lears, etc., forever. You just expect more from the potus.
Carter, reagan, the bushes, obama, you didnt hear that kind of rubbish. And even clintons doggish ways werent public till his second administration. If the general public would have known, he would never have been elected.
That kind of behavior used to be unacceptable for the potus.
Even divorce was frowned upon
They are supposed to be someone to look to for a higher standard.
That, has gone the way of the mammoth

@Carla Nothing to be curious about. If someone, anyone grabs you and you say no, stop, get up and walk away, then it is...

I am keenly aware of the crude behavior of some men
and avoid it as much as possible. Trump saying that women "let you" doesn't sound like he is plotting to force himself on anyone because most are willing. You may not be star struck but we also know the groupie mentality is not a myth.
When he spoke sin such a juvenile manner, I'm pretty sure he had no idea that someday he would be president of the USA. Not an excuse for bad behavior but I know I would not be able to run for anything if I was as scrutinized as he is.

How you could have possibly lived thru the 60's and not have empathy for younger women who's rights and safety are threatened, i do not know.

If you cant see it or hear it by now. No explaination will satisfy you

@Carla How you could have possibly lived thru the 60's and not have empathy for younger women who's rights and safety are...

Nearly 60 years have passed since the 60's Carla. I'm talking here, now - what's your issue? So far, my impression is that you don't know either.

Ive explained MY issues here many times.

Dont tell me i dont know what my issues are bud. I do.

Im just tired of explaining them to those of you who really dont care.

It wont change your way of thinking, nor your views on what you precieve as right. So no matter what i say regarding these issues, i will firever be wrong.

Ask your wife. If she cant explain it, then i suggest you remain in your bubble

@Carla Ive explained MY issues here many times. Dont tell me i dont know what my issues are bud. I do. Im just tired of...

OK, since there are so many, for so long, what's the deal with the big uprising for Trump's inaugural? Why not some other time over the past 60 years?

Getting all flustered over things you can't / won't even express is not helpful.

Can you name your top three reasons for the march? Just three - not all 60 years worth.

There is that pay discrepancy thing but since congress doesn't pay equally, it might not be a big problem.

@Carla Thats six. Thank you ozzy. It amazing how he accepts an answer form a man??????

Hey! I responded to your answer too! In fact with a lot more words than I left for Ozzy!

And, if you had mentioned unequal pay, I would have responded the same way to you as I did to him - [are we sure Ozzy is a guy by the way - it really makes no difference to me, but apparently it does to Carla]

But, you didn't mention it, did you? In fact I had to pull a response out of you. And I responded clearly to each one.

Although, marching because of words spoken in private over 30 years ago, and picking a VP that happens to believe that marriage should be the way it's been for thousands of years - just seems a bit weak to me.

@Budwick Hey! I responded to your answer too! In fact with a lot more words than I left for Ozzy! And, if you had...

Bud, bud, bud.
You know why those women were protesting.
You just dont agree as to why.
I would go into the whole state vs federal law business, but you believe what you do.
You dont come out of your midwestern mindset for a minute
That works for you.
Doesnt work for me

@Carla Bud, bud, bud. You know why those women were protesting. You just dont agree as to why. I would go into the whole...

Gosh Carla, I feel quite honored that would spend so much of your valuable time with a simple mid-westerner.

@Budwick Gosh Carla, I feel quite honored that would spend so much of your valuable time with a simple mid-westerner.

Hey bud, im a mid-westerner.
Never said you were SIMPLE minded.
Just not OPEN minded.
And dear sir, if that works for you. Then GOOD for you.....

@Carla Hey bud, im a mid-westerner. Never said you were SIMPLE minded. Just not OPEN minded. And dear sir, if that works...

Carla, you are one of the most closed minded people I've run across here.

Just think of what you've done in your did of the mid-west. You've proven what the right figured for years - the left has complete dis-regard for the mid-west. Never mind that you happen to claim the mid-west as home - you're just crapping in your own back yard! In the same way Hillary sealed her fate with the deplorable comment - really Carla? The mid-west mindset? WTF is that supposed to mean?

@Budwick Carla, you are one of the most closed minded people I've run across here. Just think of what you've done in...

Bud, i grew up in downstate michigan. In what was then the sticks.
I knew i was different from an early age.but knew any difference would not play out well. When i was in junior high there was a male classmate that was on the effiminate side. That kid was driven to suicide.
When i wad 13 or 14 a black family moved to the area. They were quite literally driven out.
When i turned 17 i enlisted in the service to just get out.
When i came home, of course, nothing had changed. I chocked up to the idea that most everyone worked on a line. And had to have a mindset that was in line or they wouldnt survive.
Again, i got out. Im am only here to take care of my aged mother. And i am far north.
Even the conservative southern state i prefer is more open minded then here.
And this is the first time i have ever been as vocal as i am regarding politics. I have always been excepting when my canidate has lost. I always had faith that even tho a conservative was in office, i believed he truly would have all of we the peoples best intrest at heart.
This time, i dont. I am so unsure, and so appalled at the idea of such a charlatan being in charge of our country.
I am, in no sense, closed minded.
I just would like our liberties and protections to not be stolen away.
If you think that the jobs that have left are going to return, i fear you are mistaken.
And when there is no minimum wage, even the jobs that are created, will be non living wage jobs.
So bud, careful what you wish for, there are conditions.

@Carla Bud, i grew up in downstate michigan. In what was then the sticks. I knew i was different from an early age.but...

Oh! Well, then... by all means - discard the mid-west mind set!

Carla, you expressing anger and fear over stuff that hasn't happened.

Even before Trump took office there were stories of companies bringing jobs back to the USA.

The minimum wage was never intended to be a living wage. You're going to have to retrain yourself on that topic.

If you are serious about liberties being protected, you would have rightly been terrified during Obama's administration. Trump hasn't given any indication of doing anything to soften our liberties.

@Budwick Oh! Well, then... by all means - discard the mid-west mind set! Carla, you expressing anger and fear over stuff...

My liberties were expanded. Nothing was taken from me. I dont know about what he took from you.

When people work 60 hours a week, they should at least be comfortable.

He has a vp who thinks i should be sent for reprogramming.
He thinks my right to marry whom i choose is misguided.

And bud, your correct, he has not had time to make things happen, as of yet.
But he has indicated that he will do things that go against my core beliefs.
And quite honestly, he lies.
Where are his promised tax returns?
And if takes su h stock in his crowd numbers that he lies about them. Tells a fairy stiry about the rain and sunshine glowing down on him.and instructs his people to do the same, something that unimportant. What else will he lie to us about?
Anyway, it is what it is.
My hopes are that i am wrong.

@ozzyboy There is that pay discrepancy thing but since congress doesn't pay equally, it might not be a big problem.

Well, finally - a potential answer!

Thanks Ozzy - we'll have to see how Trump handles that.

@Budwick Well, finally - a potential answer! Thanks Ozzy - we'll have to see how Trump handles that.

Since he had the first woman foreman on his building site I'm
pretty sure he looks for the best Person for the job. That could be a problem for him but it does speak to his personal mindset. What he will do in that respect for the country remains to be seen.

I'm sure there are many... but to keep it simple, I'll just mention a small one at this time.

The right to be completely topless in open public areas. Guys can go completely topless in a lot of public areas, while women can't legally in a lot of public areas.

And it's not like women can't show their boobs... as we all know cleavage is shown in public and in some cases a lot is shown. But they're not allowed to show all, mainly they're not allowed to show their nipples in public... and even when they are for breast feeding, it's still not as publicly accepted as men being shirtless, despite feeding a baby is more important than almost any reason a guy has for being shirtless. This is a violation of treating people equally.

Accepted vs Censored ... despite both of them being basically the same.

Im not sure..i believe in equal rights..i clean half the toilet,half the dishes,half the bathroom and pay half the bills....And in return, i get half a blow job...WTF!!!!

Come on, people, try to stick to the subject. The question has nothing to do with the president or abortion or pay grades. The question is "What women's rights are being violated?" That is not an invitation to post another rant.

It's mighty strange that women are totally unable to identify what a right is, but they insist theirs are being violated.

Right means straight up, square, correct, the strong arm, a legal privilege. The common meaning to all those things is strength. You have a right to life, but only if you are strong enough to cling to it. You have a right to the space you occupy, but only if you are strong enough to defend it. You have a right to own property, but only if you can guard it from all attackers.

You may obtain the services of a champion to defend your rights, or create a government for that purpose, but of course the champion's loyalty might become a concern, and governments always eventually renege on the contract.

Anonymous