If a celebrity's language like Madonna's offends you, Donald Trump must be your worst nightmare come true. Amirite?

Image for post If a celebrity's language like Madonna's offends you, Donald Trump must be your worst nightmare come true.  Amirite?
People & Celebrities
2 18

Is Madonna the best representative of women's rights you could find? Pussy Hats and Madonna? And you want my respect?Image in content

His supporters have selective hearing.

No. He's not a celebrity from the "liberal-Hollywood", so he has the right of freedom of speech. Madonna apparently can't speak of any issue, because, hey she's a celebrity, and who the hell she thinks she is to speak up about any issue of the country she lives in? Freedom for everybody - but not celebrities, no. They have no right to speak about anything, because as human beings like everyone else in the country, they can't never know a single thing about what is going on and all they say is ill-informed and ignorant and a public stunt. Makes perfect sense.

@Sofia No. He's not a celebrity from the "liberal-Hollywood", so he has the right of freedom of speech. Madonna apparently...

So you defend celebrities who attack ten year old children? What about all that, "children are off limits" rhetoric we have heard about for the past 50 years?

@JustJimColo So you defend celebrities who attack ten year old children? What about all that, "children are off limits" rhetoric...

What I said it's on my comment, clear as it can be. Whatever other assumptions you make of that have nothing to do with what I actually said.

@Sofia What I said it's on my comment, clear as it can be. Whatever other assumptions you make of that have nothing to do...

" Freedom for everybody - but not celebrities, no. They have no right to speak about anything, because as human beings like everyone else in the country, they can't never know a single thing about what is going on and all they say is ill-informed and ignorant and a public stunt"

Your words, not mine.

@JustJimColo " Freedom for everybody - but not celebrities, no. They have no right to speak about anything, because as human...

Yes, my words. My entire comment was sarcasm. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of people who want Free Speech, but think no celebrity can have an opinion on what happens around them or that look down on them for that. Because for some reason, celebrities appear to have no right to speak up without someone saying how arrogant they are to have an opinion like everyone else.

@Sofia Yes, my words. My entire comment was sarcasm. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of people who want Free Speech, but...

Wrong. Nobody argues that celebrities have free speech and nobody wants to take that away from them. When celebrities or anyone else uses that free speech in an irresponsible or malicious manner, including attacking a child, like a number of "celebrities did", others have the right to condemn them.
People, including those with strong public influence need to be held accountable for what they say. Having the right to say something does NOT mean you are exempt from being held accountable for what you say.

@JustJimColo Wrong. Nobody argues that celebrities have free speech and nobody wants to take that away from them. When...

Not wrong. I'm speaking of people who acted and said as such. You didn't see it, okay. Didn't mean it didn't happen.

Nothing, absolutely nothing on my comment says people should not be accountable for what they say or do. I actually stand behind that idea quite firmly.

People assess the kind of character you have by those you associate with. If you want to be associated with Madonna, expect to be associated with Madonna.

She said she wanted to blow up the White House. All that Trump has done is, basically, call people douchebags. It's not the same thing right?

Anonymous