Why does the Christian right support a man like Donald Trump? In your own words please.

Image for post Why does the Christian right support a man like Donald Trump?  In your own words please.
Religion
5 28

It must be tunnel vision.

An average Christian-right, the only thing I can think is, they hated Clinton so much, they'll even accept someone like Trump. Christianity to me is being a good person, caring about people, and if someone honestly thinks Donald Trump is a good person or cares about people (Women, non-Whites, non-Christians included), I will have my doubts on your reading, visual and hearing skills.

Now with the far-right Christians (the religious zealots - which normally are sexist, racist, homophobic, intolerant of other religions and such), they like Trump because he said what they wanted to hear.

That's my view on it.

@Budwick So, you don't actually know what Christianity is, eh?

Yes, I, who grew up in Portugal, an around 81% Christian country, who grew up learning Christianity, in a city with a Church at every 5 to 15 minutes by car, with a Christian mother, who taught Sunday School, going to Church, being in Scouts (which are Christian) for 12 years, being in Sunday School for 7 years and two months, and being in 4 Private Catholic schools (two run by nuns, two runs by priests), having Religion as a mandatory class that taught about various religions, Christianity being the main one... don't know what Christianity is and stands for.
Ahh, I needed that. Thanks.

@Sofia Yes, I, who grew up in Portugal, an around 81% Christian country, who grew up learning Christianity, in a city with...

You are welcome.

What part of the curriculum in all that training told you that Christianity is being a good person, caring about people?

Did they mention God or Jesus at all?

@Budwick You are welcome. What part of the curriculum in all that training told you that Christianity is being a good...

If you don't think what I said fits with being a Christian, then you can go complain to the Priests, Nuns, teachers at Sunday School and pretty much everyone that is a devoted Christian and said so. Or you know, the next testament. I guess they have no clue about Christianity. Also, apparently no one that can read can see for themselves the message that Christianity offers?

Good luck with that.

@Sofia If you don't think what I said fits with being a Christian, then you can go complain to the Priests, Nuns, teachers...

Complain to the priests?

Sofia, I don't believe for a moment that the priests told you or anyone else that Christianity is about being a good person, caring about people.

Christians often are good people and care about people - but that's hardly what makes them Christian. Lots of people are good people and care about people and are as secular as one can be.

But, hey - you are obviously disgruntled over having to justify your understanding of Christianity, so, let's allow you to keep some measure of dignity and let it go at this.

Have a blessed day!

@Budwick Complain to the priests? Sofia, I don't believe for a moment that the priests told you or anyone else that...

You do not speak for me and you certainly do not know when I'm disgruntled, as you just proved. But nice try.

You too :D

@Sofia You do not speak for me and you certainly do not know when I'm disgruntled, as you just proved. But nice try. You...

Of course I don't speak for you. I was 'speaking' to you.

It was the tone of your message that said disgruntled. You can bitch all you want - but those are the words of a disgruntled person.

A gruntled person would have written differently.

Go with God Sofia - but please, go.

@Budwick Of course I don't speak for you. I was 'speaking' to you. It was the tone of your message that said...

You decided what I felt, or the tone of my words, whatever you want to call it, wrote as if it was a fact, and you got it wrong. What it seemed to you, and what it actually was, are actually two different things.

I responded in a sarcastic manner when you nitpicked on something that had no logical reason to be nitpicked on, and then I corrected you when you were wrong about me. But yeah, bitching. I guess so.

And actually, that doesn't make sense. If you don't like this conversation, and you don't want to keep on going, you can go. I'm okay. And nope, still not pissed, in case the tone seems like I am.

Because Trump said he will protect religious freedoms.

even Pagans, Heathens and Atheists could understand the importance of that.

Why shouldn't we? Life is all about choices we have to make. Our choices in the last election were between Trump and Clinton. Although many might think that Trump is not a very strong Christian man, his beliefs are more closely aligned to Christians than Clinton, who many feel has no ties to Christianity at all.

Most that I know (including myself) did not support him. My guy was Ben Carson.

As a Trump voter, not my first choice though, I see his family, his kindnesses to people he doesn't even know and his determination to take care of this nation.
The targeting at the IRS, Benghazi, ignoring the email scandal would not have been ignored under Trump. He is about efficiency, accountability and transparency - that is why he got elected.
We haven't been cared about for a long time.
You are right about not wanting Clinton being a powerful motivator for getting Trump in office. Why would Christians vote for someone who is ok with all abortions at taxpayers expense? She places no value on unborn children and a lot of religions do not agree with that. The pope, who backed her, should be questioned on that issue.

Christianity has been under attack by Liberals. He was the only alternative to more of the same.

@2477805

Actually, the relevant issue here is President Trump's ongoing need to inflate his own popularity. Why does he do this? To stroke his own ego, or to get his supporters to believe they're in the majority?

"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration — period — both in person and around the globe."

• Sean Spicer (White House press secretary)

“I looked out, the field was — it looked like a million, million and a half people.”

• President Trump

"Sean Spicer, our press secretary, gave alternative facts to that (the inaugural attendance)."

• Kellyanne Conway (Counselor to the President)

False. False (I don't think his eyes are the problem). And humorous if it wasn't so f#cked up.

@2478317

Heaping shit on our President is a tradition goes back a couple hundred years. yawn smilie

@2478949

Agreed.

Someone needs to tell people to "wait for it". pce smilie

They've lost their minds.

a christian won't support either trump or Hilary. but trump is better, only because of what he won;t do that hilary would have. I supported ron paul, rand paul, Tom Hoefling, and Ben carson.