Carlas avatar Language
10 35

I need to proof read WITH my glasses.

Mine each have their own words. And i get it

@Carla I need to proof read WITH my glasses. Mine each have their own words. And i get it

Proof reading takes all the fun out of it hehe smilie

I never proof read. I have to be 100 percent perfect act work. They pay well so I do it

When they start paying me here, I will begin

Yes. After 4 kegs, I can most certainly understand them.

Oh my cats do. I do my best to understand what they are saying. Sometimes with the looks they give I may not always be right

@Lil_Princess Oh my cats do. I do my best to understand what they are saying. Sometimes with the looks they give I may not always...

Mine vocalize. Usually its about attention or food. My old one howls, long and mournful. I am pretty sure its from disorientation. When i call to him he stops and finds me

@Carla Mine vocalize. Usually its about attention or food. My old one howls, long and mournful. I am pretty sure its from...

Mine do a cute little chirp when they want attention or run between my feet. Last month I looked like someone beat the tar out of me because I fell & was black & blue forever.

My cats are like "Whoinell are you? Just dump the food and get lost, ok?" I have had the big male for almost three years and he is only now starting to let me pick him up, but he still doesn't understand why.

@SmartAZ My cats are like "Whoinell are you? Just dump the food and get lost, ok?" I have had the big male for almost three...

Cats aren't so lovable as a doggie, I always wonder why people bother with the selfish little cats. My pup is so sweet she steals something of mine, she leaves me one of her toys.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Cats aren't so lovable as a doggie, I always wonder why people bother with the selfish little cats. My pup is so...

It's because a dog won't leave you alone, and it only takes one dog pooping to stink up one whole yard. A friendly cat is a lot easier to take care of than a friendly dog. An unfriendly dog can't be tolerated at all.

Well, my dog certainly makes herself understood! She doesn't give up until I respond properly. (I'm well trained!)

Of course they talk to you, they just don't use words. Those eyes, the body language, the low growl tell me I'd better move over to the dog bin and get busy making her meal. The deep sigh tells me that she really appreciates me.

Yes and yes. My cat, Bailey (early 1999-20 November 2012) was an angel and still is. She would come up to comfort me when I was down and even told me that I was going to be okay when I injured my right ankle. In the latter case, she circled the bed, purring and meowing loudly, also rubbing against and licking me. She licked my tears! My two new cats, Lucy and Fred (1 and 7 April 2015) are there for each other and have less time to socialise with humans other than mainly wake-up calls, food requests, playtime, and outside time. On occasions they love staring contests and kissing the screen when they see me during video calls! Fred also likes to come up and sleep with me, whilst Lucy is the more aloof of the pair, having only slept with me once.

My experience with horses changed my life. My friend's unmarked Appaloosa, Brett (early May 1997), was perhaps my best teacher. He was a truthful being (hence "straight from the horse's mouth") and saw with his heart the areas I needed improvement in. He taught me how to be a better leader and have an open mind. I can't thank him enough!

Yes, they say.... pet me.... don't go.... rub me here..... no here.... yes that's the spot ;p

@Zolfie Yes, they say.... pet me.... don't go.... rub me here..... no here.... yes that's the spot ;p

I get the, dont go.
As i am putting on my shoes. They know, if thbe shoes go on, i go out...

All our pups talk to us in their own special way. Taz is a Husky, she whimpers, whines and howls when Momma comes home - all excited. In the evening, after dinner, she'll come to me, shift her weight right and left then stomp both front feet with a crisp, playful bark. That means 'after dinner cookie please'. A little later, she'll prance back and forth like s show pony with low grumbles. That translates to "Come on dad, let's go outside, I would like for you towatch me take a dump!"

Toby is the youngest and maybe the brightest. He's trying hard to move up in the pecking order. He's a stitch to watch sometimes. He's always bitching about how someone has a bone and he doesn't, or how Taz won't let him on the bed. So, he'll sit at Momma's feet usually and bark. It's crystal clear that he's complaining even with out words.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Budwick - Smart doggie there must be so cute? What type of dogs have you got?

Toby does seem pretty smart. He learns fast and is eager to please. He is some kind of Border Collie mix. He was injured on the back end somehow early in life and has trouble maneuvering without pain. Nothing wrong with his personality though.

Taz is the Husky. I know I biased, but she is perhaps the most beautiful dog I've ever met in person. We adopted her after she was rescued from an abusive home. I understand Husky's can be pretty independent anyway, it's taken a while for us to break through and gain her trust. Since then, she has become very social and interactive. Momma was always her special person - it makes my heart melt when I watch Momma giving Taz special attention. Taz is pretty smart too, a lot of water went over the dam before we got to a point to do in depth training. As Taz came out of her shell, she became more vocal and demonstrative. She makes me laugh out loud when she pounces her front feet and uses her inside howl to demand attention.

Buddy is a mix of .... brown dogs. Looks like some Boxer, Mastiff, American Stafford Terrier? Lots of people mistake him for a Pit - we needed to know for insurance purposes and he's not a Pit. [So unfair what bad press has done for that breed. It's the bad owners that need to be dealt with - the dogs are fine.] I took Buddy to classes, basic classes when we first got him. He's a big powerful dog, we needed the assurance of some training. He did well, loves to please Mom and I. Everyone that visits just LOVES Buddy. I wouldn't say he's breaking the IQ meter, but I really love that mutt.

@Budwick Toby does seem pretty smart. He learns fast and is eager to please. He is some kind of Border Collie mix. He...

I dig the way you speak of your dogs, bud.

What a grand thing, to rescue troubled animals.

They KNOW.
And pits? You are on the money. I have only known one mean pitbull, and it was no fault of his own.

@Carla I dig the way you speak of your dogs, bud. What a grand thing, to rescue troubled animals. They KNOW. And pits?...

Carla, of all the political opponents I face and have some disagreement with - I admire and respect you the absolute most. We have our disagreements, but you are honest and straightforward - those are characteristics I like about dogs too.

In a better world, we could meet at the dog park one day, let our pups play while we discuss stuff over coffee.

To you my friend, I offer the greatest gift one can offer online - respect.

@Budwick Carla, of all the political opponents I face and have some disagreement with - I admire and respect you the...

Thank you bud.
I too, respect your opinions.

Thats why i came on this site to begin with. To dicuss ideologies and understand why people believe they way they do.

But, we would just have to have the coffee. The dogs i have now are little. One only weighs five pounds. He has small dog syndrome(thinks hes a BIG dog) and thinks he owns me.

But, i miss my big girls. So i would play with you dogs for hours.

@Carla Thank you bud. I too, respect your opinions. Thats why i came on this site to begin with. To dicuss ideologies...

My kids will love you. I understand about about your little ones. I don't know if we could ever shift gears and go smaller breeds as Momma and I age. In between I would worry about the little guys getting trampled or something.

An aside - one of Buddy's best pals is a Pomeranian who often walks on our schedule. Her name is Lulu and she adores Buddy who is very gentle with her. Buddy will wrestle and play rougher with bigger dogs - but he seems to know that little Lulu couldn't hang. I'm not suggesting that I would allow him to play with Lulu without close supervision - the size difference simply doesn't have room for error.

My office manager has Poms too. She brings them to the office some times. Cute little buggers and my, oh, my - with a-ti-tude! Small dog syndrome that you mentioned I bet.

Have a great day Carla. Thanks for this warm exchange.

My buggies can't make a sound...but they convey everything with looks...ha...so precious.Image in content

I told her not to bark so she necver will, but she fusses a lot if the toy won't squeck she does, if rge kong is empty she whins. I love my puppy, I wish she could learn different sounds for different needs.

Animals definitely communicate in many, many ways both subtle and obvious

Anonymous