VicZincs avatar Science
2 19

I'm not a fan of resisting science for no reason. There has been a lot of resistance to just about everything, vaccines, GMOS, synthetic pesticides, evolution, and the heliocentric model.

Yes, sometimes our fears are warranted like in the case of DDT. Now, if somebody could explain succinctly and elegantly why I should be afraid, I would change my mind.

vegans avatar vegan Disagree +2Reply
@vegan I'm not a fan of resisting science for no reason. There has been a lot of resistance to just about everything...

One good reason is that science is broken. They think science is anything they say it is, and pursuit of knowledge justifies anything they do, even when they don't know what they are doing. We should sometimes resist science for the same reason we resist letting children play with matches.

Yes vic. I read the whole article. Im not certain what reprocussions are
I am not a science type, so dont know how to respond.
They mentioned the advancement of medical research.
Just not sure

@2478726

I was thinking of the things that scare me the most.

Very few things concerns or occupy my mind

except these big three:

1) The unknown threats that will result from genetic engineering of new life forms
2) People who think political power is a ticket to imposing their personal moral agenda on free people
3) People who don't think human activity can have global consequences

Bad idea. no smilie

I called and found that it was one Obama's pet projects - you know make a super bug, kill two thirds of the world population and be ruler of the world. But they didn't finish in time.

[Of course it's not true - but there needed to be equal time bashing Obama since Vic took a wild swing at trump for no reason. Too bad too - an other wise interesting story.]

@VicZinc Not at Trump. At his choices. Mot much swamp drainage there.

were you thinking someone more like Anwar al-Awlaki for CIA?

@Budwick were you thinking someone more like Anwar al-Awlaki for CIA?

Pompeo is just another highly connected political insider. He is a not a drain, he is another bucket of swamp water.

@2478731

I am waiting and watching.

This must not be very scary then, since Trump's cabinet picks are not scary and Global warming has been proven to be a hoax. This scientific breakthrough probably has a lot of future applications which will be extremely beneficial to mankind, e.g. eliminate world hunger by producing enough food to feed everybody, everywhere.

@VicZinc Feed everyone? What are you a commie?

No, I am the exact opposite of a commie. My post was intentionally sarcastic. I believe in the maximum of individual personal liberty, but since I am also a scientist, I am always interested in the latest scientific breakthroughs and newest technologies. But I am also sure that poverty and hunger will never be eliminated.

Anonymous