+5

What do You Know? Obama Didn't Become a Dictator

He didn't take away guns, he didn't end free speech, no martial law, no death panels and he signed the fewest executive orders in 120 years. Could it possibly be conservatives were wrong?
Trump has already made it tougher to buy a home and had his press secretary lie through his teeth. A stellar first day.
Can't you just feel it? It's getting greater already.

urwutuiss avatar Jokes & Humour
3 44

You're right, Obama wasn't a dictator. All those fears and lies the conservatives were so afraid of, failed to come true. But with President Trump, we will soon see a dictator. We now have a paranoid president who is still telling lies about the election. Geez, he needs to grow up.

@StarzAbove You're right, Obama wasn't a dictator. All those fears and lies the conservatives were so afraid of, failed to...

I hear that. I wasn't too concerned until I heard Kellyann Conway's "alternative facts" interview where she threatened the press when she didn't like the questions

@urwutuis I hear that. I wasn't too concerned until I heard Kellyann Conway's "alternative facts" interview where she...

That's what they do. If the Trump people don't like what is said, they threaten. Of course those orders come from the Orange One.

@2478786

It isn't really about Obama it's about bullshit.
Obama's a dick. He talks a good game but when it comes down to it he's a puppet for the banks and Wall St. For a minute or two I thought Trump might do something after he kicked the Koch bros. out of his rally but recent rhetoric & events make me think it was more for show than anything else.
I will say this: If Trump starts banning members of the press, which I think is very likely, we're all in trouble.
It's scary when I hear the term "alternative facts"

@2480653

Making the news like repeating what he said?
Th inauguration crowd wasn't an issue until he started running off at the mouth. He even lied about the damn weather. WTF?
You have to admit that's pretty sketchy.
What's next? Is he going to tell us he learned to drive when he was three and the first time he played golf he got 13 hole in ones like Kim Jong-un?

Now he wants to launch a 5 year investigation into his millions of illegals voting fantasy because he can't handle losing the popular vote. I would think there were bigger fish to fry.

@2480805

I never said Obama didn't lie. But the weather?
They say Clinton lied 27% of the time. Bernie Sanders (Mr Honesty) was 28%. Trump was 71%.
He had his press secretary lie his very first time out.

He worries and lies about stupid shit and he can't let it go like the size of the crowd and his fantasy about millions of illegals voting so he didn't win the popular vote. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so scary.
His inauguration day as
"The National Day of Patriotic Devotion"?
That doesn't give you pause?

He's already tried to violate the constitution with his wall EO because he thinks signing an EO is all there is to it. He actually banned Muslim immigration so now every Muslim American kid is that much more open to radicalization and passed DAPL so fuck Native Americans. We'll just take their land and poison the water. And he wants to bring back torture making it more likely our captured soldiers will be tortured..
His EO about TPP is bullshit. It was already dead but you know he'll take credit for it.

When the president speaks the world listens. The words he uses are crucial. Tweeting whatever strikes his fancy isn't only stupid it's dangerous.

Are you telling me none of this stuff sends up a flag?

@2481515

Seriously? You don't see any problem here?
Obviously, you can't defend his actions but are you blind to them?

@2481800

So you see no problem with a president having a distorted view of reality who is willing to exploit his position for personal gain and waste tax dollars on stupid things like building a wall we don't need that Mexico will never pay for or the millions more he's going to blow on his illegals voting fantasy and doesn't have a clue as to what the president's job actually is.

Yeah you're right. It's not important. it's just the fate of the world in the hands of a nut job. What could possibly go wrong?

@2482329

Faults yes. The same? Not even close. I wasn't thrilled with Obama and just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. He didn't spend a week lying about the size of the crowd, whining about the popular vote and getting his policy from FOX while believe idiotic things like 3 million illegals voting because his ego was bruised.
Trump has the emotional maturity of a 14 year old girl and the stability and self control of a grease fire.

@2482504

No I don't like Trump. I didn't like Obama, Bush and I especially didn't like Clinton. It seems to me that anyone with the character and ability to actually run this country would never submit themselves to the glad handing, back slapping and vote begging necessary to be elected.
The difference is Trump is a lot more dangerous e's emotionally immature, temperamentally unstable and he has the dictator kit Obama left behind.
But you never know. He may pull it off but I have some serious doubts. Everything he's done so far smacks of authoritarianism and he has the tools to make it happen.

@2483117

What?
Those aren't the countries that sponsor terrorism Egypt and the Saudis are the worst and we keep giving the Saudis everything they need to bomb the shit out of Yemen.
We're bombing most of those blocked countries creating the refugees he wants to ban. So he creates more people that hate us.
He puts all Muslim Americans in a state of fear and at greater risk of violence and discrimination essentially segregating Muslims making them more open to radicalization.
That's how you make it safe?
That's not only insane it's far more barbaric than anything ISIS ever dreamed of doing. You think having half your body blown away by a bomb is less brutal than having your head cut off?
You want to fight terrorism? Stop participating in it. Stop giving weapons to Israel and Egypt and the Suadis.

Giving the man a chance?
He brought to the administration 7 of the exact same people who caused the crash of 2008 and pocketed the bail out money.
If that's not a hint and a half what does it take?
His labor secretary is anti-labor his EPA head thinks AGW is a hoax. His education sec wants public money for private schools. His energy sec wants pipelines and they think they'll bring back coal. This is more insanity. We're moving backward while the rest of the world is passing us by. Regulations didn't kill coal and wind energy is now cheaper than any FF with solar close behind. Putting effort into FF is stupid.We need to invest in the future.
Don't you ever get tired of the massive death and destruction so you can "feel" safe. The US is responsible for more acts of terrorism than anyone else on the planet by a very wide margin yet you still .have a better chance of being struck by lightning or crushed by your furniture than being killed by a terrorist

He didn't get our guns - but not for lack of trying.

He and the left stifled free speech for all eight years. The lefts biggest bitch about Trump is about something he said, in private, 30 years ago!

ACA doesn't have a committee called Death Panels, instead they called it the “Independent Payment Advisory Board”. It was designed to shield elected officials from damage as they rationed medical services.

Obama may not have broken records with the number of executive orders, but many were outrageous, illegal and over reaching.

And somehow has served up Kool-Aid to his minions that cause them to develop selective memory and accept double standards.

@Budwick He didn't get our guns - but not for lack of trying. He and the left stifled free speech for all eight years. The...

That's not my biggest bitch about Trump. It's not even one of them but it's not about Obama or Trump. It's about bullshit and I know Obama was full of it too.
So we should put the life or death decision back in the hands of insurance companies? The only solution to health care is single payer but healthy people would cut into GDP.
As bad as ACA is they just passed a bill banning the buying of drugs from Canada citing "health" concerns. The Canadian meds are made by the same US company that makes US meds they're just ten to several hundred times cheaper in Canada.
Peace and health are not profitable. Obama was the first president to be at war every single day of his entire term in office but what's even scarier than that is the term "alternative facts"

@urwutuis That's not my biggest bitch about Trump. It's not even one of them but it's not about Obama or Trump. It's about...

The way around the insurance company issue is to ensure open competition. How long before Company X is exposed for being a dick to customers if Companies A - S are in direct competition, advertising, explaining to customers and prospects how they are better?

Single payer is the absolute worst possibility - one size fits all, no choices, take or leave it - in fact, you can't leave it! And, there's no where else to go.

Look at the crappy care the VA provides - to our military heroes! It got even worse after Obama 'fixed it'.

@Budwick The way around the insurance company issue is to ensure open competition. How long before Company X is exposed for...

"Competition" is what we had.before ACA.
Single payer doesn't mean single doctor and you can always buy additional care. It doesn't exclude private practice and it cuts cost in a major way.
We pay twice as much for no better results than countries with universal health care. It's far more efficient than private care.
The VA here is top notch and provides excellent care. It can be done and the fact that we get no better results for twice the price is major hint.

@urwutuis "Competition" is what we had.before ACA. Single payer doesn't mean single doctor and you can always buy additional...

We had very limited (regulated) competition. Couldn't even sell across state lines! Limited competition means limited benefit.

Urwut, we saw with ACA lots of doctors and hospitals just quitting! No longer available. Every plan has service providers 'in the network'. We found that number diminish under ACA. I can PAY additional care? I suppose - if I had any money left after paying for the initial coverage.

Maybe there cases where costs are cut, but the majority of insureds experienced wild increases in premiums and deductibles. ACA is NOT affordable.

Your experience with the VA is far different than the experience of many others complaining of long waits (like months) just to get an appointment, and inadequate care once there. It's good to know that the VA is working well at least in your community.

Everything government does is inefficient - everything. The burgeoning bureaucracy costs more, moves slower and invites corruption.

And then there's the sticky wicket that government has no business in our health care!

@Budwick We had very limited (regulated) competition. Couldn't even sell across state lines! Limited competition means...

With single payer you wouldn't have initial coverage payment and it drastically reduces cost by reducing administration cost and duplicate equipment.
You're paying for care not emergency room visits, insurance companies and all the other middle men.

Everything the govt does is not inefficient or at least no less efficient than corporations and there are things that shouldn't be in corporate hands. Public health being one of them.
With socialized or single payer we wouldn't be paying $400 for a $50 epi-pen or have a piece of shit like Shkreli or whatever his name is gouging the public.

@Budwick Yeah, that's why the government pays $500 for a hammer.

Medicare works. It would just be medicare for everyone and it would save billions in paperwork alone.

@urwutuis Medicare works. It would just be medicare for everyone and it would save billions in paperwork alone.

I'm on Medicare. It's not 'free' you know. I pay every quarter for it. And then there's part B and C and donut holes. Not all doctors accept it. And try to get a question answered! Holy crap - there are stupid, unmotivated people running that joint.

@urwutuis Yet you don't get private ins. Where would you be without it?

I'm not allowed to get private insurance. One of the bonuses with government insurance!

@urwutuis So why not dump medicare?

And be totally uninsured? Then I would not only be uninsured, but a target for federal arrest.

God Bless Obamacare! [not]

@Budwick And be totally uninsured? Then I would not only be uninsured, but a target for federal arrest. God Bless...

Penalty for uninsured is a fine not arrest and, again, where would you be without it?
Obamacare sucks, at least in part, because the single payer option was cut out and repeal is just another tax cut for the 1%.

Without medicare you'd be uninsured so it does something. It's not perfect but it beats the alternative, no?

@urwutuis Penalty for uninsured is a fine not arrest and, again, where would you be without it? Obamacare sucks, at least in...

It's not better than the plan I was on before Obamacare and being forced onto Medicare. For me, it happened simultaneously.

I liked my plan, I could not keep it.
I liked my doctor, I could not keep him.
Premiums are way higher.
I'll never meet the deductible unless I get a heart transplant each year. So, I end up paying for everything PLUS the insurance.

No, it's not better than the alternative.

@Budwick It's not better than the plan I was on before Obamacare and being forced onto Medicare. For me, it happened...

Sorry to hear that. I don't understand that BS at all.
It makes no sense.
I still think single payer is the way to go. My premiums and deductible have always been through the roof

@urwutuis Sorry to hear that. I don't understand that BS at all. It makes no sense. I still think single payer is the way to...

Expense is certainly a consideration. The quality of care is too.

Medicare is as close to single payer as it gets. My experience has been that because of limited coverage, the cost isn't really lower. And, since the only way providers can stand a chance of making money is to limit the amount of attention any single patient gets.

I'm telling you Urwut - it really blows.

@Budwick Expense is certainly a consideration. The quality of care is too. Medicare is as close to single payer as it...

If it's that bad and you still use it it's obvious that private ins. is too expensive so where would you be without it?

@urwutuis If it's that bad and you still use it it's obvious that private ins. is too expensive so where would you be without it?

Urwut - maybe you know less about all this than you think.

I'm not ALLOWED to use private insurance once qualified for Medicare. Again, government has limited my choices to one - that's not a choice.

If I didn't have Medicare, I would be in violation of the law and subject to a fine.

It ain't utopia Urwut - it sucks.

@Budwick Urwut - maybe you know less about all this than you think. I'm not ALLOWED to use private insurance once qualified...

I hear that and you're right. I wasn't aware that once you qualify for medicare you couldn't get out of it. You're right about something else too. That sucks.

Anonymous