+10

If I was a bird, I'd be heading south every February. Whether I was migratory or not; it's almost February and winter is getting tiresome...

Image for post **If I was a bird, I'd be heading south every February.** //Whether I was migratory or not; it's almost February and winter is getting tiresome...//
Sukiesnows avatar Travel
6 14

Oh sukie, you are in my head.
Even though we are at the end of a january thaw, we havent seen the sun in....i cant remember when.
Feb. 1st, im at the tanning bed. Every year. Even those 20 little minutes warms my bones and lifts my spirits.
The south calls me, and each year it gets louder

@Carla Oh sukie, you are in my head. Even though we are at the end of a january thaw, we havent seen the sun in....i cant...

I'm guessing then that you don't want to hear how much time I've spent in shorts and tee.
I live 10 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.

@beachbum I'm guessing then that you don't want to hear how much time I've spent in shorts and tee. I live 10 miles from...

Ahh, the sand and sun. A fishing pole in a warm sound. A flounder grabbing my bait as it glides by.
Floating on the rolling surf letting it rock me into a calm stuper.

Beach, dont need to hear about it, its burned into my memory

I luv tanning beds! And just 20 min gives a bit of a blush...catch a bit of real sun by accident and you get a rosy glow... It really does give a lift, Carla.

When I told people I did that, they thought I was wacko... imagine... wasting money that way...ha ha...

If I was a bird up north, I wouldn't wait until February.

@beachbum If I was a bird up north, I wouldn't wait until February.

The fall is terrific...and then you want to hang around for family at Christmas...so by the time you've headed out it is pretty much Feb. So you can catch a rental from Feb - April or May.

@Sukiesnow Sometimes April and May are the cruelest months.

Often times, march is a tease. Aoril is a monster and may is a broken promise

April is definitely spring, but sometimes May can already be unbearably hot. I remember one time helping at a charity golf tourny, and it was so hot the country club ran out of water, but not beer, and that was mid-May.

@beachbum April is definitely spring, but sometimes May can already be unbearably hot. I remember one time helping at a...

Ran out of water but not beer? hehe smilie

That was also partly to let ppl know I actually do read comments...and I found that funny...ha ha...