facemans avatar
2 11

I thought this was an empty campaign promise. I'm actually a little (pleasantly) surprised. This guy's on a roll.

I actually think he will build a wall. Still a silly costly idea, tho.

@Sukiesnow I actually think he will build a wall. Still a silly costly idea, tho.

They're guestimating it to cost around $20B - but he claims he'll force Mexico to eventually pay for it. So far, he's making good on his claims (except for prosecuting Hillary).

I wonder what $20B looks like in pesos?

@faceman They're guestimating it to cost around $20B - but he claims he'll force Mexico to eventually pay for it. So far...

Ha... Informative and entertaining.

Where were you when I was looking for a mate?

Of course...I'm always looking... But there are limits...ha....

@2480076

"A nation without borders, is not a nation".
Exactly!

The wall won't just benefit the US, it will benefit Mexico too. Lax border security has created an enormous drug economy in Mexico that's been making the place unsafe, and there's little the Mexican government can do about it because the problem originates on the US side. If Trump's new border security measures put the kibosh on the flow of drugs from Mexico, it will do a lot to improve public safety there. When Mexico is safe again, it will become a tourist mecca for Americans again, which will be very good for their economy. If I was president of Mexico, I'd look at the border wall as a gift from God, and I'd happily share in the cost if not pay for it outright. It's the best investment they could ever make for the future of their country.

@Maze The wall won't just benefit the US, it will benefit Mexico too. Lax border security has created an enormous drug...

I suppose that's all true - it makes logical sense anyways - but I don't really care if it's good for Mexico if I'm to be brutally honest. My main concern has been for all of our communities along the border. I know they've had a difficult time with lax borders all these years.

I'm actually going to be in Mexico in a few weeks... ugh.