+19

You remember something quicker if it has a strong feeling attached to the memory.

Sofias avatar Life
10 16

That's very true.

I remember things about my pets....since there is/was such a strong feeling of attachment....

For sure.

Very true, Sofia!

Mogals avatar Mogal Agree +2Reply

When i was 4, i had gotten a shot for something, maybe polio vaccination. I waz given the syringe, sans the needle. I was outside with a cup of water and my syringe saquirting happily.

My water ran out. So i went running down the driveway to go fill my cup.

My mother was in the yard, tending her grapevines and i turned as i was running to yell something to her....and bam! Ran straight into the rambler. Cracked open my head good.

Mom a ran to me, ran to the house and got a cloth, threw me into the car, and off went to the hospital. 6 stiches and a permanant scar in my eyebrow.

Made at least a yearly trip to the hospital every year, at least once till i wax 15 following that.

I have many scars and many mended bones.

I'll never forget the time i was eating a grilled cheese sandwich...cut diagonally with the crust cut off.....and dropped a skillet on my foot..

@Sofia What a specific and interesting event. Is your foot still alive?

My foot is okay thanks...
I guess some feelings can make you remember specific things..

@DandyDon My foot is okay thanks... I guess some feelings can make you remember specific things..

Yeah... like the time I went butt down the marble damned stairs in my house... Pretty sure that will always stay there in the back of my mind and how much it hurt.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +2Reply

That is because emotions and memory are inextricably linked.

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +1Reply

Yes . pain retains my friend... Keep pushin

Anonymous