Mcflys avatar Politics
2 11

Wow, I hope that's not a precursor of what's to come. But I wouldn't be surprised.

There is people that voted for Trump that are indeed assholes, period. This guy's actions doesn't define the entirety of people that voted for Trump, period. There's assholes everywhere. Just like Christopher von Keyserling. Seriously, google him. That one is a priceless.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +3Reply
@2482194

OK I took your words and looked it up cause the story didn't tell me enough. This is what the original poster should have given in the explained section
reportedly attacked a Muslim employee on Wednesday night at John F. Kennedy Airport.

Officials say that Robin Rhodes, 57, of Worchester, was in the Delta Sky Lounge in Terminal 2 when he began threatening Delta employee Rabeeya Khan.

Khan, who was wearing a hijab, was sitting in her office in the lounge when Rhodes came to her door and stated, "Are you (expletive) sleeping? Are you praying? What are you doing?

@2482194

The rhetoric is enabling

How could he tell it was a muslim just by looking? Trump isn't telling anyone to fight, that will be left to officials not individuals.

"Trump won!! YAY ITS OK TO BE RACIST ASSHOLES!! -lights torches-"

The story doesn't add up. What set him off? Seeing a Muslim? Possible I guess, but that seems unlikely to inspire that level of emotion. His actions were those of someone who was frustrated, angry, offended. I'm not defending his behavior, what he said and did was clearly wrong, but I don't think we're getting a complete picture of what happened either.

If I was to hazard a guess based on the info in the article, I'd say he believed she was ignoring him, probably perceived it as someone lording their power over him, turning the role of a servant into that of a master and using it to abuse him, presumably because he's not Muslim. That kind of vibe. But it's just a guess.

@Maze The story doesn't add up. What set him off? Seeing a Muslim? Possible I guess, but that seems unlikely to inspire...

A man was attacked by someone who thought he was Muslim.

Simple stuff, really. Just because it doesn't make your side look holy, doesn't mean that a man wasn't attacked for being thought of as Muslim.

What happened happened lol.

@Mcfly A man was attacked by someone who thought he was Muslim. Simple stuff, really. Just because it doesn't make your...

Actually, if you read the story you posted, a woman was attacked by someone who thought she was a Muslim.

But why her? Was she the first Muslim that guy had encountered? Seems unlikely. My sense is there's more to the story than we're being told.

I don't see either of those people as being on "my side", I'm just commenting on the story.