Sukiesnows avatar Travel
9 27

If you mean a paper map, no...don't remember the last time i had one..

I can zoom in in out on my GPS screen and scroll the map, that's all i need..

@2482120

As long as you get to where you need to be, that's what counts smile smilie

I go to too many places that there is no reception so I have to have a map with me at all times. Try to find your way out of the Dismal Swamp with no one telling you which way to go!confused smilie

@ozzyboy I go to too many places that there is no reception so I have to have a map with me at all times. Try to find your...

Man, did they ever get that name right... the dismal swamp (at least in winter time) is SCARY! ...

All the trees look dead (even if they aren't)... and the only signs of life are squirrels and snakes (which outnumber the squirrels). Maybe fish if you go fishing (if you're allowed to go fishing there).

But never in my life have I felt like I was surrounded by snakes like the dismal swamp, as they're in the trees which are on both sides of you and since the trees look dead with no leaves, you can see them... and some places it gets tight and the trees grow over your head and so the snakes are over your head, and once in a while, a snake will slip and drop into the water... and one snake even dropped into our boat... I sort of hate the dismal swamp...

Though it's GREAT for the surreal look for scary photography.... especially when you get low level dark clouds... as in the open lake part... they'll reflect perfectly on the dark water and if not for the trees, you couldn't tell which way is up and which way is down in the pictures... almost looks like you're in the sky with trees. Kinda cool... at least in the everything looks dead sort of way.

I drive too fast those. I use aviation maps.

facemans avatar faceman Disagree +3Reply
@faceman I drive too fast those. I use aviation maps.

That made me laugh so hard... What do they say...LMAO?

@Sukiesnow That made me laugh so hard... What do they say...LMAO?

Yeah, that's what all the kids say these days. (communist kids that is).

facemans avatar faceman Disagree +2Reply
@faceman Yeah, that's what all the kids say these days. (communist kids that...

LOL

Some even add falling on the floor and rolling around...or something...hard as that is to conceive...

Shouldn't your pic be Kim Jong Un?

@faceman LSHMSFOAIDMT

LoL... Stop it. Now you're really making me laugh...

@faceman LSHMSFOAIDMT

I just heard that they are closing down a GM plant near me...and they are transferring it to Mexico...it has to do with the making of a Chevy Equinox.

Apparently our workers get paid about 15 bucks per hour and in Mexico they would be paid 10 bucks per hour.

Do you think this is post worthy, FM?

Nope, never look at a map anymore.

@StarzAbove Nope, never look at a map anymore.

How about if you were going to LA or NY? What I mean is a long distance into a foreign area...

@Sukiesnow How about if you were going to LA or NY? What I mean is a long distance into a foreign area...

I would use GPS, I never look at a map, sometimes my husband does, but I never do.

Oh I get lost with GPS... But then again I get lost with a map too hehe smilie

I rely on my GPS maps but I never totally rely on the path that it provides me... that aspect isn't always perfect.

GPS sometimes refuses to suggest certain ways at times. I know one great back roads path, that the GPS will tell you to go to a different road every time avoiding it for some reason.

I have tons of maps in my car because I'm always traveling. I find sitting around in a cold ny suburb boring as fuck and love to go to any other region at all.

I like to see the overhead route because sometimes my gps loves local roads toooooo much

I dunno. I never glanced at a GPS.

The GPS does not always give the best direction. It has been incorrect.

Anonymous