+2

Being LGBT, Muslim, Black, Mexican, Female, or confused should not give you special rights over the rest.

The scourge of political correctness is threatening our existence as free people.

JerryHendricksons avatar Law
3 85

Not special rights, but the same rights

@Carla Not special rights, but the same rights

You've had equal rights for at least 30 years.
They want rights above and beyond mine.

@TomboyJanet like....?

Not you personally but the right to welfare, the right to preferential treatment in job consideration, the right to have riots and destroy property, the right to chop people's heads off, the right to cross the border illegally, the right to kill unborn children because the man who made the baby doesn't matter until it's time for that child support payment.
You wouldn't ever understand unless you grew up an underprivileged white male, which none of you are even willing to recognize exists.

@Carla You dont know me.....

True, but that doesn't change the statement you're responding to Captain Obvious.

@JerryHendrickson True, but that doesn't change the statement you're responding to Captain Obvious.

I havent had equal rights for 30 years.
I only kust recently gained thecright to marry.
I fought thru discrimination most of my adult life.

When you have been refused a home becausevof who you are, then you can discuss how your white maleness is descriminated against

@2485254

You could have fooled me.

Freedom from being fired or not served because of your race gender etc is not a special right. If everyone descrimiated against the same group that group would become 100 percent dependant on others just to eat sleep and get money at all.

@TomboyJanet Freedom from being fired or not served because of your race gender etc is not a special right. If everyone...

I actually agree with your entire comment.
I don't like discrimination; the same goes for reverse discrimination, which seems to be completely acceptable.

@JerryHendrickson I actually agree with your entire comment. I don't like discrimination; the same goes for reverse discrimination...

I agree Jerry. All discrimination is bad. But calling it "reverse discrimination" is part of the problem. We are saying that it is somehow the opposite of discrimination, and thus is not. It gives the wrong idea. Why does "reverse discrimination" get its own category when it is just PLAIN discrimination

@TomboyJanet I agree Jerry. All discrimination is bad. But calling it "reverse discrimination" is part of the problem. We are...

It gets it's own category because so many people refuse to accept it's existence or think of it as some kind of perverted justice.

@2485700

I was thinking about that Platinum. We are not all equal. We are all unique. A person born with an IQ of 70 is not equal to a person born with an IQ of 180. A person born with great athletic ability and the genetics that go with it is not equal to someone who has zero athletic ability. A person who was born with great looks is not equal to someone who was born ugly. The analogies can go on and on.
When I hear the term equality, I think it means all people should be given an equal chance to compete for jobs, schools etc, with others based on their skills and abilities. Men and women are not generally equal physically. (There are exceptions) If a woman can physically compete with a man, and is more qualified than a man who applies, she should get it, but she should get the job because of her ability, not her sex. Others should not have to pick up the slack of a weak employee)

@2485276

Of course not.

I don't think they are asking for special rights. I think they need their own recognition.

Remember they have gone without rights for years. It will take time to balance out.

And it's not "confused" Jer. It's "Questioning"...

@Sukiesnow I don't think they are asking for special rights. I think they need their own recognition. Remember they have gone...

Why their "own recognition?" If it is about equal rights why do I have to even know about their sexuality, gender, or anything that makes anyone stand out. Being treated with dignity doesn't demand special recognition and that would be true equality.

@ozzyboy Why their "own recognition?" If it is about equal rights why do I have to even know about their sexuality, gender...

Perhaps their definition of dignity is different than yours.

Special recognition just means it's different to you.

@Sukiesnow Perhaps their definition of dignity is different than yours. Special recognition just means it's different to you.

That's the problem. It is not about equal rights or recognition, it's about "special recognition." There is nothing special about any of this nonsense. Just live with dignity and honor and leave everyone else alone.

@ozzyboy That's the problem. It is not about equal rights or recognition, it's about "special recognition." There is...

Eventually it will be so commonplace it won't be special. Just like any other individual.

Is that better?

Isn’t it ironic?
Isn’t it ironic that some minorities claim they want the same rights, not special rights, while they enjoy affirmative action which demands they be hired, even if they are not as qualified as someone else? Minorities can get into colleges with lower scores. There are even minority only scholarships. (Pick the “protected class” of your choice and they qualify)
Isn’t it ironic that those who are so against “majority rules”, are protesting saying that Hillary should be president because she got the majority of the popular vote, but lost the Electoral College vote? I guess the majority trumps the minority when it’s a convenient argument.
Isn’t it ironic that minorities (pick your favorite protected class) who claim discrimination in the job place, can, and do, sue if they are fired or not hired? It doesn’t matter if they are unqualified or their performance was substandard. The threat alone of a law suit generally grants them the job. (It’s somewhat ironic that a business owner doesn’t even have the right to employ who they want, unless that business owner is a minority. He or she is not required to hire a “majority”.)
Isn’t it ironic that though 10 percent of the U.S. civilian labor force, African-Americans are 18 percent of U.S. government workers. They are 25 percent of the employees at Treasury and Veterans Affairs, 31 percent of the State Department, 37 percent of Department of Education employees and 38 percent of Housing and Urban Development. They are 42 percent of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp., 55 percent of the employees at the Government Printing Office and 82 percent at the Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency. (Why don’t we hear about this? I guess it’s not politically correct to give numbers that don't fit the agenda.)
Isn’t it ironic that illegals from another country can get in-state tuition at colleges in some states, along with tuition assistance and special scholarships, at taxpayer expense? A kid from Oklahoma who wants to go to college in Wyoming doesn’t get these special “rights”. In fact, the illegal is in fact, a criminal violating Federal law by even being here. Try to get into a college if you are not a minority and have a criminal record.
When you look at all the special protected classes in this country, the only one who is not protected in some way is a straight, white, Christian male who doesn’t have a criminal record. (I know, all the bad things that have happened to one minority or another is somehow, my fault.)
Now that I have posted my thoughts, I’m sure there are some that will reply calling me a racist, a homophobe, a bigot, a sexist, and even a Nazi. (Did I leave any other buzzwords out?) Even though I am none of those, by being a straight, white, Christian male who doesn’t have a criminal record, I am not a protected class, entitled to say what I believe.

@JustJimColo Isn’t it ironic? Isn’t it ironic that some minorities claim they want the same rights, not special rights...

Very well said and some extremely valid questions. While we are on this subject, I would like to know who is paying for all those dreamers to go to college? That is the first question that comes to mind when they are on tv saying how much they contribute to this country. Who paid for their education in the first place?

@JustJimColo Lots of practice. :)

Like a bee traveling from flower to flower...you are edifying people along the way.

@Sukiesnow Like a bee traveling from flower to flower...you are edifying people along the way.

LOL... Not at all, just voicing some thoughts. I know I will not change any peoples minds here. (Nor is it my intent) This is simply a place to express myself a little.

@JustJimColo LOL... Not at all, just voicing some thoughts. I know I will not change any peoples minds here. (Nor is it my...

And you are also validating some people's concerns... I've always thought there was something wrong with the "All people are equal" ideology...which you've given voice to... Jim.

@Sukiesnow And you are also validating some people's concerns... I've always thought there was something wrong with the...

I think everyone understands the whole equality thing and how ridiculous it really is when examined. It's like the 120 pound senior boy who wants to be on the football team where the average guy is 185 pounds, and his parent threaten to sue the school because the kid happens to have an Asian or hispanic heritage. Everyone knows the reality but has been indoctrinated to keep quiet, or face repercussions.
I should sue Harvard Medical School because I wasn't admitted to their medical program. It shouldn't matter that I'm dumb as a rock. (I could have if I'd been a minority)

@JustJimColo I think everyone understands the whole equality thing and how ridiculous it really is when examined. It's like the...

I read what you said.

The part that has also been contentious is that it is...somewhat biblical...which is where some people get confused....confusing religion and reality...and their meanings...

@Sukiesnow I read what you said. The part that has also been contentious is that it is...somewhat biblical...which is where...

I guess I see that part of "equality" as meaning all people are equally important. We all have our own capability to contribute and be a part of society. A Dr makes a lot of money and is well educated but could we survive without the people who run the sewage plants, or water purification plants, or farmers, or even the people who dig coal for heat?

@Sukiesnow What ppl contribute to society is then considered equal?

I don't think it's so much of "what" they contribute, but that they "do", contribute

@JustJimColo I don't think it's so much of "what" they contribute, but that they "do", contribute

So respect should be given equally, as well. From the farmer to the doctor.

@Sukiesnow So respect should be given equally, as well. From the farmer to the doctor.

Absolutely. I think you still find that in some small towns where there is a tight knit community but sadly, I think it is disappearing. People don't see themselves as interdependent anymore because society has become more isolated from each other.

@JustJimColo Are you referring to the author? I think he was a vet

He was a veterinarian...not to be confused with other "vets"...:)

He lived in a time where ppl like him and doctors went out to visit their patients...not every time...but you can't bring a cow in for flu shots...hehe smilie... Medical docs went out at times, too.

I don't know where there are any areas like that in the States...unless it's the Mennonites...

@Sukiesnow He was a veterinarian...not to be confused with other "vets"...:) He lived in a time where ppl like him and...

No, in the small town I am from, the vet still comes out to the farms, and sometimes, even the Dr. When I go down there, the Sheriff's Department calls and my son gives them a clinic if he is along. I like it there.

@Sukiesnow Is there even an intersection?

Yes.... and they even had a stop light for a while but they tore it down about 20 years ago. It has a Pizza Hut, but it's only open on weekends, and you can get breakfast at the gas station, but it's hit and miss when they are open..

@Sukiesnow Ha... A PH only open on weekends.... No wonder Mrs Jim doesn't like it there.

There is a Walmart only 60 miles away... of course, that's the only store in that town. They have a community college.....well... not really a college...more an auto tech VO-TECH school... and they have a McDonalds since they are on the interstate..

@Sukiesnow You another Amirite member who is chintzy giving out upvotes and uploves?... Geez.

I do up-votes all the time. I don't know what the heart thing is all about....

@JustJimColo I do up-votes all the time. I don't know what the heart thing is all about....

Just an extra special vote for a comment that you agree with...

I generally give both to people right off the bat...unless I see someone is not doing it...with some ppl you have to be Einstein in order to get anything out of them....

@JustJimColo I didn't know...LOL I didn't know what it was for or what it accomplished.

Just, I think, more points or something. If people uplove your comments you get points... I think that's how it works...

@JustJimColo What do points do? Do I win a new car or something?

I'd hoped you wouldn't have asked that ordinary question.

It's hilarious of course, everytime...

@Sukiesnow I'd hoped you wouldn't have asked that ordinary question. It's hilarious of course, everytime...

Like on the old Sodahead, I know there were leader boards and achievements, etc etc. I guess I never cared about any of that, here or there. I may be on here for a month or two and then gone for 5 or 6 months. I don't even know where to look for statistics. I remember there were people on SH who asked questions like, Do you like Blue?...... Thought that was pretty stupid, and a waste of time, and all for some points. I enjoy the time I spend here but it's still the internet and I generally don't get consumed by social media.

@JustJimColo Like on the old Sodahead, I know there were leader boards and achievements, etc etc. I guess I never cared about...

Believe it or not...some ppl like Questions like: Do you like Blue?

Sometimes a variety of lighter Posts are needed, tho.

There can be too much angst-energy gathered on a post or a site...and levity might be needed when the members have no energy to do it themselves.

@Sukiesnow Believe it or not...some ppl like Questions like: Do you like Blue? Sometimes a variety of lighter Posts are...

I saw the "Do you like Blue" post hundreds of times.

I love the humor posts but there aren't many here. Most of the "humor" is usually directed against a political position or party. Humor should be something that all can either enjoy or at least appreciate.

@JustJimColo I saw the "Do you like Blue" post hundreds of times. I love the humor posts but there aren't many here. Most of...

And really...just posts with jokes are well, boring...unless it's a couple of sentences...can't tolerate reading a novella...kill me now.

@JustJimColo I agree.

I Agree Completely. (We had someone on here for sometime; all he ever said was I Agree Completely.) To any comment! Any post. That's all he said. It was wonderful.

@Sukiesnow And really...just posts with jokes are well, boring...unless it's a couple of sentences...can't tolerate...

So there’s this man with a parrot. And his parrot swears like a sailor, I mean he’s a pistol. He can swear for five minutes straight without repeating himself.
The trouble is that the guy who owns the parrot is a quiet, conservative type, and this bird’s foul mouth is driving him crazy.
One day, it gets to be too much, so the guy grabs the bird by the throat, shakes him really hard, and yells, “QUIT IT!” But this just makes the bird mad and he swears more than ever.
Then the guy gets mad and says, “That’s it. I’ll get you.” and locks the bird in a kitchen cabinet.
This really aggravates the bird and he claws and scratches, and when the guy finally lets him out, the bird cuts loose with a stream of invective that would make a veteran sailor blush.
At that point, the guy is so mad that he throws the bird into the freezer.
For the first few seconds, there is a terrible din. The bird kicks and claws and thrashes. Then it suddenly goes very quiet.
At first the guy just waits, but then he starts to think that the bird may be hurt. After a couple of minutes of silence, he’s so worried that he opens up the freezer door.
The bird calmly climbs onto the man’s outstretched arm and says, “Awfully sorry about the trouble I gave you. I’ll do my best to improve my vocabulary from now on.”
The man is astounded. He can’t understand the transformation that has come over the parrot.
Then the parrot says, “By the way, what did the chicken do?”

@2486705

I think only one or two posts.