+10

If a majority decides to oppress a minority it's the same as a tyrannical oligarchy

When the majority is against the rights of a minority it doesn't make it right. If a state decides to screw over gay people by robbing them of marriage, they can't just pack up and leave, that's not easily. They have family, jobs, a home, they should just give that all up because the majority of the state are the mental equivalent of high school bullies who use a messed up ancient moral code to justify their heinous actions decides to treat them like dog crap?

Image for post If a majority decides to oppress a minority it's the same as a tyrannical oligarchy
TomboyJanets avatar Politics
4 22

Tyranny of the majority ruins America. It has men deciding on what women can do with our bodies, straight people voting on OUR rights to marry, Privileged people historically deciding who can even vote. It's a messed up thing. There needs to be some kind of safetynet to prevent unreasonable people from taking over, especially now adays where it is seen as patriotic to treat people like human refuse because you are exercising rights.

The riots that are happening now are because the government IS doing it's job. Nobody wants to take away your rights.

@JerryHendrickson The riots that are happening now are because the government IS doing it's job. Nobody wants to take away your rights.

No they just want to say only the rich should be able to afford being healthy. And only the straights should be allowed to get special marriage priveledges. And the men get to decide wether or not women have to have rape babies. No not oppression at all nahhhh... definitely not. Oh and only white people can drive without being pulled over for bullshit reasons and shot because of unreasonable suspicion. I thought It was a gun, Dumbass it's a fucking snickers bar. "I was only defending myself just in case" no you weren't you're fucking blind and retarded or you just didn't care.

@JerryHendrickson Maybe where you live. None of that going on here.

The latest pullover incidents mostly happen around the great lakes if I'm not mistaken. The midwest seems to be the new jim crow south. but thats another story. When people clammor about states rights I know what's on their minds: State constitution amendments banning gay marriage. I'll tell you I have lesbian friends in red states who have guns for the government agents who want to take their marriage certificates away. Get your STATE government hands off their marriage and out of our lives

@TomboyJanet The latest pullover incidents mostly happen around the great lakes if I'm not mistaken. The midwest seems to be the...

I could care less who marries who or what. A person can marry a rock for all that I care.
I want you and everyone else to be happy. I really don't think that New York State is very abusive toward anyone but gun toting hillbillies like me and people who want to smoke weed, like me. If you're black or gay here, you get preferential treatment. So anyway, I want equality too, for EVERYONE, not just minorities.

@JerryHendrickson I could care less who marries who or what. A person can marry a rock for all that I care. I want you and everyone...

I just want people to stop confusing priveledge with equality. I guess we see the same things on different sides. I see a religious privilege where Bible laws get to influence policy and places of worship are tax free. I see the Hasidim cults here in NY get to LIVE tax free by calling their homes synagogues. There is a lot of messed up stuff i see still going on. But I don't blame the entire jewish community, I blame the individuals living in Monsey, here in Rockland county New York State. I blame every christian who believes their religious laws are so special EVERYONE needs to follow them, and I blame each muslim who wants to kill the infidels. I don't follow a major brand name religion so to speak. Where's my tax free living huh? where's my lobbyists and base to keep politicians in my pocket? I don't got any of that.

Weed huh? yeah it is kinda weird how We think were all hip and open minded in NY but still ban weed. The drug lords of Manhattan are making a killing on impure products that contain who knows what. Unregulated business indeed. I was a victim of PCP laced weed not once but twice and If i had no experience with the DXM dissasociative I'd have no clue how to even handle it. The number one thing about me is I'm not a big fan of where I live. We're like the "want to be cool" place. I know you probably hate it but California is more for me. I don't mean like granola/hollywood california i mean like the wacky punk rock, and the awkward old tourist stop route 66 california, and of course disneyland but thats for another post. Deserts seem nice. The thing is that I'm more of the lay back go do whatever the fuck you want just don't bother me person. But here everything is stringency and big businessy and wal street traitors. Then we got that tub of lard in NJ making cheap gas go bye bye so it doesn't matter anyway. I do stand for background checks with guns and Idk if they have that in other states or if it's just a ny thing but whatever. At the same time like I said about my friends down in the south, I believe guns are needed for emergencies. Key word emergency. Not bar brawls, not disagreements, not shoot first ask later, and DEFINATELY not kids (he pushed me off the swing BANG!!) but If someone is going to turn me into an unwilling sex toy I wanna be able to fill him with holes

@TomboyJanet I just want people to stop confusing priveledge with equality. I guess we see the same things on different sides. I...

You've got some Libertarian in you. All of this NYS shit you're unhappy with that infringes on liberty. The desert IS nice, I just got back from a trip to Vegas and Arizona. It definitely feels a lot more free there. Strange isn't it? Our Governor and the Mayor of NY are supposed to be liberal yet they pile on the rules.

@JerryHendrickson You've got some Libertarian in you. All of this NYS shit you're unhappy with that infringes on liberty. The desert...

Yeah couple that with snow and high tolls and taxi drivers and horrible public transit full of rapists, I sooo can't wait to get out of here. I'm so desperate I'm even willing to go to Pennsylvania!

If the majority takes a bunch of shit CONSTANTLY from the minority, it's the same as being comple pansy asses.

@JerryHendrickson If the majority takes a bunch of shit CONSTANTLY from the minority, it's the same as being comple pansy asses.

But it depends on what the bunch of shit is. Riots break out for reasons it's because the government is not doing its job. Historically riots happen when those in power, forgive my crudity, SUCK. That ranges anywhere from local sheriffs to the president. They once called it revolting, but now we call it riots to sort of demonize them more.

But that ties into what I said earlier. Yes there are assholes who loot and burn innocent people's cars and that should not be so, i condemn that. but I think that instead of saying "oh all these assholes they suck ass" we should look at our selves and say "ok what are we doing wrong that has caused the peasants to revolt" so to speak. We are not a good country when people feel they need to draw attention that way to their issues. It will only continue to happen until the issues at hand are resolved positively. If we ignore it, demonize it, push it further, it could turn into a full scale rebellion. Then as those in power do fall they will wonder how it got to this point. It has happened before, time and time again. Hell our country was formed by it. Then, we inspired another one in France.

You may have strong ideas on how to run a nation, but you must face the consequences of your decisions. Hell even someone playing a simulator video game knows that if their people are rebelling they fucked up.

I'm sure the Trumpkin Lumpkin brigade ( http://www.urbandictionary.com/...p?term=lumpkin ) will find that many people are not just gonna sit there and take having their rights ripped from them one by one.

When you're the majority you have the responsibility to not let your rights go above others's rights. That's simple decency. We're all people, it's about time we all stand in the same place.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +1Reply

Wow! Sounds like you're pissed off about a lot of stuff.

Hey, did you hear Trump is keeping Obama's order to protect LGBT workers? That sounds favorable to LGBT to me. Not the work of an anti-gay guy.

I'm interested to hear your feedback on that.

It happens. That's when couples travel to other states/provinces...in order to get married.

Democracy is the tyranny of the majority. (mob rule)

America needs to return to being a Constitutional Republic.

whataboput if a group tries to shut down any oposission who disagrees? what are they called? (yes you democrats, i am directing that question to YOU, you are the tyrants of USA

Anonymous