+18

Is there a difference between what you want to eat and what you should eat?

Image for post **Is there a difference between what you want to eat and what you //should// eat?**
Sukiesnows avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
8 31

Lol, yup. If I eat only what I want to eat, I would be in big trouble.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +6Reply

Oh yes. Food is one of those "pleasures"

@2485633

Now I'm tongue-tied... hehe smilie

Sadly, the answer is yes.

Eat or do not eat, there is no 'should'

@VicZinc Eat or do not eat, there is no 'should'

VicZinc lives in the land of "No Shoulds"... It's a nice place.....?

Who is to say what we "should" eat? Our ancestors learned what foods to eat by trial and error just like so many other animals. Now we can concocted different combinations that might prolong our life, (which we could do for animals) but "naturally" were we even supposed to live this long? Maybe we were supposed to be eating dirt and live for 10 years... but yeah I'm totally eating terribly lol

Carmos avatar Carmo Disagree +2Reply

SOMETIMES

@TomboyJanet SOMETIMES

Living in the Land of CAPS LOCK? JANET? HA....

Many times we what to eat junk food, fast food, drinking sugar drinks which does nothing for our bodies. If we eat more health food. We would save more. Be less sick, less medical bills.

@Bluejay Many times we what to eat junk food, fast food, drinking sugar drinks which does nothing for our bodies. If we eat...

It could depend on where you live. Here - in Sourhern Ontario - it's good when you can get produce in season...but otherwise...it's from Mexico...California...and it costs...

They're basically the opposite, the world sucks because everything healthy tastes like crap compared to the unhealthy things and it's more expensive too.

I've always just tried to eat what makes me feel better afterwards or the next day which is mostly vegetables, salad and a small amount of lean meat. Trouble is, when you travel a lot, most restaurants and cafes want to give you a huge slab of fatty meat, decorative vegetables and lots of salt and butter. So eating what I should eat is what I want to eat but it's often a struggle to find.

@OzSurfer I've always just tried to eat what makes me feel better afterwards or the next day which is mostly vegetables...

Total agree. Can you take one burner to cook something on when you are traveling? Many hotel or motel have a microwave oven you can use.

@Bluejay Total agree. Can you take one burner to cook something on when you are traveling? Many hotel or motel have a...

Normally I can't because I fly and can't take that kind of item in the plane. But you are right about the microwaves, all the places I stay seem to have them, I'm looking at one right next to me where I'm staying now. I should make better use of them and I could also save myself money.

Sometimes eating nothing makes me feel good. Hungry, but good.

I know what you mean.

The other day at an All Day Breaky Dive...I said to my friend...next time I'm gonna have to start ordering butter on the side of my toast... I held up my toast... It was slathered with butter and then some. With some things...caviar? I might not mind the verb slather...but with butter on toast...gah...

Anyway...he looked at me incomprehendingly... Or is it uncomprehendingly? He's totally meat and potatoes type...left brainer...you know...

@Sukiesnow Sometimes eating nothing makes me feel good. Hungry, but good. I know what you mean. The other day at an All...

I agree! It's sometimes better to eat nothing than eat the wrong thing because that's all there is.

@Sukiesnow So true... I added to previous Comment...D.

YES! I read what you added. I find exactly the same thing. Most in my town are meat and potatoes types so most cafe's cater to that, and like you said with the toast, nobody cooks anything for sale unless it's covered in butter or fat, then they wonder why everyone has weight problems.

On a side note, I'm staying in a small beach town where learning to surf and water safety is a compulsory school subject so each morning you see classes of kids in their early teens out on the beach. The interesting thing I noticed is that not one of them has a weight issue.

@OzSurfer YES! I read what you added. I find exactly the same thing. Most in my town are meat and potatoes types so most...

Excellent! Pretty good for being in the hicks...

Girls in the classes, too?

I guess I'm old school enough to wonder about it when you say...weight issue? In your early teens?

You are spot on...all that butter oozing - and mayonnaise etc and they wonder why people so young are over weight?

So, they should not sell tobacco to under aged teens but also not potato chips, cheesies, tacos, fries...etc...

What are you doing out there, D?

@Sukiesnow Excellent! Pretty good for being in the hicks... Girls in the classes, too? I guess I'm old school enough to...

Yes, the classes I saw had girls and boys.

You are right. When I was at school nobody had a weight problem as a teen as we all had to ride or walk to school, sport was compulsory, parents wouldn't drive you anywhere. I had to get up at 4am to deliver news papers before school etc, and on top of that there was no junk food like mcdonalds except in the cities. So over here, obesity in teens has become an issue because kids are given the option not to exercise along with a type 2 diabetes dietary plan.

I've found this small town on the coast that has some great beaches, mild weather and nice surf. Most buildings are about 150 or more years old. The upside is that everyone here is retired and over the age of 60 so I get the surf to myself. The downside is that everyone is over the age of 60 and I'm the only one at the beach apart from the dog walkers at 5am.

Sadly yes because I can't eat the things I want to eat hehe smilie

@Carla Soon

I asked for a bucket of chicken & a pound of bacon when I woke up in recovery but nobody is cooperating with me hehe smilie

@Lil_Princess I asked for a bucket of chicken & a pound of bacon when I woke up in recovery but nobody is cooperating with me

You wont be there long, gall bladder surgery isnt like it used to be.

Shit, my mother has a scar thats about six inches long.

You will be out in a wink.

Then you will get that bacon.
But....princess, everything in moderation

@Carla You wont be there long, gall bladder surgery isnt like it used to be. Shit, my mother has a scar thats about six...

Oh that is what I hear that I will have to eat in moderation.

Currently they believe it will be three simple cuts however they have warned me that there is a possibility that they may have to do one large cut. I can admit I am a big baby I don't want to be put to sleep.

Sadly I don't remember why the large cut. I am also having a biopsy done that day too.

I have learned a valuable lesson. Next time the doc says I am sick & this needs to happen sooner, I ain't gonna stop them.

not all the time. often I want what i should eat