Lil_Princesss avatar Life
8 24

I'm not sure I understand the question. It sounds like you're asking if I would lie about my job in order to impress other people - is that right?

That makes no sense to me at all. Anyone - in any job can take pride in what they do. I don't care what the job is - be the best at that anyone has ever been!

@Budwick I'm not sure I understand the question. It sounds like you're asking if I would lie about my job in order to...

Taking pride in ones work is an old concept, bud. Like you and me.

Some here have it, their parents taught them well.

But, out and about, mostly apathy

Carlas avatar Carla Oh heavens no that is just stupid +2Reply
@Carla Taking pride in ones work is an old concept, bud. Like you and me. Some here have it, their parents taught them...

My actual first real job my mama was my manager. It didn't matter that I was her daughter. She actually worked me 10 times harder than anyone & today I am grateful for that.

I take great pride in what I do.

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Oh heavens no that is just stupid +1Reply

Sometimes during a debate, an idiot will claim he is in the field being debated, so he is a subject matter expert, when you remember he claimed to be in a different field in a previous debate.

JustJimColos avatar JustJimColo I don't live my life to impress others +2Reply

Oh that is what I am asking.

I agree it doesn't make a darn bit of sense. It shouldn't matter if you are in an office in New York or flipping burgers in the South, you should be happy & proud of what you are doing.

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Oh heavens no that is just stupid +2Reply

You got that straight

Carlas avatar Carla Oh heavens no that is just stupid +3Reply
@Carla You got that straight

Honestly I don't understand why on Earth people fib about what they do or parts of their life. I have known people like that & sadly seen some of my oldest daughter's friends do it.

I might not have a glamorous job but it pays the bills & I wouldn't trade my hectic & crazy times for anything. I am proud of those days & those that add excitement to my life.

If I have to impress people for friendship or whatever, I will enjoy life alone.

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Oh heavens no that is just stupid +4Reply
@Lil_Princess Honestly I don't understand why on Earth people fib about what they do or parts of their life. I have known people...

I dont lnow why people do what they do
I do know that this kind of forum makes people bold, when in life i think theyvare not.

@Carla I dont lnow why people do what they do I do know that this kind of forum makes people bold, when in life i think...

Oh that very well could be. Social media makes it easy for people to pretend to be something they are not.

Lil_Princesss avatar Lil_Princess Oh heavens no that is just stupid 0Reply

That's just silly. I embellish since I enjoy it.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Oh heavens no that is just stupid +3Reply
@Sukiesnow That's just silly. I embellish since I enjoy it.

Indeed it sure is silly. I am proud of what I do even if it ain't glamorous.

I like to describe things accurately so embellishing doesn't fit into that.

OzSurfers avatar OzSurfer Oh heavens no that is just stupid +3Reply

Some people make up what they do, others embellish what they do, and even others don't think most would even believe what they do. LOL I've seen people who claim to have an occupation that fits their argument at the time.

JustJimColos avatar JustJimColo I don't live my life to impress others +3Reply
@JustJimColo Some people make up what they do, others embellish what they do, and even others don't think most would even...

Oh I have seen that many times myself. What kills me is those in so called highly demanding professions spending 24 hours on social media. If I am here during work its cause I am on break or taking a second to collect my thoughts when problem solving.

JustJimColos avatar JustJimColo I don't live my life to impress others +1Reply
@JustJimColo If I'm on here during work it's because I am playing hooky or burning comp time.

Sometimes I have been on here while in a meeting with my boss while waiting on him to finish his personal call cause I can't do my job until he get off the phone.

@Lil_Princess I am kinda jealous...okay I am a lot jealous.

Don't be. When bad stuff happens, it's, you're on your own.. goodnight. Also, the work on my desk never disappears. And when you look for support, you can only look in the mirror.

@JustJimColo Don't be. When bad stuff happens, it's, you're on your own.. goodnight. Also, the work on my desk never disappears...

That is how it is for me now & my boss is in the same office as me so I completely understand what that is like.

I've never had urge or inclination to do that, no.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 I don't live my life to impress others +2Reply
Anonymous