Do you know the real meaning of the Swastika before Hitler tainted it?

The link gives the history of it, if you're interested to know about it.

History of the Swastikahttps://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007453
67% Yes 29% No 5% Other
Sofias avatar Life
10 22

I know it was from elsewhere, but dont remember where

If you dont remind me, i will have to google it.

Then i read all about another culture.

Its late here, so please tell me.

Then i can read a whole article at another time......

@Carla I know it was from elsewhere, but dont remember where If you dont remind me, i will have to google it. Then i...

I can't really explain better than it's saying on the link.

The word swastika comes from the Sanskrit svastika, which means “good fortune” or “well-being." The motif (a hooked cross) appears to have first been used in Neolithic Eurasia, perhaps representing the movement of the sun through the sky. To this day it is a sacred symbol in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Odinism. It is a common sight on temples or houses in India or Indonesia. Swastikas also have an ancient history in Europe, appearing on artifacts from pre-Christian European cultures.

An extra (it's not on the link) - if you don't know what Sanskrit is - Sanskrit is the primary sacred language of Hinduism and Mahāyāna Buddhism, a philosophical language in Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism and Sikhism. It was also a literary language that was in use as a lingua franca in ancient and medieval South Asia.

@Carla Thank you. What an evil thing to do to a possitive cultural symbol.

Yeah. This shows how bad a symbol can get on the wrong hands. Hitler completely butchered it.

@Sofia Yeah. This shows how bad a symbol can get on the wrong hands. Hitler completely butchered it.

There is not one good thing that man ever did.
Not that ive read about

He was the embodiment of evil

@Carla There is not one good thing that man ever did. Not that ive read about He was the embodiment of evil

Um... I read that Hitler loved his mother and was devastated when she died of breast cancer when he was about 18, if I remember correctly.

And he applied for admission to the the Vienna Fine Arts Academy as a student, but was rejected. Imagine how the history of the world might have been totally different...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cult...auctioned.html

Oh, and Hitler was also awarded the Iron Cross first class for bravery in WW1 (unusual for an enlisted man).

It is more than a little ironic that his commanding officer, Lt. Gutmann, who recommended the decoration, was Jewish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Gutmann

Actually, the swastika had already been adopted by anti-Semitic and racist groups in Europe well before Hitler's time, for example by the Thule society.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule_Society

@2487384

I didn't know about that. Thank you.

I believe it was a luck symbol in eastern cultures particularly Asian spiritual cultures I've seen some of them lining buildings in theme parks and temples

Image in content 乂º◡º乂

Absolute opposite.

Shows what a small minded master manipulator can do....

I've never considered it had a meaning.

The symbol is of Hindu and Buddhist origin, I've seen many shows that wanted to use it but couldn't because it could be related to Nazi Germany

Actually no...

But I know that witchcraft uses the 5 pointed star and they are very positive...

I've always wondered about that...good question, Sof.

Swastika — the Sun Sign

Whilst its name is Sanskrit in origin, the swastika was and is used virtually worldwide for millennia. Many kinds of this symbol exist. An ancestral calendar, the swastika is associated with the Sun and seasons. Each kind has its own spiritual meaning as well.

Here is a list of 89 swastikas used in Russia. Their names are small and in Russian, but feel free to tell me if you want to learn more about their names and meanings.
Shown below is a rushnik (embroidered towel) with a kolovrat (Russian коловрат, tenth column and third row on the above list) inside. The text reads "If you're Russian, click "Like," seeing that Russia used it hundreds of years before the Nazis tainted it.

Because I do.

Anonymous