+17

I am a real proponent of peaceful protest. The berkley students are going about this all wrong.

Image for post I am a real proponent of peaceful protest.  The berkley students are going about this all wrong.
Carlas avatar People & Celebrities
12 34

It's almost always better to take the high road, I think. It would have made just as powerful of a statement if the students just hadn't attended the speech, and had voiced their disapproval some other way. A far better statement, I do believe.

Not sure if all of the violent protesters were actually students there...

@Piper2 It's almost always better to take the high road, I think. It would have made just as powerful of a statement...

Im not sure either, but young.

These times call for our youth to speak out.
They are a powerful force.

But violence begets violence.

Playing right into the hands of the "authorities"

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply

Yup. Violence won't fix anything here.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +4Reply
@2487710

Berkley students protesting against some brietbart speaker named milo.

Wanted to make it difficult for him to speak. They are tearing up the auditorium.
They made it impossible for him to speak

Breaking windows, generally acting the opposite way they should.

Peaceful protest gets the right kind of attention, this just makes them look like criminals. Wrong kind of attention

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply
@2487727

Passion is a good thing. In this instance it should have come out in intellegent speech and peaceful resistance.

It has to be understood that this is what they want.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

(Bewildered) I thought that was in the 60s.

@Sukiesnow (Bewildered) I thought that was in the 60s.

Well, it brought change then

It can now, too

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

I was just watching the protesting going on, and I didn't see any destruction going on, there was a couple of fires set, but no one was causing any problems. But I agree, a peaceful protest is much better. But people are so frustrated by this administration and the lies that are being told, and that speaker is one of Steve Bannon's friends, that there will be more protests coming and I'm afraid they won't be peaceful.

@StarzAbove I was just watching the protesting going on, and I didn't see any destruction going on, there was a couple of fires...

Oh ni starz, they broke down metal barriers and broke out several front windows.

Setting off firecrackers and the fires.

You will see it

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2487790

Perfect

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

I don't mind people standing up for their beliefs but there is always a right and wrong way to go about it

@2487849

Soros is paying many of them, another good reason to send SWAT after them.

It seems to me that the idiot protesters have been doing this shit for a couple of years now. If they don't chill, they'll cause martial law to be imposed. Jackasses. The first thing we need to do is make it a crime to cover your face at a protest.

@JerryHendrickson It seems to me that the idiot protesters have been doing this shit for a couple of years now. If they don't chill...

I agree if you say it or do it, own it.

And rioting, vandalizing, it pnly serves the opposition.

Peace not destruction.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@Carla I agree if you say it or do it, own it. And rioting, vandalizing, it pnly serves the opposition. Peace not...

If they don't chill out, I'm going to start calling for my conservative and libertarian friends to meet them in the streets. We're the ones they want to make laws in order to take our weapons away.

@JerryHendrickson If they don't chill out, I'm going to start calling for my conservative and libertarian friends to meet them in the...

Jerry, i truly dont know anyone, not one left thinking individual that wants to take sane, law abiding peoples guns away.

We are all peace loving, tree hugging, gun owners

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

Every time they do this SWAT needs to be sent in.

@Carla You proved my point

It's the only way to stop these terrorist.

@Cezar It's the only way to stop these terrorist.

They arent terrorists, just young people who are uncertain.

Your views seem a bit terroristic, im afraid

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
Anonymous