Lil_Princesss avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
9 35

Hang tight, feels good for a sec , the you wake up.

I was bugged out the first time, but after a few times, you just go with the flow.

You will be fine, and feel so much better.

Think about biscuits and gravy. With a side of bacon.....

I've never had to but i guess i would rather be put under, over having to watch.

DandyDons avatar DandyDon I ain't never been put under +3Reply

Yes it does. It's like being dead for awhile.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Oh my yes +3Reply
@Lil_Princess I kinda feel that way now

Personally I'd advise you to be sedated without passing out...but that's just my POV. You'll still be asleep and not see anything...and you won't feel anything....but you just won't be under...

It will also shorten your recovery time.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Oh my yes +2Reply
@Sukiesnow Personally I'd advise you to be sedated without passing out...but that's just my POV. You'll still be asleep and...

Oh I like that idea. Thank ya.

I was awake through my c section & knew what was going on. I think not going to know is adding to my fears.

@Lil_Princess Oh I like that idea. Thank ya. I was awake through my c section & knew what was going on. I think not going to...

They have different choices of anesthesia these days. You can get spinal blocks...all sorts of things...

As part of your pre-treatment...discuss it with the anesthesiologist. They will give you exactly what you want.

My sister went through a hip replacement and she was awake but of course didn't feel a thing...she did drift off into sleep but she wasn't "under"...makes recovery so much easier. Like, the next day.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Oh my yes +1Reply
@Sukiesnow They have different choices of anesthesia these days. You can get spinal blocks...all sorts of things... As part...

Oh that would be wonderful. I will mention it to them. I have had 5 spinal blocks so that is not an issue.

Hope your sister is doing well with her hip replacement. My oldest brother just had it done a month ago.

@2488640

Thank ya Linn.

I am having my gallbladder removed plus a biopsy all in the same day. I ain't to keen on going to sleep lol

@JustJimColo I had my gall bladder removed last year.

I was supposed to have it done 3 weeks ago but I had to much going on at work.

@Lil_Princess I was supposed to have it done 3 weeks ago but I had to much going on at work.

I went in at 9, and walked out of the hospital at 1. They gave me a lot of pain meds to take home but I think I only took them for the first day, and that was more to just ease some discomfort. It wasn't as bad as I expected. (Or dreaded) You'll do just fine.

@JustJimColo I went in at 9, and walked out of the hospital at 1. They gave me a lot of pain meds to take home but I think I...

Thank ya

I really needed that. I think it scares me cause two people I work with had it done & had complications.

Plus my dad had several surgeries & took forever to wake up.

@Lil_Princess Thank ya I really needed that. I think it scares me cause two people I work with had it done & had...

We always hear the worst stories. (After all, they are more entertaining than, "I really don't remember". When I was a lot lot younger, I spend months in the hospital from a car accident and had 13 surgeries. To spend the time, I'd scare the other guys coming in for surgeries I'd already gone through. (Everyone needs a hobby) The worst part of surgery to me is the IV. I'm terrified of needles, (even though they aren't that bad)
Tell ya what, concentrate more on thinking about what to do in your spare time while recuperating. Make a list of DVD's you want to watch, etc etc.

I'll let you in on something. I'd rather go through the gall bladder surgery again than go to the dentist.

@JustJimColo See? It could be worse.

I told the Dr I wanted my gall bladder in a bottle to put on the fire place for a conversation piece. He said no. :(

@JustJimColo See? It could be worse.

You are correct. Sometimes I need a reminder like that

@JustJimColo Let us know how it went.

Promise I will & if I don't my oldest daughter is set to let y'all know.

@2488875

I truly appreciate that. smile smilie

@2489318

Oh I promise I will. My oldest daughter is set to let y'all know if I can't get on her.

@2489329

You are most welcome.

It always bothers me, but we deal with it and move forward. It's just one of those facts of life we have to deal with as make the journey.

It went well for me the last time.

Sofias avatar Sofia Nope I am good +1Reply
Anonymous