+17

Pizza is NOT pizza without cheese, amirite?

I once knew someone that "LOVED PIZZA"... but soon found out that they hated cheese (especially melted cheese)... including hated cheese being on pizza. But they "loved pizza".... come to find out... they loved pizza with no cheese.

But pizza isn't pizza without melted cheese, amirite?

Image for post Pizza is NOT pizza without cheese, amirite?
Zolfies avatar Food & Drink
8 21
The voters have decided that Zolfie is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

no cheesing no pleasing

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet Yeah You Are +3Reply
@TomboyJanet no cheesing no pleasing

oh wait, there is pleasing involved? tongue smilie

Zolfies avatar Zolfie Yeah You Are +2Reply

I wouldn't eat it without cheese...

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Yeah You Are +3Reply
@DandyDon I wouldn't eat it without cheese...

I don't think it's that bad... but it's just not the same and I won't call it pizza (I call it tomato pie). It can be nice, I had a high school coach that would give us tomato pie after practice once a week.

I think it's pretty good cold, especially with some parmesan cheese and pepper (red and black) on it. Warm... just makes me sad it doesn't have melted cheese.

But my point is that I just don't see it as (American) pizza. Though that was an Italy area... and I guess the tomato pie way was being done long because American pizza became so popular.

Zolfies avatar Zolfie Yeah You Are +1Reply

I guess if tomato and spices are right - it would taste like pizza..I agree...but really what would you put on it to replace the cheese?

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Yeah You Are +2Reply

Tomato sauce and cheese are the 2 ingredients you can't take away from the topping and still call it pizza. By definition.

@HegeMarie Tomato sauce and cheese are the 2 ingredients you can't take away from the topping and still call it pizza. By...

Some places call tomato pie (no cheese), pizza. And those places normally seem to be more Italian areas.

@HegeMarie Really? One should think the Italians, of all people, would now better

Really! ... I'm not sure... but I think traditionally (like back in the day) cheese might of been more of an optional topping for pizza...

Or while there was cheese, it was more spread out and didn't cover every area. And those with Italian backgrounds sometimes grow up with it both ways.

But, in the 3 years that I lived in an Italian American area... this was the tomato pizza (and they cut them in squares like this)

But like I'm said, I'm guessing traditional pizzas might of had less cheese on them.

@Zolfie Really! ... I'm not sure... but I think traditionally (like back in the day) cheese might of been more of an...

The amount of cheese may vary. But without any cheese at all they should call it something else.
Same with cinnamon rolls without cinnamon wink smilie

@HegeMarie The amount of cheese may vary. But without any cheese at all they should call it something else. Same with cinnamon...

Some call it pizza, but some call it tomato pie... which is why I call it tomato pie. (and not a pizza pie).

Cinnamon rolls have the word cinnamon in them, pizza doesn't have the word cheese in them. But some rolls are amazing still smile smilie.

@Zolfie Some call it pizza, but some call it tomato pie... which is why I call it tomato pie. (and not a pizza pie)...

I would call that tomato pie too. It is true that it isn't in the name, but it is in the actual definition. This is from the Cambridge Dictionary:
Pizza- a large circle of flat bread baked with cheese, tomatoes, and sometimes meat and vegetables spread on top.

Anyway, I'm baking Pizza Mozzarella tonight. With Mozzarella biggrin smilie

@HegeMarie I would call that tomato pie too. It is true that it isn't in the name, but it is in the actual definition. This is...

Yeah but the dictionary isn't always correct... some pizza is served as squares (which gets your more... so I'm not complaining about that) ;)

Mmmm pizza mozzarella... are you sharing? ;)

Zolfies avatar Zolfie Yeah You Are 0Reply

Cheese is a must. Then all the other added.

Bluejays avatar Bluejay Yeah You Are +1Reply
Anonymous