-2

We have enough people here, in the United States. We don't need any more Immigrants of any kind. We're full up; no vacancy.

I don't care where you're from, what your religion is, or what color you are. More people equals less space. Go the fuck away.

JerryHendricksons avatar People & Celebrities
2 86

Thanks for this post Jerry, it's a good question to consider as I do about my own country. I like some of your points but also I like Bozettes. I need to have a better understanding of population growth and how it will affect us in future. My country has a huge landmass, almost the size of the US, most of it is unpopulated, but the problem is that there aren't enough resources to even come close to fully populating it, especially water, so I wonder how many people the world can actually support. I read just today that the worlds farmers are looking at doubling their output by 2033, I wonder how sustainable that will be given they'll need so much more water etc? This is an area where I have way more questions than answers.

I agree 100% on that. Other countries breed like rats and when they get overcrowded, they want to go somewhere else.

@2489876

I COMPLETELY disagree. The space we have needs to remain just what it is: space. That's just my opinion. I love the country and the trees and the canyons. I love them unpopulated.

@2489890

Even more simple math: More People = Less Land.

@2489907

That's a bad thing?

@2489910

They paid in right? It should be there. Take if from something worthless like the study of gender identity and tons of other worthless government waste.

@2489910

Anyway, I'm 52. Euthanize me if you can. We've got some crazy fuckers coming up on retirement.

@2489910

Also...Fuck taxes.

@2489921

what about it? I'm ex army. You're making things more complicated than they actually are. Certainly there must be some taxation for the protection of the people.
Sometimes it seems that you're just trying to catch me off guard. Waiting for the moment to strike. I already paid my taxes; SS and Medicaid should be in there. If not? The government had better cough it up and that's all I've got to say about that.
How they come up with it is their problem, not mine. I held up my end of the bargain AND served in the military. They hold that shit back? Revolution. Giving up our land to foreigners? No fucking way. It's my land, that I paid for udigit?

@2490068

I thought what you got back was supposed to be based on what you paid in.
Also, less that 1% live to be 95 and 17% of the population do not live past 65 (That means 17% never receive anything back of what they paid in. What happens to that money?)

I, for one, could live comfortably on what I paid in to SS if it had all been put into an account for me, and drawing even 3% interest, from the time they started taking it out. If I died at 64, it would also be a great nest egg for my kids)

@2491728

I've checked into it since I am 62. I'll probably retire at 66.
My wifes brother in law died at 56 and his youngest was 21 so none of his kids got anything. His wife got his SS when she was old enough to be eligible for SS. When a spouse does that, they can choose to receive their own, or their spouses. They don't get both.

@2491916

That's why I'm waiting till 66. I could retire now but the Medicare thing is what's stopping me.

@2491926

Naw.... going till 66. When I retire, I will be retired. 100% of my time will finally be mine.

@2492149

I sure plan to. Some days I hope I make it..... :)

@2491755

We also pay in to Medicare. If I am fortunate enough to be one of the 1% to live to 95, the 17% (or whatever the number is) who paid into it but died before 65, it should make up for it. (and visa versa if I die later this week) I know, it's a numbers game but it should be a game that averages out.
I think one of the problems politicians have gotten us into is that they took it, and didn't set it aside. They used it as a slush fund.

@2491771

Sadly, we have too many people who never paid in, taking the payouts. That really upsets the balance.

@2491809

It's a broken system, isn't it Bozette? Those of us who are older see it, those who run it, ignore it, and those who are young, don't give it a second thought.

@2491820

LOL... Isn't that the truth? Young Jim never thought Jim would ever become Old Jim.

@2491829

So true... I did pay my dues over the many decades though and it's irritating that now, some think those of us who did, don't deserve it. Meanwhile, some of those who never paid any dues, are demanding everything be provided for them. Someday, they will realize there is no such thing as free.

@2489910

I apologise for my rudeness. Going back and reading my comments to you I was a jerk. Sorry.

@2489907

Bozette, Lets put the number of immigrants in perspective. There are about 1,250,000 immigrants a year. Colorado has a population of 5,000,000. That means the total number of immigrants in 4 years would equal doubling the population of a state like Colorado. In 15 years, it would double the population of a state like NY. That's a lot of bodies.

@2491371

I've factored in something that is even more important, especially here in Colorado, Kansas and other food producing states. Water. We are about out of water. A lot of the water from Colorado already goes to California. All water rights in Colorado were already owned in 1899. There are no more to be had. Land, can only support a finite number of people. The more arid, the less people. You can look at the Mohave desert and say, look at all that land..... but people can't survive there in any significant number, water has to come from somewhere. Look at California......

@2491562

If you think our population will decline, and it does, we have the option of opening our borders in a "controlled" manner to allow more into the country.

@2491749

I don't have a problem with a 100% ban until we at least know what our situation is, and what we need. Right now, I doubt if anyone has a clue in our government. I also support only letting in the people we need, not those we not only don't need, but end up being a burden and a liability.
If we have a shortage of people with technical skills, open it up to those with the needed skills.

@2491762

Our future is pretty unstable, isn't it?

I discovered an interesting fact yesterday. There was a freeze on immigration (nobody new permitted in) from 1927 through 1965. That was to allow the immigrant population time to assimilate to the American society sufficiently so as not to disrupt it further by further immigration waves in too short of a time period. Sounds like a good idea to implement again (and will give us more time to deport all the illegal aliens that are already here).

@goblue1968 I discovered an interesting fact yesterday. There was a freeze on immigration (nobody new permitted in) from 1927...

I need to re-word my post a little bit so as not to upset any uptight open borders people who happen to read it. The "freeze" was actually only a "chill". In 1921, the formerly indiscriminate immigration practice was suspended and replaced by a quota system which remained in effect through 1965. But there was also a requirement for those who were already here that they had to learn English in order to become an American citizen.

@2490031

Dang it, I was just going to say that. If they all left as promised, it'd be so much better.

@2490614

Who watches those things anyhow?

@2490882

It amazes me how some people hang on every word that is printed/said about celebs. Don't they know that celebs get the stomach flu and all that includes, just like the rest of us?

@2490982

That's probably true.

Is that true American thinking? How did you get there?

@Sukiesnow Is that true American thinking? How did you get there?

My daddy got funky with my mommy and POW! My father is half Native American so how did you get where you are?

@JerryHendrickson My daddy got funky with my mommy and POW! My father is half Native American so how did you get where you are?

My parents came from overseas..... Although when they came over there was no one living in Canada and they were begging people to come.

@Sukiesnow My parents came from overseas..... Although when they came over there was no one living in Canada and they were...

I'm not. I want the land to stay a pure and untouched as possible.
More people means more environmental damage.
And here I thought that liberals were supposed to be the environmentalists, guess I was wrong about that.

@JerryHendrickson I'm not. I want the land to stay a pure and untouched as possible. More people means more environmental damage. And...

You might want them to come but stick it out...in the small towns...not in the big cities where they take jobs away from other citizens...

@Sukiesnow You might want them to come but stick it out...in the small towns...not in the big cities where they take jobs away...

No, I like the population and demographic just as it is. Jobs have nothing to do with it for me; I just like space, elbow room.

Most small towns don't have enough jobs to employ the locals. That's why small tows are shrinking. Kids move away.

Fuck you every human on earth can fit in texas

@ChokeMeDaddy Fuck you every human on earth can fit in texas

That would be one lame ass place to live potty mouth.

@JerryHendrickson That would be one lame ass place to live potty mouth.

What are you gonna do about it grandpa wash my mouth out with soap?

@ChokeMeDaddy What are you gonna do about it grandpa wash my mouth out with soap?

It wouldn't do any good; the smell of shit would remain with no possible way to remove the stench.

@ChokeMeDaddy Hey who told you I eat ass?

It's a kind of being able to smell your breath over the internet thing. That's when you really know that it's time to come up with a new oral hygiene plan. I agree with your statement. You claim to be an ass eater and I'm sure it's true; cleanliness is obviously no object.

@ChokeMeDaddy I like you. You might be the only man on this sight with his balls intact

I just call it as I see it. I'm more blunt than most.. The way I am here is the way that I am with people face to face. AND I'm a smartass so my mouth gets me into trouble every now and again.
I used to get all pissed off on these internet debate sites. Somebody would insult me and I blow my stack. Not any more, unless somebody catches me when I've had a really bad day. Today was awesome: I rocked out onstage and in front of me was a 5 acre pond with a full moon over it. Clouds passed over the moon as we played "Black Sabbath, Black Sabbath." That's a good day right there. You'd have to actually slap my momma to piss me off and she was cremated, so it's impossible.

@ChokeMeDaddy Sounds like your more Satanist than Christian to me :P

That's what they tried to tell me. I say that I can rock the fuck out and still be a Christian. I don't follow the rules of organized religion. Take the book, read it, and come to my own conclusions. No sense in being brainwashed.

@ChokeMeDaddy Wasn't talking about rock and roll. Metal is as satanist as fruitloops.

Evil Fruitloops. Anyway, a bunch of lunatics telling me that something is evil doesn't make it so. I believe that prostitution and weed should be legal. Some people would call that evil, dumb fuckers right there.

@JerryHendrickson Evil Fruitloops. Anyway, a bunch of lunatics telling me that something is evil doesn't make it so. I believe...

Haha you should read the satanist bible sometime I think you'd be surprised how much you have in common with it's world views

@ChokeMeDaddy Haha you should read the satanist bible sometime I think you'd be surprised how much you have in common with it's...

I'm more into God. You'd have to have been here. I'd talk to the guy and he'd just answer that shit.

The only things that are evil are things that do harm to others. Any of this Old Testament shit died on the Cross.

@2647512

I just didn't let the church dictate my relationship with God. Who in the Hell do they think they are actually? They say "Thou Shalt not Judge" as they judge? Everyone judges, it is 100%, absolutely impossible not to.
I figure, I just need to do what I think is right. Forget what anyone else thinks is right or wrong.

@2647512

There are definitely some people who need to be harmed. Chopping off the heads of innocent people because they don't agree with their religion. Insane.