So I kissed a girl in public....and some jerkwad gave me a pamphlet on Christian views of homosexuality. If there was a religion where straight marriage was sinful and someone gave you a pamphlet on it.....would it change your mind? No! So what exactly was supposed to be accomplished here? I kept it as a joke It's like a Jack Chick Tract.

Image for post So I kissed a girl in public....and some jerkwad gave me a pamphlet on Christian views of homosexuality. If there was a religion where straight marriage was sinful and someone gave you a pamphlet on it.....would it change your mind? No! So what exactly was supposed to be accomplished here? I kept it as a joke It's like a Jack Chick Tract.
TomboyJanets avatar Religion
7 22

The more gay couples show PDA the better. It will get everyone used to it...and they won't react and be startled.

Everyone knows it's happening...the more it becomes commonplace the more dull and boring it will be...and the better for everyone.

Is there a factor where gays might actually like the attention of shock value?

I dunno...it gives people something to talk about and rant about...it could be something to share...? Misery loves company...etc.

I dislike PDA unless it's for pets. Ha!

@Sukiesnow The more gay couples show PDA the better. It will get everyone used to it...and they won't react and be...

I love getting these pamphlets I keep a bunch of them together in a special spot to read when I need a good lol

@2490473

You guys are paving the way for future generations.

@2490473

had i kept going to church I bet i would be thrown out

@2490665

the unfortunate thing about this is that some people see this as the underdog striking a blow against the gay empire or some shit like that. When it's really just an excuse to feel like you're better than someone else

As a Christian, I don’t celebrate homosexual practice, I acknowledge God’s clear revealed word that it is sin; and I don’t hate those who embrace homosexuality, I love them enough to not just collapse under the societal pressure. I speak the truth in love into this confusion, saying, simultaneously, “That’s wrong” and “I love you.”

You're welcome!Image in content

@2490850

I agree with you! I came out that I was Gay in 1994. The best thing I ever did was to openly admit that I am Gay. I love my husband! I will kiss him any time I want to, or get the urge to, whether we're in public or in private. We even walk down the street holding hands! If it offends someone, let them look the other way!

First time. We live in a fetish world. Everything is sex. Hugging, or kissing another human has nothing to do with sex. It has nothing to do with homosexuality, or lesbian. I am a true christian. I am aware there are people who go to church and attack others on issuse when they dealing with it their self. Homosexuality is a sin against God. There are people who take it to far. You know that 80 percent of the culture deals with homosexuality and lesbian? I had drama with others going swimming at the pool. You almost naked. The women do not have much on their self. When I go swimming. I not there for the females or males. I there to go swimming. Do you get the picture?

They were just giving you a track. That doesn't make them a "jerk."

@Cezar They were just giving you a track. That doesn't make them a "jerk."

These things are HILARIOUS actually. I ordered a few online I've started to collect them for a good laugh now and then.

If he gave me one of these I'd be thankful especially if it was one I didn't have yet

Back 18 years ago, I was pregnant with my oldest daughter. One of my coworkers told me I was going straight to Hell because I was unwed & pregnant. Gave me all kinds of pamphlets on Christian ways. I won't repeat the kind words I said to him.

Thing is that kinda stuff happens to everyone there ain't no escaping it whether your are straight or not.

@Lil_Princess Back 18 years ago, I was pregnant with my oldest daughter. One of my coworkers told me I was going straight to Hell...

To me it's a form of public nuisance, kinda like noise pollution but in the written form. But on the other hand I really love getting them because It gives me A GREAT laugh! The first one I got a flushed down the toilet, the second one I got I framed, and the rest I have in their own little folder of comedy. Most of them are stuff stuck in my windshield. The Best come from Tony Alamo, the Pedophile Priest, who I believe is still in prison. I often wonder if his little youth brigades handing them out are aware of this. I met one once and he seemed very innocent, like he had no idea what he was perpetuating.

Oh well some people won't stand for anyone kissing in public. I was out omne night my date and i stopped to figure out what to do next and we hugged and kissed some jerk kid yelled get a room. Religious zellots continuosly give you phamplets. If the giver was nice the info somewhat rerasonable i just take it then throw away if the giver wasn't polite and the info against my values, I throw it on the floor right in front of them whoops

I hope that you both had the decency to the church person to join in

I am sorry that happened. I tire of people using Christianity as an excuse and a shield for their bigotry. They give caring, progressive, decent Christians a bad name.