When it came to after school activities, what did you participate in?

I was in 4H, Band, and played Volleyball, Softball, and Basketball until I became ill and couldn't play sports

Image for post When it came to after school activities, what did you participate in?
17% Oh I was in these________ 25% School sports was a must 8% Band because I love music 17% Choir for me 0% 4H cause farming rocks 8% The Drama Club 25% Other
Lil_Princesss avatar Education
8 50
@2495840

For me I was pretty sure that was an extra class hehe smilie

Not to mention Saturday school.

@2495958

I know right...I always got in-school suspension and I tried so hard for the out of school kind hehe smilie

@2495965

That reminded me of a time when my dad had to come to the school and they said "Do you know what your daughter did". All he could do was laugh and say "I am not sure but I am sure I will be proud" hehe smilie

I will never forget the shocked look on the principals face.

@2495985

hehe smiliehehe smiliehehe smilie

Oh that cracked me up.

@2495840

LOL! biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

I thought that would have been Platinum's main after-school activity. hehe smilie

@2495850

Once I left school early because I had a migraine. I had gone to the nurse's office and she said it was ok for my mom to pick me up, but I neglected to sign out in the main office, so I got a week's detention for technically playing hooky. wt smilie

I went to a high school with a good basketball team and an excellent golf team. I couldn't make either varsity squad. Then after my junior year the school was closed, so I spent my senior year at a small, public school. At that school (because it was so small) I made the varsity basketball team, and was their varsity golf team's #1 golfer. We got our asses handed to us on more than one occasion. smile smilie

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge School sports was a must +4Reply
@2495816

I used to work for my mama. She taught me the value of hard work & so thankful she did.

@2495705

Oh I love playing chess. My dad taught me how to play to teach me patience

@2495706

I have always wanted to ski but I can't even walk and chew gum without running in to something hehe smilie

Wrestling was the only sport in which the athletes weren't snooty jocks, so that was the only one that was any fun for me. Other than that, I just wanted to get the hell out of there.

JerryHendricksons avatar JerryHendrickson School sports was a must +3Reply
@Lil_Princess Can't blame ya so did I lol

You were on the WRESTLING team?!?! That's my kind of wrestling team right there.

JerryHendricksons avatar JerryHendrickson School sports was a must +1Reply
@JerryHendrickson You were on the WRESTLING team?!?! That's my kind of wrestling team right there.

No silly I meant I couldn't wait to get out of there hehe smilie

I wasn't no stranger to putting a boy in a headlock though & not even knock my tiara off biggrin smilie

i mostly did things outside of school like soccer and volleyball.

All kinds of things, sports, theatre, band - anything to keep from going home. The day I turned 16, I got a job so everything else, except school, stopped.

@2495804

Oh that is great.

I participated in gymnastics for three and a half years. One day I realized that nobody cared if I did or didn't and it wasn't getting me any friends, so I stopped going.

@2495813

After my health got better I went straight to work, so I completely understand

I wrestled and did some track. For the most part, after school activities involved chores around the farm and daydreaming of getting out of school and that small town.

@JustJimColo I wrestled and did some track. For the most part, after school activities involved chores around the farm and...

I understand that one. I miss the farm life to be honest. It was a lot of work but we always had a lot of fun.

@2513352

I so went to the wrong school crs smilie

Football (school)
Wrestling (school)
Hacky sack
Ultimate Frisbee
biking

Zolfies avatar Zolfie School sports was a must +1Reply

I was in band and drama for a while..

I played baseball and football but not for school..

@DandyDon I was in band and drama for a while.. I played baseball and football but not for school..

I played a lot of neighborhood baseball games. I had to resort to pitcher because every time I hit the ball it went over to the next block and we could never find the ball hehe smilie