+1

Let's pretend you believe in Heaven. Do you think making some major mistakes in life can cut you out from being accepted in Heaven?

Image for post **Let's pretend you believe in Heaven.** //Do you think making some major mistakes in life can cut you out from being accepted in Heaven?//
Sukiesnows avatar Religion
7 27

If one believes in God, and has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, they will enter the kingdom of heaven. We all make mistakes and sin, but Christ died on the Christ to erase our sins....

@StarzAbove If one believes in God, and has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, they will enter the kingdom of...

So if you do something really stupid... It's okay...

I still think everyone appreciates a gift.

@Sukiesnow So if you do something really stupid... It's okay... I still think everyone appreciates a gift.

Just because we are believers doesn't mean we aren't sinners. We try to live right and ask for forgiveness when we do something stupid, or sin.

There's a difference between a mistake, and purposely doing something bad. So, no.

@2495892

I think that word sets people up for a lot in their marriage:

Dear, can you take the garbage out? I do. Dear would you take the dog for a walk? I do. Dear, would you make love to me tonight? I do... LMAO...

@2495923

Lol...or "whenever you like, dear..." ;)

No. Bring a gift.

No I think that people have the opportunity to redeem themselves for past mistakes

I ain't no stranger to making some really stupid ones in my life.

It's something everyone will eventually face. Either the reality of Heaven and Hell, or the reality of neither.

The book of Romans carefully explains that sins don't count any more. Either you believe in Jesus and are saved, or you don't believe and are lost.

@SmartAZ The book of Romans carefully explains that sins don't count any more. Either you believe in Jesus and are saved, or...

How do sins not count anymore? It's a good idea, but who came up with it? Other than you?

@Sukiesnow How do sins not count anymore? It's a good idea, but who came up with it? Other than you?

It is in the bible, written by the apostle Paul. And I am well aware that people usually think they have a better idea.

Are you your Daddy's daughter? Nothing you can do will make you not your daddy's daughter. The creepy neighbor has no claim on you, only your daddy. Likewise, a Christian is born again, a son of God. The devil has no claim. He/She is a son of God forever.

Some of the ones Paul was talking to just didn't get it the "sin" thing.

So he wrote in Romans 6: 1 WHAT shall we say, then? shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. For we that are dead to sin, how shall we live any longer therein? 3 Know you not that all we, who are baptized in Christ Jesus, are baptized in his death? 4 For we are buried together with him by baptism into death; that as Christ is risen from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we also may walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection. 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin may be destroyed, to the end that we may serve sin no longer. 7 For he that is dead is justified from sin.

Salvation is a gift that cannot be earned, but whether we sin or not is still very important.

I disagree in that I don't think you can get into either heaven or hell by accident. I think that wherever you wind up depends on what kind of creature you have made yourself into during this life. Only certain types of things can exist in heaven, the same for hell.

@tomjackson I disagree in that I don't think you can get into either heaven or hell by accident. I think that wherever you...

Sounds like a good plan. I don't think I said "by accident"...

You might find other commenters views interesting....and might want to reply to their comments.

Let's pretend i answered this...

Absolutely nothing wrong with your question. You didn't say "by accident." You said "major mistakes" which simply implies that one may have done something serious without intending to---and that's quite possible. So I included something in my answer that would address that if others interpreted it the same way as I did.

I do believe in heaven, and I've made some huge mistakes, but because I believe that Jesus died for me - Jesus was like the navy SEAL who broke into the prison I was in and rescued me - not because that was his job, but because of love, I am forgiven. In return for that, I try to live a life that honors God. I fail often, but God sees my heart. So, no, I won't be turned away.