Are you planning on planting a garden this year...if so watcha putting in it?

I really wish I had the time to do it because it is so fun...well when someone isn't stealing my veggies it is

Image for post Are you planning on planting a garden this year...if so watcha putting in it?
25% Oh this for sure______ 0% I couldn't grow one if my life depended on it 0% I ain't a farmer 25% Sadly I just don't have the time 50% Other
Lil_Princesss avatar Animals & Nature
3 18

I gave up gardening in the city where I currently live. The soil is just not good enough. (I've used mulch and all the other tricks) The last garden I planted resulted in me paying probably about $4 per tomato and $2 per strawberry.

@JustJimColo I gave up gardening in the city where I currently live. The soil is just not good enough. (I've used mulch and all...

Ouch that ain't good. I live in a farm town and there are areas that are great for that stuff and some that are not so great.

I love going to the farmers market on Saturday morning. They have the best sweet corn which is something I can't get to grow on my property.

@Lil_Princess Ouch that ain't good. I live in a farm town and there are areas that are great for that stuff and some that are not...

If I end up retiring on my farm, I want a big garden. There was an old couple about 5 miles from our farm when I was just a kid growing up. Every year they grew about a 1/4 of an acre of watermelons and pumpkins. When they were ready, they let anyone come and help themselves to all the watermelons and pumpkins they wanted. I think I'd like to do something like that.

@JustJimColo If I end up retiring on my farm, I want a big garden. There was an old couple about 5 miles from our farm when I...

Oh that sounds like a wonderful idea.

There is a couple that lives not to far from me that sets out a stand where you just deposit a dollar in this metal box and get your Watermelons, Corn, and Pumpkins.

I don't eat Watermelon but I was stop each year and get some for the kids or others I know.

My condo doesn't really have a yard. I sometimes grow tomatoes on my balcony, but I don't think I'm up for it this year. I do have a few flowers in the little area surrounding my front steps.

I usually plant some type of heirloom tomatoes and in late fall, I plant garlic.

@Azlotto I usually plant some type of heirloom tomatoes and in late fall, I plant garlic.

I am hoping the soil is pretty good at my new place so I can plant a few things.

@Lil_Princess I am hoping the soil is pretty good at my new place so I can plant a few things.

Soil is terrible here (red clay) so I constructed small raised bed gardens and filled them with rich topsoil.

I hope you have great success with your crop.

No, the soil here won't grow anything but weeds.

@2496174

I am still undecided on one. When I do plant I get robbed. Sad thing is if the people would just come to the door and ask I would gladly give it to them.

@2496192

It is, they only thing I can think of is they really needed it.

Anonymous