Which of these bible Verses do you agree with? If you disagree with any you're going against the teachings of the bible.

All I ask is for ONE person to explain why these verses are good, and if not why you can cherry pick which ones to follow, without just coping out by saying "this is offensive" and getting all PC CJW on me (Christian Justice Warrior)

Image for post Which of these bible Verses do you agree with? If you disagree with any you're going against the teachings of the bible.
0% Exodus 21:7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do. 0% I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. (1 Timothy 2:12) 0% Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. (Psalm 137:9) 0% Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel. (1 Peter 2:18) 8% Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. (Ephesians 5:22) 0% You will be pledged to be married to a woman, but another will take her and rape her.Deuteronomy 28:30-31,35 8% Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material Leviticus 19:19 8% When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall 0% Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves (pro Rape and murder of women as property to damage) Numbers 31:17-18 8% No one whose testicles are crushed or whose penis is cut off shall be admitted to the assembly of the LORD Deuteronomy 23:1 NRSV 69% Other
TomboyJanets avatar Religion
7 43
@2496468

So are you saying that you believe all these verses to be holy? That you think women should be traded like cattle? that babies should be murdered if their parents slight you? Because there is no alternate interpretation here. It is pretty plain on the table. You can't just go na na i can't see im not looking. It's RIGHT THERE! If you believe these references you are pro rape and pro slavery. You also think a female slave is even less than male slave just for the hell of it!

I'm not making these verses up. I've checked and I've looked them up in my bible and in a hotel bible. They are legit.

So what you're telling me here is that you are pro rape because you fear hell. You're telling me your salvation is worth more than a woman's freedom. Just like Abraham's salvation was worth more than his son's life to him.

@2496538

I'm sorry but what the hell does that even mean? I hate when people dodge questions by quoting rhetorical nonsense.

I mean I can do that too. The night is dark and lonely but LO! here comes the sun!

Next time someone asks me to explain my position I should reply with:
It is the last man in the forest who finds the golden apple!

@TomboyJanet I'm sorry but what the hell does that even mean? I hate when people dodge questions by quoting rhetorical nonsense...

what freeranger meant was that you are just seeing it on the surface level, and not 'looking'- delving deep into the hidden meanings.

@TomboyJanet So are you saying that you believe all these verses to be holy? That you think women should be traded like cattle?...

you cant just look it up in the plain text, because alot of bible verses on the surface look outlandish, you should study a jewish bible with all of the commentaries , and you will see the truth behind it.

Okay I am gonna handle this in a more lady like manner than I did the last time.

I was raised in a Christian home and there are versus that I agree with and versus I don't but that does not mean I go against the things my mama taught me or the Bible.

Also you have the right to your opinion like I have the right to mine. I don't feel that God is a baby killer.

There is a part of my life that I don't discuss but today I am gonna make an exception. See I lost a baby years ago but it wasn't God's fault that I lost my baby it was the asshole who caused my miscarriage because he wanted to beat the hell out of me.

Also I will never say I am sorry for who I am. I am a girl and country girl and damn proud of it. I am not some man's property... and I sure they hell ain't broken, damaged, & just tossed to the side by the will of the "almighty male"

Between rape and domestic abuse and mental abuse that I have suffered over the years I refuse to let it turn me in to a hateful and bitter person. I see myself as a survivor.

I am very loved and thankful for the people I have in my life that protect me and are always there for me.

@Lil_Princess Okay I am gonna handle this in a more lady like manner than I did the last time. I was raised in a Christian home...

Ok so if I was still A Christian (no offense but I never intend to be again) I would use the justification that over time leaders have bent the words and rewritten it to suit their needs. Over all these years it would have been so easy for on scribe to just take money from the ruler to write his own beliefs into the latest copies and pass that out to the populace. It would be even easier in a place where most people could not read, to just say "it's always been this way". The Dark ages were a cruel and twisted time where no one was accountable for anything, and fear tactics ruled all. Then there are others who believe that the bible is more metaphor and stories written to explain much more complex events in the terms of ancient man.

Those are not the people I'm aiming at here. I take aim at the evangelical "gays go to hell" Protest at funerals, kind of person. Like The Westboro clan or the 700 club or "pray the gay away". Those are my enemies. IF that doesn't convince you I'd like to introduce you to my girlfriend Ashley who goes to a christian school.

As of the rape, I constantly saw it as a moment where i was powerless, and i view powerlessness as a "back in the kitchen make me a sandwich" enabler. My biggest fear in life is to be submissive and weak, living life entirely as a supporting character for someone else's starring role. I was like I'm strong I can fight boys but no I could not and it makes me so mad.

@TomboyJanet Ok so if I was still A Christian (no offense but I never intend to be again) I would use the justification that...

I was raped also and got pregnant from it,.....and kept the baby. Talk about a tough decision. God gave me a beautiful gift for what I endured. My son is 15, and I cant imagine my life without him. Jesus didnt rape me, a man did. I will never stop believing in Jesus. So you are no longer a Christian? How is satanism working for you? You cannot serve two masters and trust me...If God doesnt bless you, the devil will. Not the way youd want though.

Jaxxis avatar Jaxxi Other +1Reply

Everything in the Old Testament is Judaism, so you're clearly antisemitic. Why do you hate Jews so much? lol

Jesus reformed that philosophy, and His teachings form the philosophical basis of what modern society considers moral and right. That doesn't mean there isn't a lot of wisdom in the OT, there is, but among Christians, OT law is superseded by His teachings.

“Blessed are the humble in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. -Jesus (Matthew 5:3-10)

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ (OT) But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. (NT) He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?" -Jesus (Matthew 5:43-47)

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." -Jesus (Matthew 7:12)

Religion has been used, from forever, to guide the aimless, to justify genocide, to instill morals, to instill hate, to perpetuate love.

Hypocrisy

@Carla Religion has been used, from forever, to guide the aimless, to justify genocide, to instill morals, to instill...

True but what about spirituality? Its engrained in our souls. In every language, when humans see something shocking like a dead body, or a bad car accident, what do we say? WHAT DOES EACH ONE OF US SAY?? ........we say "OH MY GOD"...this is not a fad, a learned response, or slang. This is a reminder from our soul of where we came from. You cant even say something else instead.In the passion of the moment you see something shocking you will say it.

@Jaxxi True but what about spirituality? Its engrained in our souls. In every language, when humans see something shocking...

You....say it.
But you are right, moat have a sense of spitituality.
I find mine in what i am surrounded by

God kills babies! BABY KILLER!! RIGHT TO LIFE! RIGHT TO LIFE! RIGHT TO LIFE!

Also I'm so sorry lord I as a woman tried to be a person instead of the property i truely am to be traded, broken, or disposed of by will of the almighty male!

@TomboyJanet God kills babies! BABY KILLER!! RIGHT TO LIFE! RIGHT TO LIFE! RIGHT TO LIFE! Also I'm so sorry lord I as a woman...

God does not kill babies, Humans do, Eve and Adam cursed human race to disease and bad when they chose evil over good. disease and abortion kills babies, one is a cause of Eve and Adams sin, and even abortion is a result of that, but abortion is murder.

@BetterThanEzra1119 Not this fucking shit again.

"WAWA someone is against my beliefs wawawa" need a soother? haha

abortion is murder and is evil. just as much so as any other genocide in human history.

and its sad that atheist liberal murderers (who don;t even believe in God) blames god for death of babies when ever we bring truth about how abortion is MURDER

@Anonymousmouse "WAWA someone is against my beliefs wawawa" need a soother? haha abortion is murder and is evil. just as much so...

HA. See that, everyone? I made a very ambiguous comment that did not directly respond to the post or its comments or state any specific opinion or argument or insult anyone and I am a greeted with outright judgement that was 100% inaccurate.

Dude, chill. This is why people on this site hate Christians

@BetterThanEzra1119 HA. See that, everyone? I made a very ambiguous comment that did not directly respond to the post or its comments...

wow, lol

what a hypocrite, its ok for you to judge but not for me? hahaha ok then.

so you are deliberately crying over what peopel post just to get their reaction so you can point fingers?

so what the heck did you mean by "not this ***** shit again"?????

@Anonymousmouse wow, lol what a hypocrite, its ok for you to judge but not for me? hahaha ok then. so you are deliberately...

Well, thank you for finally asking! But normally, you're not supposed to judge until after someone is finished stating their point of view, not before. But we'll work on that.

@BetterThanEzra1119 Well, thank you for finally asking! But normally, you're not supposed to judge until after someone is finished...

but you didn't make a full point you just said not this shit again, making a clear judgement on what i said, making YOU THE HYPOCRITE!

to me this is just you waging war against christians because of who knows why.

you still haven;'t made your darn point, so PLEASE get on with it

oh wait what? you claim your favorite book is the bible? haha., so what exactly are you whinning over?

I'm just impressed that you know so much about the bible... smile smilie

I live according to the New Testament. When Jesus came to earth, all the teachings and offerings and sacrifices were no longer necessary. Jesus taught that the most important commandment we needed to live by was to love your brother the same as you love yourself. THAT is all you need to agree with. Or not, its all good with me.

Jaxxis avatar Jaxxi Other +1Reply

To allege that the God of the Bible is some sort of “monster” for ordering Israel to destroy the inhabitants of Canaan exhibits an ignorance of biblical teaching. Those inhabitants were destroyed because of their wickedness (Deuteronomy 9:4; 18:9-14). They were so evil that their Creator no longer could abide their corruption. That they had numerous opportunities to repent is evident from the prophetic books (Nineveh did repent, for example, and for a time stayed the day of destruction). Complaining about Jehovah’s order to destroy innocent children is a vain gesture when one realizes that the children were spared an even worse fate of being reared as slaves under the domination of sin. Instead of having to endure the scourge of a life of immorality and wickedness, these innocents were ushered early into the bliss of Paradise. If the male children had been allowed to mature, they most likely would have followed the pagan ways of their forefathers, and eventually would have taken vengeance on the Israelites. Killing the males not only prevented them from falling into the same abominable sins as their parents, but also kept Israel from having to battle them later.

I don't understand this faith stuff either.

@PhilboydStudge I don't understand this faith stuff either.

Faith stuff? Are you serious? You must worry a lot

@Jaxxi Faith stuff? Are you serious? You must worry a lot

I do worry a lot. How did you know? smile smilie

I was trying to respond in a way that wouldn't offend anyone's sensibilities.

Faith stuff? For instance, how can a Christian believe that Jesus said that it would be easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to go to heaven, and yet not see any problem with making as much money as they can for themselves.

@PhilboydStudge I do worry a lot. How did you know? I was trying to respond in a way that wouldn't offend anyone's...

By a rich man Jesus meant like Rothschild rich, not a man living well...by a rich man He is referring to the wealthy of this world who value money over human life, and give nothing back. To be filthy rich and never help those who struggle or are less fortunate. People sometimes break their own arms by patting themselves on the back when in fact they were blessed. Fortunate. Had help. So to take all the credit and be greedy is wrong. " A greedy man stirs up dissention, but He who trusts in the Lord will prosper." Proverbs 28:25
"A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will be refreshed" proverbs 11:25 The Lord seperates those who are righteous and prosper, and those who are wicked and rich. They are not the same.

@Jaxxi By a rich man Jesus meant like Rothschild rich, not a man living well...by a rich man He is referring to the...

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24 KJV.

I don't know about your interpretation, though you obviously know the Bible better than I do.

Riddle me this then.. Since Jesus was talking about something that would disqualify a person from heaven (and sentence him to an eternity of torment), why wouldn't he have been more specific than just "rich man"?

@PhilboydStudge "And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter...

Just because you dont enter the kingdom of heaven doesnt automatically put you in hell! I may have a nontraditional viewpoint, but Im a spiritual Christian who believes we have freewill when we die as well and that we have many choices of what we can do once dead unless we did things so horrible that we automatically are hellbound. Some of us may decide to come back, some will have unfinished business and stick around, some of us will be stuck in a loop, some will go for heaven, others will go elsewhere but Jesus probably assumed that you had read the Old Testament and knew who He was referring to...and you sir are probably not as rich as the men Jesus is referring to. A rich man is a billionaire. If you are a billionaire, then yeah sir, you might be going to hell,.....OH , and for the record I say what I feel and think without regard of offending anyone. If someone gets offended, then they should put on a helmet and some thick skin. Its not racist if its true....LOL... everyones always so serious all the time. I mean if you cant laugh at yourself,....(hit me up! we will find someone to laugh at you,)

What Maze said.

You need to know the context of all bible verses, and you need to read the commentaries, otherwise it's impossible to truly learn it.
The quote about throwing infants on rocks is one of the rare cases where the bible sounds so brutal, and it's to show how cruel the enemy was that this is our only response, also if you would learn what that particular enemy did, you would see how they did much worse.
The quote about two woven materials is one of a few cases where there is a commandment, which has no apparent reasons. some opinions of why there are such commandments say that its in order to test our love for G-d.
The quote about menstrual impurity is a law that is very conducive to marriage. In many marriages, the spouses will get sick/bored of eachother, but in this way, they have to refrain from marital relations for two weeks, after which, even after years of being married they are excited to be intimate with eachother.

@mmff You need to know the context of all bible verses, and you need to read the commentaries, otherwise it's impossible...

You shouldnt even feel compelled to explain it since its pretty irrelevent since the New Testament. None of the New Testament is listed here,
.,....why not? Find 10 things in the New Testament that Jesus Christ said that believers dont believe....I dont think it can be done.

I only listed things from the old testament, because I am Jewish and that is what I live by

Anonymous