Is it wise to post photos of your family on here or on any other social media site? For security reasons, I would say NO! What are your thoughts?

Image for post Is it wise to post photos of your family on here or on any other social media site?   For security reasons, I would say NO!   What are your thoughts?
58% Not a good idea 27% It's whatever anyone feels secure with. 8% No, too many psychos out there 8% Other
StarzAboves avatar Jokes & Humour
15 60

I wouldn't either.

@Sukiesnow I wouldn't either.

Wise woman. Too many perverts lurking around.

@2497615

I agree 100%, something I would never do.

I don't worry too much about it. If I want to post pics of my family, I will. I am, however, reluctant to give much personal info. That's just me of course. I've been stalked online, but it had nothing to do with posting family pictures.

JPMatthewss avatar JPMatthews It's whatever anyone feels secure with. +2Reply

I wouldn't post a picture of anyone I know including myself. As they say, what goes on the internet, stays on the internet. 99.9% of the time you'll be fine, but it only takes one nasty person to turn your photo into a meme.

OzSurfers avatar OzSurfer Not a good idea +2Reply
@OzSurfer I wouldn't post a picture of anyone I know including myself. As they say, what goes on the internet, stays on the...

I agree. I saw that very thing happen to a good friend of mine on SH. Some guy took her photo and added his, and pretended that they were a couple. She was furious....that was the end of their friendship.

@StarzAbove I agree. I saw that very thing happen to a good friend of mine on SH. Some guy took her photo and added his...

Actually I remember something similar happening there, not sure if it was the picture or some guy telling everyone he and someone else were a couple when they weren't.

@StarzAbove He posted it on his page and out in public for everyone to see.

It sounds very familiar. SH back then was like the wild west of social networking. Some of us had to form our wagons into a circle and check our guns in at the edge of town lol

@StarzAbove lol I like that analogy fits SH to a "T". But it sure was fun, wasn't it?

It was! Going to the mod back then was like.....

"There's been a lot a killin' Mr Dillon" we gotta get out of Dodge...

@OzSurfer It was! Going to the mod back then was like..... "There's been a lot a killin' Mr Dillon" we gotta get out of...

I never knew any of the mods, but when I sent a report I got very fast action, until the last few months before they shut us down. Then no matter what happened, nothing was done about it.

@StarzAbove I never knew any of the mods, but when I sent a report I got very fast action, until the last few months before...

Yes, I think they already knew that the site was coming to an end so they had given up.

@OzSurfer Yes, I think they already knew that the site was coming to an end so they had given up.

They should have told us so we could gather up some emails of our friends. But, it didn't happen, and we've lost some good friends.

@StarzAbove They should have told us so we could gather up some emails of our friends. But, it didn't happen, and we've lost...

I know, I lost a good friend and had no backup method of communication. SH was mean spirited to do that to the members that had supported them all those years. I know we didn't pay to use it, but they could have given us the option to collect friends contact details.

@OzSurfer I know, I lost a good friend and had no backup method of communication. SH was mean spirited to do that to the...

I agree. I often wonder what has happened to some of them. I do correspond with three or four. Remember Sissy? She was one of my best friends, and we still email one another. I sure wish she was on this site.

@StarzAbove I agree. I often wonder what has happened to some of them. I do correspond with three or four. Remember...

Yeah I do remember the name. There are a couple I see on FB, but I don't talk to anyone really except on here.

@OzSurfer Yeah I do remember the name. There are a couple I see on FB, but I don't talk to anyone really except on here.

She is on FB. She always used a butterfly as her avatar, very smart lady and very political. She could put someone in their place without ever getting mad. And she was very articulate.....

@StarzAbove She is on FB. She always used a butterfly as her avatar, very smart lady and very political. She could put...

Sounds like you could benefit from her skills on here. We could do with a few more good members.

@OzSurfer Sounds like you could benefit from her skills on here. We could do with a few more good members.

She always had my back.... I think she thought of me as her daughter....she always called me Sweet Pea. lol

clap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilieclap smilie

For example, let said I was talking about my son in middle school. They did an art project for art class. You see I just using the term middle school. I not using the name of the middle school. When you what to share something about your children. You use just their age and gender. No names. For example, my 11-year-old son is in boys scout. He loves camping in the mountain. No name of the troop, no name of the name of the mountain. This is how we talk on this site.

Bluejays avatar Bluejay Not a good idea +1Reply

I am thinking about putting my real picture up in time once I get to know people. I cant imagine why anyone would come after me. But I ts someything to think about.

GrannyClaycombs avatar GrannyClaycomb It's whatever anyone feels secure with. +2Reply

Total agree that you use nickname of everyone. Do not share direct person information. No photos of family at all. There is many males and females who are sex perverts, fetish people, and fake.

Bluejays avatar Bluejay Not a good idea +2Reply
@2512605

I'm not on FB so I'm not sure how that works. Can friends of other friends see your photo?

I usually keep my pics to a minimum here

It wasn't until recently that I even posted my real pic online both here and on Facebook. If someone chooses to share photos of themselves and loved ones then that is their choice however its not something I would personally do. I have been contacted by a lot...I mean a lot of crazy people recently on FB and do not feel comfortable putting my kids photos on there.

@Lil_Princess It wasn't until recently that I even posted my real pic online both here and on Facebook. If someone chooses to...

We all have to make that judgment of putting our photos on a web site, I choose not to do so mainly for security reasons, and like you, I would definitely not put my kid's pictures out there. There are too many perverts looking for young girls and even boys. It's just a wise thing to do, imo.

@StarzAbove We all have to make that judgment of putting our photos on a web site, I choose not to do so mainly for security...

Oh there sure is. I have seen on new programs about people having the photos of their kids stolen off the internet. Just not a risk I would take.

I don't have a picture of myself on fb if anyone knows me they won't need that. Here it is my picture but from way back.

especially if the photo(s) included GPS information.

PartyOfOnes avatar PartyOfOne Not a good idea +1Reply
@PartyOfOne especially if the photo(s) included GPS information.

One guy had his photo on SH as he was standing by his car. And his license plate was in plain view....so if someone wanted to be mean, well, they could find him for sure.

I barely post mine, I certainly will not post any of my family.

Sofias avatar Sofia Not a good idea +1Reply

No need to show real life to on line people.

I wouldn't do it..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Not a good idea 0Reply
@DandyDon I wouldn't do it..

Wise decision, I wouldn't either.

There have been some people who killed themselves because they couldn't stand the ridicule of their pictures. Very few actually appreciated the brief fame.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/...o-became-memes

SmartAZs avatar SmartAZ Not a good idea 0Reply