Thanks Amirite, for all those nifty CHANGES you have made!!

I wanted to thank Amirite for all of it's hard work and devotion to the new site. It on;y took a year and a half but look at all the swell changes we are enjoying. I especially love being a part of so many groups. Being able to decorate my own profile page, like I do my own home, is a dream come true. The platform is easier to navigate, but with all of the new moderators, who needs that? And talk about those HUGE images that we now can download.The game forum brings out the fun competitiveness in all of us. Please anybody, feel free to chime in about what you have noticed about the NEW SITE. Yes, the genius of making the New Amirite feel much like the Old Amirite, is a talent to be envied.

Image for post Thanks Amirite, for all those nifty CHANGES you have made!!
dru18s avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
5 60
@2497296

It could stand some changes. I hasn't been updated for years. It is the only site I know of, that we have to squint to see an image.

@2497307

I have to click on the image and then I can see it.

This site has all the potential for being a SH. What is doesn't have, is the energy.

@2497314

Dev was saying the images could stand to be larger, but then when you see the new site, our aviators are super tiny. LOL!

I see advertisement, but I am not seeing as much as I use to. no smilie

@2497311

Well that makes sense. I just don't see this happening. I like the platform too, but I think tweaks are necessary. I kinda of wish he hadn't of said anything to us a year ago.

@2497319

Or,it proved more challenging than anyone thought.

@2497332

It's a two way street,John, and you get awful personal when it comes to those barbs of yours.

@2497332

John, im reading along, diggin' the fact that you and dru are being civil.
All good.
Then you throw out the respect card.

I thought i was seeing mutual respect just now.

If you can find just a very small piece of common ground, you can slowly build on that.

Baby steps.......
Sorry, about my eavesdropping

@2497479

A very honest answer, Linnster. We would expect no less from you. :)

I am leaning towards the hoax theory as well. In fact, I am wondering if it is not heading down the SH path.

I will never see the reason for the mass banishing of members as took place early last year.

I think we all feel this way. I saw a brief preview of what it was going to be... Then nothing. I have not been on much these days, to much going on. Oh well, maybe next year😊

@BarbOBarr I think we all feel this way. I saw a brief preview of what it was going to be... Then nothing. I have not been on...

I doubt it. Most likely will see what I saw on Soda Head, which was a flash of light from computers crashing, and then blackness.

What, what, there are changes made? lol I've gotten used to the way things are, so if nothing changes, I'm fine with that.

@2497411

Well then that makes me the exception, because I do want changes. I want groups, larger images, and a game feature, as well as an off the site exchange page, where we don't have to worry about being censored.

It's free; I'm not going to bitch. We get to talk to each other and it doesn't cost us a penny. Amirite doesn't owe us anything.

@JerryHendrickson It's free; I'm not going to bitch. We get to talk to each other and it doesn't cost us a penny. Amirite doesn't...

I didn't say it owe us anything. But I am not the one who brought up changes in this site either.

I think the site itself is just fine, for the most part. Good format, not many 'glitches', and it doesn't cost me anything to use it.

As far the "new" site and all those supposedly great changes? From what I saw of it, it isn't any improvement over this one.

@Piper2 I think the site itself is just fine, for the most part. Good format, not many 'glitches', and it doesn't...

That was just a rough draft.

This site could use some add ons and a few changes, but I agree, it is a good site.

Yes it would be. I hope they come, but if not, this is still a good site.

@2497360

Because I don't want to get into it with you on my own post.

I figured all good things are worth the wait and if there are changes they will come when the time is ready.

Leave it to a progressive to complain how ownership spends it's time and money to give something of value at absolutely no cost what so ever.

@Budwick No, I think I read your post accurately.

No, you didn't. The topic of major changes was brought up by management, and not me.

@Budwick And, YOU are the one bitching about the totally free service.

I am bringing up a topic that was began by management a year ago. Others have done the same. Now deal with it.

@dru18 I am bringing up a topic that was began by management a year ago. Others have done the same. Now deal with it.

Sweetie, I deal with progressive liberals bitching on a daily basis. It's kind of fun pointing it out - deal with that!

@Budwick Sweetie, I deal with progressive liberals bitching on a daily basis. It's kind of fun pointing it out - deal with that!

Um, they weren't 'liberals' doing the "bitching". Unless you want to call John and MM, liberals. I wouldn't.

@Budwick My comment was directed to you. Just you. It's all about you DD!

What's with the "sweetie", Budwick? Are you gay? I don't have a problem with you being so, just that you know that I am not.

Jockeying for the mod position. What a kiss ass.

@dru18 What's with the "sweetie", Budwick? Are you gay? I don't have a problem with you being so, just that you know that...

Sorry, I thought you were a woman!

Don't be jealous of me being a moderator. It's not a glamorous position. Although, I do appreciate the company BMW, and the lunch room! OMG - the food is delicious! But, I'm supposed to read lot's of posts and comments. Some of 'em are yours! So, it's not all a bed of roses.

@Budwick Sorry, I thought you were a woman! Don't be jealous of me being a moderator. It's not a glamorous position...

I am not jealous, but that would explain why you felt the sudden need to come riding to Amirite's defense.

Just don't be the new sheriff in town. We had that once before, and nobody was happy.

@dru18 I am not jealous, but that would explain why you felt the sudden need to come riding to Amirite's defense. Just...

I've been a mod for 48 hours DD. I was defending the site before I was ever considered.

Well DD, you can report to the town folk that you have delivered your warning!Image in content

You didn't clarify - you are a woman, right?

There have been a few changes; but we are still waiting for the major ones.

What do you care? You're hardly ever on here, anyway.

@Sukiesnow There have been a few changes; but we are still waiting for the major ones. What do you care? You're hardly ever...

No, it is true, I don't live on this site, but was told nonetheless that changes were coming.

@dru18 No, it is true, I don't live on this site, but was told nonetheless that changes were coming.

Amirite went down for about 5 - 10 minutes on last week... I think they were working on upgrades...or possibly backing up for the upgrades...

@Sukiesnow Amirite went down for about 5 - 10 minutes on last week... I think they were working on upgrades...or possibly...

When, and IF, it happens, I will gladly stand corrected.

But for now, to quote the 'Who'

"We won't be fooled again"

@dru18 When, and IF, it happens, I will gladly stand corrected. But for now, to quote the 'Who' "We won't be fooled again"

Why can't you just accept what is...and if it changes...accept that, too.

Amirite has Mobile, Touch and Full Site versions... That means they've upgraded at least 2 - 3 times.

@Sukiesnow Why can't you just accept what is...and if it changes...accept that, too. Amirite has Mobile, Touch and Full Site...

LMAO!! Well, that CERTAINLY gains my respect.

Hey Suki, this is my first non political post in months, so why don't you accept that, and move on?

@Sukiesnow Having a life is meaningless.

If you are alive, it's always good to live. Being on a site, 24/7, is not living.

@dru18 If you are alive, it's always good to live. Being on a site, 24/7, is not living.

You're assuming... Just as I am when I'm assuming you have a "life".

@Sukiesnow You're assuming... Just as I am when I'm assuming you have a "life".

"Having a life is meaningless."

Then be a better writer, Suki, and maybe next time we will all understand what you are trying to say.

the changes are phenomenal but to buy that came out of time where I lost interest in the site, and I had a hard time converting former sodahead people's to it ..

Anonymous