Have you or would you take up photography as a hobby?

Okay so I am really interested in doing this as a hobby but have no idea where to start. I have taken an interest in color splash photos they just look amazing.

Image for post Have you or would you take up photography as a hobby?
25% I do it already...here is some tips 6% No thank ya...not interested 19% I am just here for the comments to learn too 50% Other
Lil_Princesss avatar Entertainment & Hobbies
9 50

As a hobby no. But I am the picture taker in the family. At one time my son was interested in photography and we set him up with a dark room in the basement and all the stuff that he needed. But he soon got tired of it. lol

I've dallied in similar modalities and since my standards are too exacting...it's not a comfortable career for me.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow No thank ya...not interested +6Reply

My brotherinlaw is the photographer in the family.

I have taken some good shots, but you need to be vigilant and always be on the lookout for those good shots

I used to have a darkroom setup but gave it away after digital got so good. I do like manipulating pictures and restoring/cleaning up old pictures after they have been digitized.

@Lil_Princess I have read a little on photo manipulation and it seems interesting.

It can be a lot of fun. I added muscles to all the wrestlers on my son's wrestling team once in a team photo, and when my nephew got married, I doctored up some pictures that made the bride look 9 months pregnant.

I would actually love to. I've never been very good at it, but maybe after I'm retired next year, I'll find a good camera and a good coach. a smilie

I take a lot of photo's of the natural environment when I travel. I'm not good at taking pictures of people but occasionally I get some good shots of sunsets or the coast etc. It's a fun hobby and it's a good record of where I've been.

@OzSurfer I take a lot of photo's of the natural environment when I travel. I'm not good at taking pictures of people but...

It seems rather fun. As I have added images to my post I become more and more interested in it.

@2497445

I think our library does but I always seem to work when the have themcrs smilie

@2497493

I need to find my camera cord. I put it up so I wouldn't lose it and well I lost it hehe smilie

@2497542

Glad I ain't alone biggrin smilie

I miss this old style camera I had. It only did B&W photos but my parents took some amazing picture with it. I honestly don't know what happened to it.

I may have been here let me loan this to ya and forgot who got it.

@2497699

hehe smiliebiggrin smilie

Hopefully the giggles do too because I have had them most of the night

I have attempted to pick it up as a hobby a couple of times, but I just haven't be able to stick with it. People don't seem to enjoy the art enough and I didn't love it enough to do it just for me.

@Zolfie I have attempted to pick it up as a hobby a couple of times, but I just haven't be able to stick with it. People...

Most of my hobbies I can't stick with anymore. My mama was really good at it. I was looking at some of here country side photos the other day wishing I could do it the way she did.

I bought a nice Nikon camera a little over a year ago..

I used it for a couple of months, then started realizing i was using my phone camera more, mostly because it was more convenient..

Gave the camera to my brother....

@DandyDon I bought a nice Nikon camera a little over a year ago.. I used it for a couple of months, then started realizing i...

I bought a Kodak Digital Camera but on the video part I can't get the sound to play back unless I put the video on my computer. I believe it is operator error but the operator can't figure out her error hehe smilie

@Lil_Princess I bought a Kodak Digital Camera but on the video part I can't get the sound to play back unless I put the video on...

I know, the camera i bought had so many different features..

If i had seen Bigfoot, i would've had to ask him.."Could you stay still for a few seconds?"

Just stick with using my phone hehe smilie

@2581968

Oh I like that quote. I took some pictures last month of a beautiful butterfly that kept following me. I am very interested in learning more about it. I have been taking photos of just random stuff lately to practice.

@2581981

I found the most beautiful white rabbit that hops through the yard but I seem to never have my camera when he does. He is a goal I have now, I would love to get his picture.

@2581995

I am going to have to look in to getting one of those

@2581992

I am noticing there are some very interesting filters out there

@2581997

I have seen that but haven't tried it out yet

@2582001

I am in. Sounds like a great idea