+12

Chicken: how do you cook it? This is my latest fave question for taxi drivers; I've gotten several interesting recipes...one for Tandoori chicken - (but you need the oven) - What do you do with your chicken?

So...do you marinate it overnight? Or during the day with a spice rub... Some have said it was unnecessary to marinate overnight...But, If you marinate your chicken for however long...is it with orange juice, wine, or vinegar and spices? Do you marinate and then go for an egg dip...followed by a breading in panko or quinoa...or is that too many carbs for you? Chicken, like tofu...can be doctored in many ways... Which is your favourite?

Image for post **Chicken: how do //you// cook it? This is my latest fave question for taxi drivers; I've gotten several interesting recipes...one for Tandoori chicken - (but you need the oven) -** //What do you do with your chicken?//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
9 26

That.. photo..
As if killing it, burning it and eating it wasn't enough of an insult! no smilie

@Sukiesnow I know...the pic has impact... A veg are you?

No, I am not.
I have tried to find a balanced diet where red meats have it's place on Sundays and special occations, but without being Nazi about it.

A vegetarian lifestyle is too extreme for me, though. But bless everyone who are.
Earth needs them l smilie

@Sukiesnow Yes...not so great tho, unless you were born as one...:)

I think it can be challenging, yes.
And it is important to know what you are doing, to make sure you get enough of what the body needs.

@2500981

It's not Kosher, but it may be good Pig Latin chew smilie

@2501150

It is just resting on it's laurels.
If THAT'S not good Latin, what is?

@2501163

Ah, I was never a Marine hehe smilie

It depends on what I am making. I either fry it, grill it (without blowing up the grill hopefully), bake it, marinate it, use a spice rub or bread it.

I love chicken and can make it a 1001 different ways

I marinate chicken if grilling out. Sometimes I fry it.

I find if you marinade whole chichen or chicken breasts too long, the breasts lose their texture. Get kinda mushy.

Chicken is good sooo many ways.

Had sesame chicken last night, with jasmine rice
Mmmmmm........

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply
@2498854

I've got a lot more where that came from. If I cook, it's good. Garlic shrimp over rice with steamed asparagus? Even if you don't like shrimp or asparagus, you'd love it.

I like it just about any way...baked or grilled the most..

Bake it with whatever spices I have on hand and then make chicken soup, chicken pot pie, chicken vegetable pie or spicy chicken tacos with the left overs. You can do just about anything with chicken.

On a rotisserie covered with olive oil, salt, pepper, sage, paprika, and rosemary. I like that the meat stays juicy due to to constant natural marinade and the skin gets nice and crispy.

@JerryHendrickson On a rotisserie covered with olive oil, salt, pepper, sage, paprika, and rosemary. I like that the meat stays...

Any kind of rice and your green vegetable of choice goes great with chicken. A nice garden salad, maybe with a little crushed walnut and sesame seeds, milled black pepper and Italian dressing on the side.

Anonymous