So who believes in personal freedom AND national security?

We have two powerful parties; they both suck. I think the Republicans are better than the Democrats but they also bite the pepperoni. I subscribe to the "Mind your own damn business party's philosophy.

25% Democrats 25% Republicans 0% Neither, that's the Libertarian Creed. 50% Other
JerryHendricksons avatar Politics
5 12
@2499827

And they both want to keep their power - regardless of what is best for America and Americans.

Unfortunately that party never runs for office

@Carla Unfortunately that party never runs for office

They run; they just never win because the media discounts them. They tell us all than only R's and D's can possibly win. We eat it up and just do what they say. We're a nation of television zombies. We don't even begin to think for ourselves.

@2499762

Neither Democrats NOR Republicans.

Americans, minus the politicians on both sides.

Both Republicans and Democrats play national security and personal liberty lip service. For the most part, both have done a good job providing us security. I never worry about being invaded, bombed, coerced, embargoed, etc.. The Atlantic and Pacific oceans also deserve credit.

Regarding personal freedoms, both Republicans and Democrats get failing grades from me. Am I free to do whatever I want on my own property, or even inside my own house? No.

1 out of every 4 prisoners in the world are incarcerated in the "Land of the Free". The US has only 5% of the world's population, but 25% of its prisoners. Also worth noting: While only 13% of the US population is African American they account for 40% of the people behind bars.

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/reports/rates.html
https://www.prisonpolicy.org/global/

I would live to only have 13% of the black population behind bars. The only way that's going to happen is if they only commit 13% of the crimes.

The reason we have so many people in prisons in the US is because we have so many people committing crimes. Cut the crime and it cuts the number in prison.