+6

Do you know you are loved? Apart from family, who pretty much have to love you... Otherwise...do you get that lovin' feeling?

Do you know that you are loved apart from family... Family, pretty much are stuck loving you...but otherwise...do you get that feeling? Or is it totally dependant on family.... Good question, Sukiesnow. One I don't really want to answer...but here goes...

Image for post **Do you know you are loved? Apart from family, who pretty much //have// to love you...** //Otherwise...do you get that lovin' feeling?//
Sukiesnows avatar Life
9 20

I feel loved by family, friends, God, and I doubt a stranger would love me. lol Maybe that stranger standing on the street corner a few minutes ago that I gave a $5 to....maybe she loved me for a few minutes...lol

Apart from my sister that I only get to see every couple of months, there's just acquaintances that I say hello to in passing. Some I'd like to be closer to, even friends with but love is reserved for their own families, kids and partners.

OzSurfers avatar OzSurfer Disagree +3Reply
@2500254

No I'd love to have closer friends but even the guys I grew up with, Thi fa have changed since they got their own families. We used to always do things together, but now they are always busy with their families and say, we must get you around some time, but it doesn't happen. I can't blame them, families hang out with other families and they all talk about their homes, kids, schools etc. Then couples look for other couples. People are great, there are so many I meet that I'd like to be regular friends with but they don't let it get that far. The rare time I meet anyone single, as soon as they meet someone i never hear from them again, and if they're female their partner isn't happy with them having a male friend. I'd love to change the rules but I guess I have to work with what I've got.

@2500292

Thanks and I appreciate the understanding. I think you're right, my past friends still feel the same about our friendship.

And I've had that too, with on and off again friendships based on their relationship status. I have a great friend that I met on SH and we go to the beach and dinners and adventure holidays and can talk for hours etc when she's single, but when she's in a relationship, the guy gets jealous and controlling and we are back to texting occasionally.

People say how great being single is, but the one down side is that you are never going to be the one that your friends leave others for to rush home to.

OzSurfers avatar OzSurfer Disagree +2Reply
@2500318

I'm sorry to hear you went through that, I lost my partner to breast cancer and it took me completely by surprise. Just knowing someone else understands helps a lot.

@2499937

Well, yes...this is apart from FAMILY... You don't sound convinced?

There has got to be love for anyone apart from family... Of course there is...but comments seem to be uncertain.

Other than my family?

Yes, i have some love....

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

Of course... And remember I said "APART FROM FAMILY..."

Yeah I do. I didn't used to but Now I rebuilt

Because I am love I am Life Second Chance then when I meet people or talk to him in the get to know me I leave a piece of me with them then it never leaves a gross and spreads there might be a handful of people in my whole life and I count on one hand they can say something negative about me but most everybody remembers me and has nothing but love and admiration fry return the same to each and everyone

Oh I sure do feel love. I feel it here from y'all, I feel it at work, pretty much everywhere and all of it is greatly appreciated. l smilie