California's golden law, one that most of us grew up being taught, Treat each others that way you want to be treated, what happened to that? What happened to respecting each others? What happened to the UNITED States? What happened to America?

Are we still united? When there are people dissing upon each other, for being labelled gay, lesbian, black, hispanic, muslim, and more. Respect? We are tearing each other apart and traumatizing each other, causing us to turn against each other. The president shouldn't build a wall or ban travel, he needs to use his power and change the media, so we, the Americans, can improve upon ourselves and change ourselves and each other to fight for what is right, no one is perfect, but the best we can do is improve ourselves, so we could be the best we can be. So, our children and their children don't have to suffer what we suffered and every effort our ancestors made doesn't have to be in vain. I don't deny that I have disrespected others, I apologize and I am willing to change myself, but will you?

Strawberrymuffins avatar Countries & Places
3 16

It's very simple, Donald Trump was elected president. He lies, cheats, mocks the disabled, so now if he can do it, people think they can as well.

Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

It's first because God is the God of rightness. If you don't put rightness first, it doesn't matter much what you do instead.

BTW, California's golden law is "Bring money!"

I too have made statements that I am not so proud of but I have been changing that. You made a really good statement.

People want the wrong things, power, money, fame, so they 'do unto others' what they think others should do to others: subjugate, swindle and pander.

What we should do is treat others they way they want to be treated, not the way we want to be treated.

BTW, that's not California's golden rule. The 'golden rule' as you said, comes from the Bible.

@beachbum BTW, that's not California's golden rule. The 'golden rule' as you said, comes from the Bible.

It may have been extracted from the bible, idk, I never read the bible. However, since idk how long, Californians have been using it as our own golden rule.

@Strawberrymuffin It may have been extracted from the bible, idk, I never read the bible. However, since idk how long, Californians...

That may be, but I was just pointing out the expression did originate in California - it's thousands of years old.

Racism,sexism,xenophobia,and class warfare happened.

California's golden law is "Bring money."

Obama happened.The great divider.