+2

You can get married to one person...or another. What's the difference?

Someone once told me once they could get married to ANYONE...and make it work... If that's the case...what's the diff between one person and another?

Image for post **You can get married to one person...or another.** //What's the difference?//
Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
6 26

They are very wrong. Even if you love someone deeply, marriage is very hard and not something to enter into lightly.

@StarzAbove They are very wrong. Even if you love someone deeply, marriage is very hard and not something to enter into lightly.

So.... You married Mr. X... Suppose you married Mr. B...instead... What would be the diff?

The Iove you have initially can fade... You still have to work out the nuts and bolts of living together...why can't that be done with someone else?

The same arguments have been presented regarding arranged marriages...and most of them have been successful...and apparently have less divorce rate than free marriages......

If both partners are in agreement and willing...why couldn't I marry...say Markymark and vow to turn that marriage into a success?

LoL... It would just mean that I'd have to practically live at the gd gym...ha.

I could marry OzSurfer and I know we'd have a fun marriage...

@Sukiesnow So.... You married Mr. X... Suppose you married Mr. B...instead... What would be the diff? The Iove you have...

I married Mr. X because I loved him. Why marry anyone just to be married, doesn't make any sense to me.

Hope you and MM have a happy marriage.

@2500746

You might snag The One, hun... If you did...

The difference is the person and what you mean to each other.

@2501479

So that's it for you... Nooooooo... Never say never.

@2501909

I know you are...but you know all those gd Postive sayings on here? They are ALL looking at you as you: Fall off the horse and won't get back on. Have ONE negative experience: and base your WHOLE life on that...etc etc... I could come up with a PAGE of Postitive sayings that will go against your attitude of "dead set against it"....

Okay Markymark...I'm more sympathetic than you might think but still... Seriously?

All it will take is one tiny girl to prove me right...ha.

Wait and see.

Marriage is about love, compassion, honesty, trust, understanding, compromise, and so much more from both parties. If you don't have this with each other a marriage is kinda pointless.

Marriage ain't no walk in park it takes a lot of hard work. My parents were married 29 years before my dad passed away and they had a beautiful marriage.

For someone to say they could marry anyone well that is the opinion but highly doubt they could.

@Lil_Princess Marriage is about love, compassion, honesty, trust, understanding, compromise, and so much more from both parties...

Gosh, Printess... You make marriage sound boring.

At least I know someone reads the Explanations... LoL

@2500722

That's a good comment.

@2500722

I hear ya...sort of like a "dead end" as it were...another "cul-de-sac" in life...

It takes the right effort from the right people to make that turn around... To become something enthusiastic and energetic...where your relationship become more a freeway with on and off ramps...then a cul-de-sac...

Cul-de-sacs can be okay...nothing wrong with them...especially if you have a fun other life to keep some energy going...

@Lil_Princess Oh I probably did but I am okay with that.

If people make marriage sound boring chances are it feels like that to them...be aware...

I make marriage sound like people are stuck...can't move anywhere...can't travel... My parents were stuck on a farm for years...so voilá...hence my perception...

My dad said he never realized...

@Sukiesnow If people make marriage sound boring chances are it feels like that to them...be aware... I make marriage sound...

Personally those things are not boring they are extremely important to me but they might be boring or unimportant to someone else.

My dad did the things he enjoyed and my mama did the things she enjoyed and they had things they did together.

@Lil_Princess Personally those things are not boring they are extremely important to me but they might be boring or unimportant...

Your mom had you kids......meant a lot for her.

@Sukiesnow I hear ya...sort of like a "dead end" as it were...another "cul-de-sac" in life... It takes the right effort from...

I believe marriage can be fun if you have someone who wants to do fun things with you but still give you the space you need.

The difference who can you stand your entire life