You just joined a local art class. Your first project is to paint a picture of anything you want. What would your picture be?

I would paint daisies...actually the probably would look like smashed daisies but it would still be fun.

Image for post You just joined a local art class. Your first project is to paint a picture of anything you want. What would your picture be?
38% I would paint this________ 15% A whole lotta scribble marks 8% A blank canves I am making a statement 0% I'll get back with ya 8% Bigfoot...what else would I paint 31% Other
Lil_Princesss avatar Art
6 34
@2500902

I have a friend that does it and she does some great work. I am impressed with anyone that has such talent to draw and paint anything doesn't matter what it is.

My 14 year old does amazing with drawing people, they look so life like. She was putting her work on a website and people were offering her cash to draw from them. I was really proud of her. Sadly I can't draw a stick figure to save my life.

@Lil_Princess I have a friend that does it and she does some great work. I am impressed with anyone that has such talent to draw...

If you'd like to exercise your creativity...you can...on your posts...access the drawing feature... I access it on the tablet site...if there are some simple basic words...like LOL...that was mine...and that took me a couple of times...LOL

Try it...you might like it and enjoy some sort of creative outlet...let me tell you that being creative online is v. different from real life.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow I would paint this________ +1Reply
@Sukiesnow If you'd like to exercise your creativity...you can...on your posts...access the drawing feature... I access it on...

I will give it a try. I have seen it but I have never utilized it before. It looks rather fun.

Some still life of a bowl with fruit.

I gather they are trying to see what the typical skill level of the group is...is it colour or b/w...?

If they have fruit, pick apples and oranges, grapes are good, too...in a bowl...make sure there are some shadows...too much too soon...right?

Before you go...flip through some pics of what it is you might want to draw.

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow I would paint this________ +4Reply
@Lil_Princess I wish I could do still life drawing

There are some courses you need to leave for the final phases of your life... Art, crocheting and playing golf or mah jhong... (I don't know how to spell it and, my spell check...so gd helpful at other times, isn't being helpful this time...no siree...not one iota...)

There are online courses you can take that are cheap to take...and easy to do, at beginners stage everything is easy.....

@Sukiesnow There are some courses you need to leave for the final phases of your life... Art, crocheting and playing golf or...

I ain't sure if I am spelling it correctly either but I love mahjong. I could play that all day long.

Okay I tried golf once and it didn't go well. It went bad...really bad. In fact when I go with my friends I am just to drive their drunk butts around and sit and look pretty hehe smilie

Oh that was a brilliant idea about the online classes. I am going to have to look and see what is out there.

@2500924

I can't draw either and if I paint I wear most of it hehe smilie

@2500935

Children are naturally creative. It is at about the age of 10 when the reasoning part of their brain kicks in and they deduct that their art is horrible. Most children drop any interest at art at that age...which is why

Most people's level of drawing is that of a 10 year-olds...

Interesting, no? Sad, huh?

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow I would paint this________ +2Reply
@2501016

It's a good story to keep in mind so you can blame that for your lack of artistry....

@2500935

That is exactly my skill level. I am happy I can color inside the lines hehe smilie

For some reason, my first thought was about flying through the air... I was thinking about clouds and a beautiful skies

But I was thinking about a sky like this.

And maybe someone or something flying through it. But that might be too much, especially for the first one and since I struggle with drawing faces... so I'd probably just focus on the sky.

Edit: I think a clothed angel going straight forward (with their back to viewer, like below) going into a beautiful sky is what I was thinking.

Zolfies avatar Zolfie I would paint this________ +3Reply
@Sukiesnow Wouldn't it be fun to be a tattoo artist? And scary, too. Like, oops!

I think it would be more scary for me, because you need to get everything correct the first time and it would need to be straight, with steady hands.

I think I would enjoy making the designs, I'm not sure if I'd love putting them on people, because I'd been too nervous. Can't easy erase any mistakes.

Zolfies avatar Zolfie I would paint this________ +2Reply

It would probably be a peaceful woodland scene .... if only I had the talent. a smilie

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell I would paint this________ +3Reply
@2500923

See I have thought about it too. Either an art class or photography. You are not by yourself I can't draw stick figures to save my life.

My dad was very talent when it came to a brush and canvas and so was my mama. I have no clue why I didn't get any of that talent.

Yeah I was thinking about a pretty sky, though that might be harder to make than I'm thinking, with all the contracting lights, with lights and dark and random cloud movements etc.

@Lil_Princess I could take a picture like that but couldn't draw one.

Maybe after a lot of classes you might be able to. But yeah, I was thinking about a beautiful sky.

Zolfies avatar Zolfie I would paint this________ +1Reply
@2501446

Those are always pretty

probably flowers.

lizardqueens avatar lizardqueen I would paint this________ +1Reply