You have just been selected to stay in the wilderness for a week...How long could your survive before you said "Enough is enough, I am done"? Or could you make it the whole week?

I know me...first spider and I am out of there...so I should last about 15 minutes😒

Image for post You have just been selected to stay in the wilderness for a week...How long could your survive before you said "Enough is enough, I am done"? Or could you make it the whole week?
29% Haha I ain't gonna live 4 hours 43% Entire week...piece of cake 7% Hell no...30 minutes 14% Ok Ok...this long_______________ 7% Other
Lil_Princesss avatar Jokes & Humour
8 37
@2501920

My friends discussed making me do this. I am not to keen on the idea. I love the woods and being in it up until the whole clown fiasco now I don't want nothing to do with the woods.

@2501931

Hey now that I can do hehe smilie

@2501904

I am right there with ya

Just 1 week??

Carlas avatar Carla Entire week...piece of cake +4Reply
@Carla Just 1 week??

Well I was taking in to consideration everyone's busy schedules didn't wanna make it to long hehe smilie

It really depend on which wilderness and what supplies I have? In the national park near me that I know really well, I could survive with minimal clothes and a knife for a week but it'd be really hard, much longer and I'd be really wasted and living off water, snake and wild berries and covered in mud to protect me from insect bites and their diseases and worse, just trying to sleep and avoid ants and snakes sounds like a nightmare. There's about 23 varieties of berries and 18 will make you really sick. Any other wilderness area here and I might survive a week if there was clean water.

These days I'd rather try and survive at the Hilton biggrin smilie

OzSurfers avatar OzSurfer Ok Ok...this long_______________ +4Reply
@Lil_Princess Okay your idea of surviving is way better than mine

The Hilton can be a wilderness too!.. it's like ooh there's no wifi... there's supposed to be wifi??.. how can I survive without wifi?? hehe smilie

OzSurfers avatar OzSurfer Ok Ok...this long_______________ +3Reply

I could do it, i've been camping many times..

Don't know if i want to do it, just to prove i can do it..
When i chose to go camping it's when it's not too hot or cold..

If i have to go out there and battle heat, boiling water to drink, rubbing mud on me to keep mosquitos from eating me alive, like i'm on a survival mission..

Then there needs to be some prize money or i'll pass...lol

I went for four hours. Between not knowing what to eat, what water is safe to drink, predators like large cats, and bears. I don't even know how to use a gun. If I ran across a single predator, I'd be lunch. :)

vegans avatar vegan Haha I ain't gonna live 4 hours +3Reply
@vegan I went for four hours. Between not knowing what to eat, what water is safe to drink, predators like large cats, and...

At least you were being honest and that is all that matters. I really wouldn't know one berry from another so I wouldn't be eating anything. I would be wanting to look them up online.

If there is no prize or nothing to win, then probably anywhere between 5 minutes and 2 hours depending on the temp, bugs, animals and sky... but I enjoy bug free houses with heat and AC. hehe smilie

If there was some sort of huge prize that I really wanted, I could probably last a week if I could get fresh water, and wasn't completely dying from the heat, humidity or the coldness.

Though it would also depend on where, but some placed bugs/insect are a killer... as well as I don't think I'd do well with komodo dragons, big cats or lots of snakes.

@Lil_Princess Ya I don't think I would want to run it to those things either. Heck I run from my own shadow

When I was a mid teen, one halloween I ran from a shadow.

Me and a group of friends, were walking down a very dark street (that I wasn't used to even in the day light)... and there was a dog barking at us (no big deal)...

Based on the sounds, the dog was getting close, and we just ignored it as usually dogs are awesome... but then all of a sudden a dark shadow comes out out from behind tree shadows.

This unhappy barking dog shadow, took up 85% the width of the two lane street... and started charging for us... we looked but couldn't see the dog, so we started to run.

Then of course, the dog's owner was outside and ran over and grabbed the very tiny Pinscher breed dog up off the ground...

We couldn't see the dog, and some how the light was at the right angle where that very tiny dog shadow took up almost the full width of the street.

But we were embarrassed... as we started to run from such a tiny dog...

No hotel?... Maybe a couple of hours....

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Haha I ain't gonna live 4 hours +3Reply
@Sukiesnow No hotel?... Maybe a couple of hours....

Well I heart the Hilton is worse than the wilderness hehe smilie

@Lil_Princess Well I heart the Hilton is worse than the wilderness

I heart the Hilton, too. That is if Paris ever stayed in it...:)

Sukiesnows avatar Sukiesnow Haha I ain't gonna live 4 hours +1Reply
@Sukiesnow I heart the Hilton, too. That is if Paris ever stayed in it...:)

I am more of cabin in the woods kinda person :)

I know a lot of people that like it.

@Lil_Princess I am more of cabin in the woods kinda person :) I know a lot of people that like it.

What if there are bears? This couple built a home up north...and suddenly she realizes there are bears...and she has kids....

@Sukiesnow What if there are bears? This couple built a home up north...and suddenly she realizes there are...

Oh bears??? I didn't think about bears but the next time I stay in a cabin I will be.

That actually would be scary

There are some really beautiful cabins just north of me about 45 minutes away that I plan on staying in by myself one weekend just to get away from the world.

Depends on the amenities offered by the wilderness lodge.

2 days

Jaxxis avatar Jaxxi Ok Ok...this long_______________ +1Reply
Anonymous