+18

Holding Onto Anger Is Like Drinking Poison and Expecting the Other Person to Die – Buddha.

It doesn't do a thing for the other person it only hurts you in the long run

Image for post Holding Onto Anger Is Like Drinking Poison and Expecting the Other Person to Die – Buddha.
Lil_Princesss avatar Politics
9 10
@2501928

That is the best way to do it.

It's good to dissipate anger asap...but sometimes it still takes time - and another person - to get proper closure.

@Lil_Princess Yes indeed it does take time.

You can kill the initial fury of anger easily enough...but you are still stuck with the side effects or left-over grudges...that can take time to unravel...

After my pets died I phoned all the vets we'd been to - about 3 of them - and screamed into the phone about how much I hated them and what charlatans they were...it's true...I wasn't all wrong...they were ineffective and I never got the feeling they knew what they were doing...they never gave me any good advice and I paid them a fortune.

Still...once that was over... I am still stuck with the loss of my pets...and am still inconsolable in grief....that is the part I have to deal with......crying as I type....

@Sukiesnow You can kill the initial fury of anger easily enough...but you are still stuck with the side effects or left-over...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know those little darlings meant the world to you. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through. Reading what you wrote brought me to tears. hug smilie

Yup, got to find a better why to let go of anger and move on at times.

Yes, but this is far too simplistic to be helpful in this day and time.