+10

President Donald Trump made a false statement when he said "biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan", amirite?

Do you agree Trump made a false statement about his electoral college win in relation to Ronald Regan?

Trump falsely claims biggest electoral win since Reagan"I was given that information," the president said. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/02/16/trump-falsely-claims-biggest-electoral-win-since-reagan/98002648/Image for post President Donald Trump made a false statement when he said "biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan", amirite?
vegans avatar Politics
4 49
The voters have decided that vegan is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yes, I think Trump did make a false statement.

//"FACT CHECK:
Pres Trump claims "biggest electoral college win since Ronald Reagan."

Not true. Pres Obama won 332 in 2012."//

http://www.usatoday.com/story/n...agan/98002648/

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are +3Reply
@2502097

I think Donald Trump called Fox News fake news. I'm not the best at politics, so please do not take my word for it.

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@2501997

Yes, but look at the amount of pants on fire lies, 63 or 17%.

Compare that to Mike Pence, 0 or 0% pants of fire lies.

http://www.politifact.com/perso.../donald-trump/
http://www.politifact.com/perso...es/mike-pence/

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are +1Reply

I will never understand his lies about things so insignificant.

Sofias avatar Sofia Yeah You Are +1Reply

Yeah, his statement wasn't even close to being true.

Piper2s avatar Piper2 Yeah You Are +1Reply

Maybe he didn't think he made false statement: The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which low-ability individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability as much higher than it really is.

tomjacksons avatar tomjackson Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2501976

What is the worst thing Obama has done in your opinion?

I always though Obama as the do nothing president, therefore, I find it difficult to take in that Obama left a mess.

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@2502265

Obama did not double the national debt. First, Congress is responsible for passing laws that increase the debt. As I understand the Congress under Obama was more Republican than Democratic.

Second, some of the increases were delayed reactions from the previous president, George W. Bush jr.

Third, the numbers don't add up

// "And the debt also has grown dramatically even when measured as a percentage of the growing economy, from 52 percent of gross domestic product at the end of fiscal year 2009 to just under 74 percent at the end of fiscal 2015, according to the most recent estimate by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office." //

74% is not 100%.

Violent crime decreased.

// "Violent Crime — Homicides and other violent crime have decreased markedly since Obama took office.

According to the FBI’s most recent annual compilation of crime reports published Dec. 14, there were 2,216 fewer murders and deaths from nonnegligent manslaughter in the U.S. during 2014 than in 2008, the year before Obama first took office. That’s a 13 percent reduction in the number of homicides." //

I'm not sure about the Obamacare causing deaths, you provided no sources.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/0...y-2016-update/

@2502879

That's a chart of mass shootings dude

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet Yeah You Are 0Reply
@2503380

It makes sense that everything critical is automatically wrong about trump based hon his say so. Hey I know what if the media Worked for him? wouldn't that just be soo much easier! Much like his idol

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Cezar http://www.vividmaps.com/2016/1...chipelago.html

Did the map you posted have a point relevant to the discussion?

@Cezar Very much.

Care to elaborate?

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@vegan Care to elaborate?

I think he means that those vastly uninhabited areas of the republican parts of the country are larger than the densely populated liberal areas

@vegan Care to elaborate?

Just look at the map. It is self-explanatory.

I know, right? I mean, a goof like that is nothing compared to "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan".

Or, "the ambassador died because of a youtube video."

Now THOSE were some phuckin lies!

@vegan Still Barrack Obama lies less than Trump...

Obama lies 62.3% more than every other American politician - dead or alive, black or white, male, female, other.

@Budwick I made it up! Just like you made up yours.

I didn't make up mine. Donald Trump has made 63 or (17%) pants on fire lies according to politifact.

Obama has made 9 or (2%) pants of fire lies according to the same website.

Trump 123 (33%) false statements.
Obama 71 (12%) false statements.

Trump 72 mostly false
Obama 70 mostly false.

Now the only two categories you could possibly be right is in half true and mostly true. I don't know if you count those as lies or not. In that case Obama does make more half true and mostly true statements than Trump.

Also, if you look at the total statements of Obama versus Trump, you could say that Obama lies more than Trump, if you look at sheer volume in lieu of % and if you include half true and mostly true as lies.

Trump 15 (4%) for true
Obama 123 (21%) true.

In summary, if you look at total volume of non-true statements Obama does lie more than Trump. Yet, if you look at % Trump lies more than Obama. Finally, Trumps lies are a deeper level, more false and pants on fire lies both in volume and %.

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Budwick Vegan, are you for real?

What do you not think politifact.com is legitimate? Politifact is one of the best websites.

"These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biases sources.

Factual Reporting: HIGH"

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/politifact/

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are -1Reply
@vegan What do you not think politifact.com is legitimate? Politifact is one of the best websites. "These sources have...

Politifact bias is well documented.

The New York Times is a big, well known newspaper - it's political bias is also well known.

@Budwick Politifact bias is well documented. The New York Times is a big, well known newspaper - it's political bias is...

Budwick, you seem to make unsubstantiated claim after claim. Yes, the New York Times is bias, but that does not mean they are incorrect. Second, politifact is one of the least bias websites.

Which news source would you recommend instead?

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Budwick What claim have I made that is unsubstantiated?

//"Politifact bias is well documented." // Budwick

//"Just like you made up yours." // Budwick

Are two examples of you making unsubstantiated claims.

@vegan //"Politifact bias is well documented." // Budwick //"Just like you made up yours." // Budwick Are two examples...

Typical lib - gotta edit, delete, modify to skew things your way. What I actually said was - "I made it up! Just like you made up yours."

A bit different in context, wouldn't you say?

@Budwick Typical lib - gotta edit, delete, modify to skew things your way. What I actually said was - "I made it up! Just...

I didn't make up mine though, I substantiated my claim with politifact.com, you claimed I made mine up w/o substantiating your claim.

vegans avatar vegan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@vegan I didn't make up mine though, I substantiated my claim with politifact.com, you claimed I made mine up w/o...

I KNOW I made mine up. And I said politifact is biased. Here check for yourself - "Despite these accolades, there are frequent complaints about PolitiFact's bias."
http://thefederalist.com/2016/1...conservatives/

he just makes shit up you know that! He just sits there and pulls things out of his ass and expects people to believe him