Obama-linked activists have a ‘training manual’ for protesting Trump. Your thoughts?

https://www.facebook.com/notes/...18795201644660 Organizing for Action, a group founded by Obama and featured prominently on his new post-presidency website, is distributing a training manual to anti-Trump activists that advises them to bully GOP lawmakers into backing off support for repealing ObamaCare, curbing immigration from high-risk Islamic nations, and building a border wall. The manual, published with OFA partner “Indivisible,” advises protesters to go into halls quietly so as not to raise alarms, and “grab seats at the front of the room but do not all sit together.” Rather, spread out in pairs to make it seem like the whole room opposes the Republican host’s positions. “This will help reinforce the impression of broad consensus.” It also urges them to ask “hostile” questions — while keeping “a firm hold on the mic” — and loudly boo the the GOP politician if he isn’t “giving you real answers.” “Express your concern [to the event’s hosts] they are giving a platform to pro-Trump authoritarianism, racism, and corruption,” it says. The goal is to make Republicans, even from safe districts, second-guess their support for the Trump agenda, and to prime “the ground for the 2018 midterms when Democrats retake power.” The goal is to make Republicans, even from safe districts, second-guess their support for the Trump agenda. “Even the safest [Republican] will be deeply alarmed by signs of organized opposition,” the document states, “because these actions create the impression that they’re not connected to their district and not listening to their constituents.” After the event, protesters are advised to feed video footage to local and national media. “Unfavorable exchanges caught on video can be devastating” for Republican lawmakers, it says, when “shared through social media and picked up by local and national media.” After protesters gave MSNBC, CNN and the networks footage of their dust-up with Chaffetz, for example, the outlets ran them continuously, forcing Chaffetz to issue statements defending himself. The manual also advises protesters to flood “Trump-friendly” lawmakers’ Hill offices with angry phone calls and emails demanding the resignation of top White House adviser Steve Bannon.

Obama-linked activists have a ‘training manual’ for protesting TrumpAn Obama-tied activist group training tens of thousands of agitators to protest President Trump’s policies plans to hit Republican lawmakers supporting those policies even harder this week, when th…http://nypost.com/2017/02/18/obama-linked-activists-have-a-training-manual-for-protesting-trump/
Mazes avatar
4 19

Awesome. They plagiarized many of these ideas from the tea-party

@VicZinc Awesome. They plagiarized many of these ideas from the tea-party

You are once again incorrect. Deception, thuggery, and bullying has never been part of the Tea Party play book.

@VicZinc I did not see any of those 'techniques' mentioned in the: //Indivisible: A Practical Guide for Resisting the...

That rag is pretty much BS too! Funny though, and organizational pamphlet to start a 'grassroots' movement. What a bunch of maroons!

@Budwick That rag is pretty much BS too! Funny though, and organizational pamphlet to start a 'grassroots' movement. What...

I am sure Maze appreciates your thoughts more than he appreciated mine.

I find it interesting that some people will reject similarities between the right and the left even when the left is giving the right full credit for a good idea.

@VicZinc I am sure Maze appreciates your thoughts more than he appreciated mine. I find it interesting that some people...

Vic, the left has hundreds, maybe thousands of activist groups. Some funded, some actually government supported. NONE of them are grass roots.

@VicZinc Here's one. Many more available...

Mother jones? Really? How fake can you get? This behavior is straight from Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals.

@ozzyboy Mother jones? Really? How fake can you get? This behavior is straight from Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals.

OK

So the tea party movement was successful and also no one knows how they did it.

You win.

So, the source you cite is the opinion of the unofficial spokesman for the scumbags who came up with that dirty ass shit? What does that prove? Do you think that person's word has credibility with me? I already know he's scum, I've seen his playbook. How about showing me the Tea Party version of that, FROM THE TEA PARTY?

@Maze So, the source you cite is the opinion of the unofficial spokesman for the scumbags who came up with that dirty ass...

OK whatever.

I recant.

Everything these people are doing is completely different from everything the tea-party did. The tea-party is a noble grass-root organization with brilliant but unknow strategies and these 'scumbags' are inventing new, untried ways, of protest.

There, happy?

Do they work on contract? Gotta few manuals I need to write for work.

Not surprised in the least bit...

And that's why we should crush them first! puke smilie