+15

An opinion is nothing without other opinions. Amirite?

Image for post **An opinion is nothing without other opinions.** //Amirite?//
Sukiesnows avatar Language
8 13

Very true. Otherwise it just sits there and collects dusts. And dust bunnies are not as cute as one might think biggrin smilie

@2502029

I think it is only as good as the number of votes (both agree and disagree) it generates.

@Sukiesnow But with Amirite...only the Agrees carry any weight...sad...

No. There is this:

on every profile - the true measure of participation

and this:

which include both agrees and disagrees (but only on opinions, not on questions.)

The more people that vote - even disagrees by anons - the higher these participation scores go.

Most importantly they are used for this:
which is the only thing that should matter. No votes means no compatibility ratings.

plus votes (up or down) are meaningless for this:
which is why some people don't care about votes while also claiming they don't care about HOF.

Comments are not measured anywhere. There is no statistic on Amirite that tells you how many comments are posted. I have made inane posts that became a chat-room for members that then filled it with hundreds of comment and not one single vote.

BTW thumbs are something different entirely. They are basically meaningless in all aspects of this 'game'.

@VicZinc No. There is this: on every profile - the true measure of...

Yes...but, on Justin...it is the percentage of Agrees that keeps a post on Justin...even if you only have one agree and NO other comments...your post will stay on Justin...which I don't think is fair....meanwhile...if a post has a lot of play...but some are disagrees...chances are your post will get kicked off of Justin.

@Sukiesnow Yes...but, on Justin...it is the percentage of Agrees that keeps a post on Justin...even if you only have...

Not true.

Justin rolls. New at top, older postes get pushed to next page. Posts never drop off justin, they get pushed down by new posts.

Posts with a lot of votes, agree or disagree, get homepaged faster than less popular posts. Comments don't count at all just votes and HP flags.

@VicZinc Not true. Justin rolls. New at top, older postes get pushed to next page. Posts never drop off justin, they get...

I've had a high disagree rate on Justin today....with NO red disagrees I've had a 78% of disagrees without any opinions justifying them...go on some of my today posts...as I've been talking about it...

On my profile and then on my posts of today...especially the one I had on fruit.... Who disagrees about fruit for crying out loud?

Go on that post and you'll see what I mean.....

And I don't see any number justifying the disagrees...either.

That's what votes are for. A quick way to give your opinion of the opinion.

if one opinion is strong enough it could change other opinions so every opinion is worth something.

Jaxxis avatar Jaxxi Disagree +1Reply

Correct, you have to have a couple of different opinions to mean something.

@2502476

Which is why you live out in the middle of nowhere....:)