-24

So we rid the nation of all illegal immigrants. Who is going to harvest the nations crops? If wages become competitive, who will be able to afford to purchase produce? If you dont think thats an issue, talk to a produce farmer

Carlas avatar Language
7 17
@2504183

Oh, i know. Orchard and vineyard owners just recently met here to discuss the impact. I didnt read about the conclusions they came to, but it is an issue.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply

don't worry he has a super secret mystery plan he wont tell anyone for some reason and it's gonna be terrific! It's gonna beget terror

Sounds like a good job for the crazy person with a disagree button fetish hehe smilie

If we get rid of illegal immigrants, the crops will be harvested by "legal immigrants" and citizens. Only 4% of illegals are even involved in agriculture. If the farmer has to pay an additional 50 cents an hour, it's the cost of doing business just like any other business.

Wow! This post is the definition of soft bigotry of low expectations!

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick Wow! This post is the definition of soft bigotry of low expectations!

Nice try bud. But no, no bigotry. Reality.
The labor fiece here is weak. Fast food jounts paying $11/hr. Our farmers depend on migrant workers. Its reality. Many are illegal. That too is reality.

Why do think california is fighting so hard?
Very few have the hard work ethic or inclination to work in the fields.

Just how it is.

I do have low expectations, for this administration.

@Carla Nice try bud. But no, no bigotry. Reality. The labor fiece here is weak. Fast food jounts paying $11/hr. Our...

Sure, I get it. Your comment that your work force has no work ethic rings like a total endorsement! [sarcasm]

Suppose you're right for a moment. Let's suppose the only people that can successfully pick fruits and vegetables are Mexicans. Would it make a difference if they were legal immigrants? As legals, they would command a higher wage, but would be paying taxes and social security - actually contributing to society; unlike your 'weak labor force without work ethics'. With greater income, they could improve their station in life, actually take a stab at the American dream.

You got a problem with that?

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +2Reply

The weak labor force, means there are no people to fill these jobs.

Okay, lets have it your way.

Food costs will skyrocket, crops will go unharvested.

Good luck

@Carla The weak labor force, means there are no people to fill these jobs. Okay, lets have it your way. Food costs will...

So, screw the actual betterment of people! Let's keep the lettuce cheap!

Carla, that point of view is so stereotypical progressive. The group that claims to be all about the little guy. But when push comes to shove, ... phuck 'em!

Again, why do the workers have to be illegal immigrants?

@Budwick So, screw the actual betterment of people! Let's keep the lettuce cheap! Carla, that point of view is so...

Because it takes forever, many are turned down. Many, many more are poorly educated.

They choose to come here to work these jobs, that no one here wants.

My mother picked cotton, beside migrant workers. Her (my) family moved to oregon to pick, i think, apples.

So i AM the little guy.

Your and your parties reasoning, is, well, unreasonable.

Btw, how much money is going to be spent for "camps" to hold these deportees?

Next comes the registery.

And if you think it is just lettuce? You are sadly, sadly mistaken.
Tbis can, and may, put even more small farmers under.
Prime for farming conglomerates to scoop in.

@Carla Because it takes forever, many are turned down. Many, many more are poorly educated. They choose to come here to...

There's no question that ignoring the issue for decades has exacerbated the problem. Do you think ignoring longer will improve the education opportunities for immigrants?

I assume you mean that citizenship takes forever. Of course it doesn't take forever. But, these people could simply work here legally - they don't have to become citizens.

You think the reason immigrants come here is to take jobs no one else wants? They wouldn't accept a job less tasking? I don't think you meant what you wrote.

Nearly everyone is the little guy. We all need a voice.

Carla, you of all people, why would you fight against something that holds great prom's for immigrants instead of keeping them stuck in illegal labor that leads no where?

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +1Reply
@Budwick There's no question that ignoring the issue for decades has exacerbated the problem. Do you think ignoring longer...

So you believe that thousands of people can come to the border gates and get a work visa.

The money these workers make goes miles at home(where they send most of it)

And yes, they do come here to perform that labor. The farmers provide housing and food and pay.

When you come up with a better system, that provides all the trappings of the main stream workforce, without bancrupting farmers, without driving food costs into the stratosphere. You lay that out.

@Carla So you believe that thousands of people can come to the border gates and get a work visa. The money these workers...

I don't think they issue work permits or visas at the border gates.

I know if I were an illegal immigrant looking to stay, I think I would get started on what ever the process is to become legal now, rather than later.

It appears that the good time Charlie, Rock and Roll party is coming to close Carla. The number of illegals in the country has gone unchecked for too long. The opportunities for terrorists to come in is a concern. So, despite your long wait for green cards and the price of vegetables, the citizens of the country feel the safety, security and sovereignty of the country is more important.

So, I am dismissing your challenge to work out a plan better to your liking. Illegals aren't supposed to be here anyway. A little gratitude could go a long way, Carla.

@Budwick I don't think they issue work permits or visas at the border gates. I know if I were an illegal immigrant looking...

Just curious as to what happens when they demand the $15 an hour for minimum wage. What will be the argument for high priced produce then? At 15 an hour, you'll have Americans with college degrees wanting to pick produce. I find it ironic that while the left demand $15 an hour for a living wage, they also demand we allow criminal aliens to be allowed into our country so they can work for 10 an hour. (without paying taxes or for heath care, or housing, or anything else)
Some things just don't make any sense.

Anonymous