+16

Think about what it will be like when you don't have a mom anymore.... Think about what it will be like when you don't have a dad anymore... Do you feel that emptiness? Go spend time with your mom and dad.

I have regrets. I sure wish that I could spend even one more day with them. When they're gone; it's too late. I'm left with my regrets; you need not be. Go see your mom and dad.

Image for post Think about what it will be like when you don't have a mom anymore.... Think about what it will be like when you don't have a dad anymore... Do you feel that emptiness? Go spend time with your mom and dad.
JerryHendricksons avatar Life
10 15
@2505370

We were ALL difficult kids to raise......

Yes...but it still doesn't mean there might not be regrets; there might be regrets no matter how much you visit them.

Both my parents are gone - have been for decades. Yeah, it's pretty unsettling to lose a parent. They were like my foundation, even in early adulthood. When they passed, it was emotionally shattering.

By all means, mt advice to anyone would be to stay in touch with family. Don't let today's missed opportunities become tomorrows regrets.

I agree. Been without my Dad for over 20 years and know the time is coming son for my Mom. How can you tell people to not let the time slip away that they can have with them?

@JustJimColo I agree. Been without my Dad for over 20 years and know the time is coming son for my Mom. How can you tell people...

I can only tell them that it really hurts when you come upon the realization that you no longer have any parents. Your parents occupy a huge part of your heart. When they leave, that part of your heart leaves with them. A lonely void is left. If you waste a minute, it's gone forever.

@2505330

Your children? Man.... I can feel actual physical pain from the loss of my parents.. You lost 2 children? That is so terrible. What is your actual name?

I too, am sorry for your loss.

Lost my father in 1969.

Made promises to my mother, and i have kept them.
That is the best i can do.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply

I really wish I could. I lost my dad in 2007 and my mama in 2012. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss them dearly. I have had many regrets, things I wish I had done, things I wish I hadn't done while they were here.

There is an emptiness in my heart that will never be filled. My mama was my best friend. Someone I could call at 2am just to talk or she would call me at 2a for the same reason. She taught me about love, understanding, and compassion. She just wasn't my mama but my hero.I sadly got to watch my mama slowly pass away. For 36 days I sat by her side except while at work. Each day she would slip away, not being able to talk, or smile, or laugh, or walk. My heart is still broken.

She didn't have a bit of hate in heart. She loved everyone and everyone loved her. Even people that did her wrong, she still was kind to them. I try my best to be like her but its not an easy tasks.

So true. I lost both of my parents within the past 10 years.

I have a few regrets. I feel I didn't thank them enough for all that they did for me. Also, I often wish I could ask them questions. Unfortunately, there's no way to truly appreciate the finality of their passing until it happens to you.

My mom,dad and brother passed away.We were always a close family.

Be grateful if you ever had a mom and dad. My father usually couldn't remember my name. My mother would not admit that she loved me, even when I cooked for her the last six years of her life. Her friends would say how happy she must be to have a son at home and she would tell them no, she didn't care.

Anonymous