Mcflys avatar Politics
6 11

No president likes the press. However, I don't recall any president in my lifetime attacking the press as the Trump administration has. I find this very troubling.

I believe Senator McCain was spot on when he was interviews by NBC "Meet the Press" host Chuck Todd.

Todd: Do you believe the press is the enemy? Do you believe any group of Americans are the enemy of another group of Americans?

McCain: I hate the press. I hate you especially (he said jokingly), but the fact is, we need you. We need a free press. We must have it. It's vital. If you want to preserve -- I'm very serious now. If you want to preserve democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and many times adversarial press. And without it, I'm afraid that we would lose so much of our individual liberties over time. That's how dictators get started.

McCain then added that he is not saying that Trump is a dictator.

@PhilboydStudge No president likes the press. However, I don't recall any president in my lifetime attacking the press as the...

I would have liked to have heard McCain say, yes Trump is on his way to becoming a dictator, which I definitely think he is. He's trying to suppress the truth with the press and the intelligence agencies. People need to wake up soon before it's too late, and more of our freedoms will be taken away.

Suppressing the press, dissing the judicial system, the first signs of a dictator. People better wake up and stop this monster before it's too late. This is exactly how Hitler got started.

@2506623

Thanks for the comment. I don't ever remember hearing too much about that. It makes me feel a little better about what the White House just did. A little.

Sorry, mcfly
I posted the same story.
I should have looked
I think it is unacceptabe

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@2506668

It seems he doesnt have to cover his lies.
His people just make excuses for him/them.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply

A free press is great, a truthful one would be the best for America. The media needs to be called out because no one can believe a word they say anymore.
Read a story that only give half the truth. People are disgusted with this crummy treatment of Americans and the new president. I think Americans did itself a favor to hire Trump, as he is the only one who could straighten this mess out.

Anonymous