-4

Do you agree that LEGAL immigrants are undermining the system of US and the entire Western civilization? Again, I mean those who are legal to be in the US, not those who can be deported by Trump. Here is some background and feel free to read or skip it. ------ I am a Chinese immigrant, and I am grateful that the Western society can accept me and let me in. However, after I listened to many "Alt right" speeches given by Richard Spencer, Milo and else, I just generated a thought that their arguments on this topic may be valid. ### Of course, Spencer's arguments are obviously flawed in that white people's glorious history does not guarantee a privileged present. Millionaires do not always give birth to millionaires. But I understand whites' feelings. In China there are such problems too and people are more conservative towards immigrants. ### US is different than China and than Europe because whites and blacks are all immigrants at first. I just happened to be an Asian in America, and I am not leaving the "white" country nor going back to China. But here I just want to discuss this topic and discover what really in your minds

wangguanrockys avatar Politics
0 23
The voters have decided that wangguanrocky is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

No idea what you're going on about..
I get the feeling it's an attempt to stir and season the pot..

No one ever said anything negative about LEGAL immigrants..

It's not hard to understand...

LEGAL immigrants and ILLEGAL immigrants are two different things..

@DandyDon No idea what you're going on about.. I get the feeling it's an attempt to stir and season the pot.. No one ever...

Doesn't matter, your not knowing means such thoughts are not pervasive.

I was about to post a video link here but I'd rather not to do it now. Just search Richard Spencer talks to Al Jazeera

@2507239

So their rationale is like this: white people founded the US and they have the most glorious history in the world. By the good old time, the US was a "white country". However, the immigrants, legal or illegal, are taking the advantage of the white legacy and created lots of complication in demography and social problems, and the Western culture is being undermined by the immigrants from different cultures. Had there been only white people, there would not be so many problems in the US for now, and US culture would still be white-dominated.

I just want to see how many people here really hold the same opinion as the altright. ### Their opinion is not totally flawed in that white people did create great masterpieces for the human race, and complicated demography can undermine the harmony to some extent. However, the greater their ancestors are, the loser they are now.

@2507493

No it's not. I agree

The US is a nation of immigrants. It is the entire basis of its existence. Anyone who can take a stance against immigration does not understand American history.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree +2Reply
@VicZinc Such as?

I'll give you a hint, Vic.

It starts with a 'C', and is based on Enlightenment values.

If you don't get it now, go back to school, a good one this time. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell I'll give you a hint, Vic. It starts with a 'C', and is based on Enlightenment values. If you don't get it now...

Nope. It is almost certain that not one person living in the US today is descend from humanoids that evolved on this continent. Everyone including the so-called 'natives' immigrated from another continent. There would most likely be no humans at all in the Americas had they not immigrated here.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree 0Reply
@VicZinc Nope. It is almost certain that not one person living in the US today is descend from humanoids that evolved on...

So what?

You could just as well say EVERY country on every inhabited continent except Africa was populated by immigrants, but that's not what distinguishes the USA, nor is immigration its ENTIRE basis, as you have now gotten wrong twice. biggrin smilie

You might care to ponder why, say, Iran and North Korea do not get a lot of immigration. biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell So what? You could just as well say EVERY country on every inhabited continent except Africa was populated by...

I would say that except the question is about the US. I said 'existence' not whatever you are on about. Sure there are a lot of facets to the US culture but it's existence is based entirely on immigration.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree 0Reply
@VicZinc I would say that except the question is about the US. I said 'existence' not whatever you are on about. Sure...

You're wrong yet again, Vic. biggrin smilie

Immigration is a trivially necessary condition for its existence (as it is for nearly any other country), but immigration is not a sufficient condition for the ENTIRE existence of the US as it stands.

Other factors distinguish the US.

Have you thought about Iran and North Korea, or (closer to home) Cuba, perchance? biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell You're wrong yet again, Vic. Immigration is a trivially necessary condition for its existence (as it...

You are wrong. It is not trivially necessary it is essentially necessary. I agree it is not sufficient but it is the basis. Without immigrants there is no possibility of its existence.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree 0Reply
@VicZinc You are wrong. It is not trivially necessary it is essentially necessary. I agree it is not sufficient but it is...

You might as well say that if there were no source of fresh water, there would be no possibility of its existence.

It's trivial because it makes no distinction between the US and any other immigrant country.

Have you thought about Iran and North Korea, or (closer to home) Cuba, perchance? biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell You might as well say that if there were no source of fresh water, there would be no possibility of its...

I don't intend to. My comment stands as undisputed. America as a country doesn't exist without immigrants.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree 0Reply
@VicZinc I don't intend to. My comment stands as undisputed. America as a country doesn't exist without immigrants.

And it wouldn't exist if it had no source of fresh water either.

The triviality of your comment stands undisputed. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell And it wouldn't exist if it had no source of fresh water either. The triviality of your comment stands undisputed...

That's nonsense. People are resourceful. Water can be purified. Species don't spontaneously generate.

I won't continue with this silly dispute.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree 0Reply
@VicZinc That's nonsense. People are resourceful. Water can be purified. Species don't spontaneously generate. I won't...

Oh, yes, why didn't I think of that?

If the Americas had had no source of fresh water, the Asians who crossed the Alaskan land bridge would have set up desalinization plants. biggrin smilie

Congrats, Vic, you did it again. biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

Legal immigrants who assimilate are NOT the problem - they are welcomed.

I do not feel LEGAL immigrants undermine our system in the US, they add to it!

Seonags avatar Seonag Disagree 0Reply
Anonymous