Should an elephant shower everyday? How would you like that to be your responsibility?

Image for post **Should an elephant shower everyday?** //How would you like that to be your responsibility?//
Sukiesnows avatar Animals & Nature
9 27

If i carried my shower head with me, i reckon it would be no trouble

@Carla If i carried my shower head with me, i reckon it would be no trouble

And then after the shower...the elephant...shall we say: Ollie?
needs a ton of Neutrogena body lotion to soften that dry scaly pachyderm....;)

I wonder if Ollie ever farts....

I don't have to be around them but if i did, i wouldn't like smelling crap all day..

@Carla Im sure its like cows and horses, you get used to it.

Oh i'm sure...

The problem is, you start getting used to that making yourself smell like a big poop patty..

An elephants droppings equals...2 cows and a horses droppings.
If you're around that all day..you'll start getting used to it but your clothes will get saturated..

You stop at the store to get a snack, wondering why people are squinting there noses, making funny faces..

Kind of like the guy that works at the city dump..
Sitting on a dozer, atop a pile of fermenting ooze...

Eating his lunch, while my eyes are watering and i'm trying to get out of there quick as i can, so i don't gag..

If I worked in a zoo, and that was my job, I'd get out the hose and wash them down. lol

If the elephant(s) is(are) nice, sweet and easy to work with, then it sounds like a very fun responsibility... if they enjoy the shower and don't get mad when it ends, then it could be a very fun time.

@Zolfie If the elephant(s) is(are) nice, sweet and easy to work with, then it sounds like a very fun responsibility... if...

Mad? I forgot about that... Or they could remember one day, like, 20 years from now.... And unleash their anger unexpectedly....

@Sukiesnow Mad? I forgot about that... Or they could remember one day, like, 20 years from now.... And unleash their anger...

Yeah, if they don't like being bossed around, they could be much much more than a handful.

Purely from a biological perspective even for people it's not healthy to shower too often let alone for animals

@Sunny_the_skeptic Purely from a biological perspective even for people it's not healthy to shower too often let alone for animals

Every day is a good standard...but for animals...I might say every 3 months....with soap...

However with elephants...their skin could use a shower probably once a day...keeping them refreshed....

@Sukiesnow Every day is a good standard...but for animals...I might say every 3 months....with soap... However with...

My logic is that animals were ok without showers for millions of years before we came along, so they will be ok now as well.

@Sukiesnow They had a lot of ponds and safe lakes.... Elephants can swim...did you know that?

Yes I do, animals have developed all kinda of behaviors to keep themselves clean and safe trough out the millennia

@2509849

Exciting...as you are...

But the rhyming post is underneath this one...on my first page of posts...it has a pic of some scrabble blocks on it....

And I'm sure you are an expert in scrabble, too...:)

Elephants cover themselves with dust to prevent sunburn. If you wash it off, you just have to put on fresh dust.

To what? Shower everyday? I do that already.

elephants should be free to shower swim and live as they want - unfortunately people make it impossible by killing them for no good reason. PEOPLE SUCK!

Anonymous