+6

I thought Trump's speech tonight was pretty good. He sounded a bit like Obama and his ideas were very liberal. I hope he can do what he claims he wants to do. Spending $1 Trillion on infrastructure, providing paid family leave, lowering the cost of pharmaceuticals, covering pre-existing conditions, allowing health care across state lines, a federal program for education, these are all very progressive ideals. Make it happen.

VicZincs avatar People & Celebrities
5 29

I think he was talking out of both sides of his mouth.

I would like to know how he expects to pay for his grand plans.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +5Reply
@Carla I think he was talking out of both sides of his mouth. I would like to know how he expects to pay for his grand plans.

Not a lot of depth, but these never are. If he can get the Republicans to support the spending and the health-care guarantees we will be far better off than if he just let's them slash-and-burn with their usual scorched earth policy.

@VicZinc Not a lot of depth, but these never are. If he can get the Republicans to support the spending and the health-care...

That is the glutch.

His speach seemed an attempt to reach out to his detractors. But it doesnt match his campaign and inaugeral rhetoric.

His tone was entirely different.

I have said, over and over, that i beluwve him to have a severe narcissistic personality. I think this speach was aimed at his poll numbers.

Having the lowest approval rate in history, really is intolerable to him.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +2Reply
@Carla That is the glutch. His speach seemed an attempt to reach out to his detractors. But it doesnt match his campaign...

Very likely. Did anyone else notice he made all his minions wear identical blue ties? Like a bunch of bride's maids.

And blue? A veiled attempt to make them look more liberal.

If I were still teaching univerity classes in rhetoric, propoganda and persuasion I would give this speech an A+

@VicZinc Very likely. Did anyone else notice he made all his minions wear identical blue ties? Like a bunch of bride's...

I noticed. Also he was out of uniform.

I knew you were far more than the averge internet fellow

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla I noticed. Also he was out of uniform. I knew you were far more than the averge internet fellow

Nothing will change, he just said what he thought people wanted to hear....and Congress will never approve the billions he wants to spend on the military, the Wall, which will never be built. He was just blowing hot air as usual.

And I'm sure tonight if someone disagrees with him, out will come the crap about fake news, etc. And his thumbs will become numb from tweeting.

You taught rhetoric, propaganda and persuasion, Vic?

I'm not at all surprised. biggrin smilie

Where did you teach? At the Walter Duranty School of Journalism, by any chance? biggrin smilie biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell You taught rhetoric, propaganda and persuasion, Vic? I'm not at all surprised. Where did you teach? At...

Very cute. I have done a lot of things over the years my child. Some day I might list them out for you.

@VicZinc Very cute. I have done a lot of things over the years my child. Some day I might list them out for you.

Your child? wt smilie

OMG, could it be? YOU'RE my long-lost Dad? omg smilie

PLEASE don't tell anyone, Vic! swt smilie

I'd NEVER live down the embarrassment! ono smilie

Hopefully it doesn't take another trillion to fix what protestors are destroying..

@2510017

I agree.
At least he didn't spend more than 2 minutes bragging about how great he was.
At least he acknowledged the hate crimes that have occured since he was elected.
He did offer some olive-branches even if the speech was littered with inaccuracies and sprinkled with bad policy ideas, it was, by Trump standards, way above what I thought I would hear.

The only "good" thing about Trump's speech is that he used a teleprompter, and listen to a few sane people, for a change.

And what has Trump done, to help the "little guy"?

His policies still stink.

The polls say people had taken it in a more positive way compared to his others speech, and say he should keep to the teleprompter.

Still, I don't get why he's still saying 90-something million people are unemployed. Isn't he counting everyone from 16-up? That's unrealistic, since he's counting college kids, retired, stay-home parents, disabled and such.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +2Reply
@Sofia The polls say people had taken it in a more positive way compared to his others speech, and say he should keep to...

Everyone I know who wants a job can get a job. Five years ago when I posted a job opening I would get hundreds of applications in the first day, now I am lucky to get a dozen in a week and mostly all are currently employed or are retired and just looking for something to do.

Maybe you can call your democrat representatives and tell them to support these plan you like so much. Obviously, the lack of democrat enthusiasm indicates that they don't intend to do squat - I suppose until they get a poll telling them that ISIS, Mexico and immigrants like his plans.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick Maybe you can call your democrat representatives and tell them to support these plan you like so much. Obviously...

I already did.
Yes to infrastructure
Yes to health care
No to VOICE
No to deregulation

@VicZinc I already did. Yes to infrastructure Yes to health care No to VOICE No to deregulation

Yeah, sure - no sense in caring for families devastated by illegal aliens. And, who doesn't want to waste money and choke the economy with needless regulations?

Totally expected from you Vic!

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +1Reply
@Budwick Of course I did what?

Expect me to be liberal. I didn't expect Trump to be. I guess he fooled you too.

@VicZinc Expect me to be liberal. I didn't expect Trump to be. I guess he fooled you too.

Trump was never considered a true conservative or republican in my book. Eliminating regulations is NOT a democrat move - quite the contrary. Compassion for victims is normally a democrat staple - but they booed Trump the other night when he mentioned it. Clear evidence that the dems are all about party - very little about what's right.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick Trump was never considered a true conservative or republican in my book. Eliminating regulations is NOT a democrat...

I am about helping victims. The boos were for the 'i' when Trump ignores the victims of domestic terror. 99% of victims of crime in the US are victims of citizens.

@VicZinc I am about helping victims. The boos were for the 'i' when Trump ignores the victims of domestic terror. 99% of...

Fair point, but the government isn't in a position to preempt citizen crime. And, of course as Trump has made clear a number of times, he wants to put American citizens first. I still don't understand what the problem is with that.

@Budwick Fair point, but the government isn't in a position to preempt citizen crime. And, of course as Trump has made...

Fair. Right back at you.

You support it and I will not.

Now why won't you vote on this post?

Anonymous